+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Office Test in October 2014

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
I didn't mean any type of discouragement but I was just answering a question about my specific case and experience...of course I wish all a quick oath and very positive experience...we all are in the same pot and good news from anyone should make all of us happy and full of hope! Congrats on your quick interview which should be a very positive sign of an oath soon :)

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
egyo said:
I didn't mean any type of discouragement but I was just answering a question about my specific case and experience...of course I wish all a quick oath and very positive experience...we all are in the same pot and good news from anyone should make all of us happy and full of hope! Congrats on your quick interview which should be a very positive sign of an oath soon :)
I already took my oath since Sept. 25th.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! :) Those of you who had the test/received the invite, do you remember how long did it take to get the test invite since your received line disappeared? I'm betting on 2 months... :) Thanks.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gbustamante said:
Guys a quick question for the ones that took the exam in this office, I'm schedule for 8:30 am on October 23 just want to know for how long am I going to be in the office that day, i have heard the test is rather quick, but the test interview and whatever else How long does that take??

m I going to have part of that day back to me, m i going to be out by lunch time?

GB

GB - when did you apply and when was your file transferred to Kitchener office?

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:
GB - when did you apply and when was your file transferred to Kitchener office?
Same question to you Iris66, please. :)

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
aed said:
Same question to you Iris66, please. :)
application received - Dec. 30th, 2013,
received line disappeared - May 2nd, 2014
file transferred -May 7th, 2014,
test - July 31st, 2014
oath - Sept. 25th, 2014

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iris66 said:
application received - Dec. 30th, 2013,
received line disappeared - May 2nd, 2014
file transferred -May 7th, 2014,
test - July 31st, 2014
oath - Sept. 25th, 2014
Thank you, Iris66. :)

marvelsun

Aug 11, 2007
I applied on January 27th 2014. I haven't received a test invite yet. According to CIC, my file was transferred to the Kitchener office on Aug 12.

Does anyone know typically how long it takes before they send out the test invite?

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marvelsun said:
I applied on January 27th 2014. I haven't received a test invite yet. According to CIC, my file was transferred to the Kitchener office on Aug 12.

Does anyone know typically how long it takes before they send out the test invite?
No idea. But obviously... Long :(

gbustamante

Oct 10, 2014
I wont be able to stress enough how nice, personable, friendly and a bunch other positive adjectives for the guys who work in the Kitchener Office. I was there last week wrote the exam and got 19/20, the exam is really easy but you have to read Discover Canada a couple of times and write the online exams, the free ones would suffice.
As for the people who work there the guy who manage the exam, that i can not remember his name was cracking jokes to make sure that the level of stress on everyone was minimize, i really like his approach! two thumbs up for him.
The interviewer was also amazing, went thru my passport which i didn't and discover a week that i did not declared he was cool with that since i have more than the days needed.
So if you are saying the truth in the application and you say who you are, there is nothing to be worry.

below my timeline

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 20, 2014.

We sent you a notice on October 6, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gbustamante said:
I wont be able to stress enough how nice, personable, friendly and a bunch other positive adjectives for the guys who work in the Kitchener Office. I was there last week wrote the exam and got 19/20, the exam is really easy but you have to read Discover Canada a couple of times and write the online exams, the free ones would suffice.
As for the people who work there the guy who manage the exam, that i can not remember his name was cracking jokes to make sure that the level of stress on everyone was minimize, i really like his approach! two thumbs up for him.
The interviewer was also amazing, went thru my passport which i didn't and discover a week that i did not declared he was cool with that since i have more than the days needed.
So if you are saying the truth in the application and you say who you are, there is nothing to be worry.

below my timeline

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on October 6, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
do you know when your file was transferred from Sydney to Kitchener?

angel20018

Oct 30, 2014
Thanks for the info. Do you know the approximate time it took for the exam and interview? I know the exam is 30 mins., but I just want to know the overall time.
Which online practice quiz did you find helpful?

We are scheduled to write our test on November 5 at 8 a.m.

gbustamante said:

below my timeline

Citizenship

gbustamante

Oct 10, 2014
Me and wife were schedule for 830am and by 1130 we were in Brampton having coffee and donuts with our friend who look after our younger kid.
A previous person in this thread mention to me to plan for 2-3 hrs. for the exam they give you up to 30 mins. but there was this guy who finish in 2 minutes (this is not a joke) it took me about 5 min (i was the second one out) to finish but it took my wife over 15min so it all depends on you and how many times you want to read the questions to make sure they are ok.
They call you in for the interview in the order you finish the exam, in my case since i apply as a family I have to wait for my wife to finish for them to call us in. Again nothing to worry, if you are who you say you are and the information you submitted is all acurate.

GB