Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Hi Chelley! :) I just love your family stories...

Good Morning everyone!

Congratulations Waiting...

I'm just popping in... Taking a read & catching up... :D

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
chelley : That is the first I have heard of someone being declined on this forum. Does anyone know what the circumstances are and if that person appealed the decision?

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning forum family and congrats waiting for the update. Charlie has good advice on the interview, research interview through search and they will give you some generic questions ( 87 in fact). I would suggest that you step outside your relationship to review what red flags there are and address them up front. We had many red flags ( age, culture differences etc) but with the assistance of the forum we were able to see what they were and addressed them in our app. Sometimes the advice was hard to take as I felt we had enough proof of genuine relationship to demonstrate our love, came to understand that the IO's job is to doubt every little thing so I had better be as good at my job in a good understanding of the process. Like Charlie I came on the forum many months before we applied so had the ability to get a head start covering every little detail, avoiding an interview. We all hope they just want to see your hubby's big smiling grin when they approve him but to fail the interview by not being 100% prepared will result in an additional delay, usually takes 6-8 months to get an ARD hearing or a year for full appeal hearing. Not trying to scare you but you need to understand the consequences. We prepared for a year as we expected an interview and actually got to know each other really well by doing this, we know how to cheer each other up or piss each other off very quickly.
lilmaya, what Nae is refering to by positive vibes from old timers isn't suggesting that we didn't have our down days, we recognized them through posts and jumped in to assist our friends to let them know that are not alone in this process. We would tell jokes, happy experiences, wedding stories, our plans when we were going to JA, ask advice from one another on issues not directly involved in imm. I sent some pretty racey jokes back in the day and some of us would wager how many -'s I could get out of them, got 8 one time. There is nothing to be gained by feeling down because something out of your control is dictating your families happiness. We all survived the process by looking at the end of the imm process and Charlie said it best by stating it is not the end you should be fretting over, it is the beginning of your new lives together you should be planning for. Chelley and many others have made great suggestions in keeping your minds and hearts busy.
As I said before the ship you are on is called "Discovering Patience", no one will deboard without knowing the journies stormy waters, nor the beautiful blue sea. It will make your Beginning that much more special

Have an awesome day everyone

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
For old times sake

Hollywood Squares:

These great questions and answers are from the days when theHollywood Squares game show responses were spontaneous, not scripted, as they are now.
Peter Marshall was the host asking the questions, of course.
Q. Paul, what is a good reason for pounding meat?
A. Paul Lynde: Loneliness!
(The audience laughed so long and so hard it took up almost 15 minutes of the show!)

Q. Do female frogs croak?
A. Paul Lynde: If you hold their little heads under water long enough.

Q. If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be?
A. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it.

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years.
A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes.

Q. You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?
A. Don Knotts: That's what's been keeping me awake.

Q. According to Cosmopolitan, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is attractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?
A. Rose Marie: No wait until morning.

Q. Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?
A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.

Q. In Hawaiian, does it take more than three words to say 'I Love You'?
A. Vincent Price: No, you can say it with a pineapple and a twenty.

Q. What are 'Do It,' 'I Can Help,' and 'I Can't Get Enough'?
A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q. As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?
A. Rose Marie: You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget.

Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?
A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

Q. Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?
A.. Charley Weaver: Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries.

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?
A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q. It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps. One is politics, what is the other?
A. Paul Lynde: Tape measures.

Q. During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet?
A. Rose Marie: Unfortunately Peter, I'm always safe in the bedroom.

Q. Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls?
A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.

Q. When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do?
A. Paul Lynde: Make him bark?

Q. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?
A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?
A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the Army.

Q. It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it?
A. Paul Lynde: Mine may be abused, but it certainly isn't neglected..

Q. Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?
A. George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.

Q. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?
A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?

Q. When a couple have a baby, who is responsible for its sex?
A. Charley Weaver: I'll lend him the car, the rest is up to him...

Q. Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they?
A. Charley Weaver: His feet.

Q. According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed?
A. Paul Lynde: Point and laugh

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Bahahaha Canuck!! Good one :p

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hey HF! is it warming up out there for you and the hubby yet? we're finally seeing some decent weather and the (older) kids are up at my mom's tapping the maple trees for syrup :) fun for them and yummmm for me :D yay! hubby and i took the baby to red lobster and he was determined to climb up on some old indian man's lap and try to lick his cheek... it was the most bizarre thing... and proof that insanity must be in my genes :( LMAO

lilmaya... the verbal decline was a member (don't want to get the name wrong), but she applied on a congugal status... very difficult to prove for people who have no true barriers to marriage... their reasoning was that her husbands divorce was taking over 2 years (i believe it was near final at interview time tho)... the interviewer bascially told her hubby that they had no barriers keeping her from living with him in jamaica (which is questionable, but i guess he wasn't prepared to dispute that, so they were told that their application wasn't going forward)... not sure if they received "Official" written decline tho, it might have been just a very scary misunderstanding? it didn't sound good tho... she was prepared to appeal, but considering that appeals are very time consuming, and the divorce required was near completion, she had pretty much decided that they would marry this spring and reapply... it sounded like there was no other objection to their relationship and that the PR application would proceed successfully as legal spouse, but it's a hard lesson to learn... :( congugal is a very tough sell for most and is not the advisable route unless you can really back it up... (just incase anyone out there is reading and thinking congugal is the way to go for them... it can be done, but it's not for everyone and not easy)...

hopefully she'll come back and update us soon... she was gathering wedding inspirations the last i remember hearing from her...

hey Canuck... great post and good humor, as always :)

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
chelley: I agree. If immigration can dispute the validity of an actual marriage I would hate to apply as conjugal! It sounds like they gave it a shot as they had to wait for the divorce to go through anyway but hopefully once they are legally married it will be smooth sailing for them! I know some of the red flags for immigration are age and cultural differences. Have you seen anyone getting called in for an interview for any specific reasons you can think of?
By the way, I really love seeing members like yourself who have already gotten through but are still here to provide advice for those pushing through! It is so appreciated!! :-*

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
waiting, I just reread your post and a couple more items. It appears they are requesting additional proof of ongoing relationship as well. You should have hubby take any additional info you have gathered since your app was filed a year ago. Your travel iteneries for trips to visit him, photos of you together, phone records, money transfers, anything you have that shows the IO that you have maintained a relationship after the app was filed

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
in regards to the ongoing communication, I have a little question, i sent all of our skype convo's and home phone records, now has anyone been able to save BBM messages, or have u kept international phone cards? WE both have BBM, so my home ph call have decreased, and im totally not tech savy at alllllll, so i have no idea how to save these convos

MORE GOOD NEWS!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!! LETS GO KINGSTON!!!!!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
We use MSN or Skype, and for phones we got a Flow landline with unlimited international calling (way cheaper than him calling me), as using calling cards or international minutes on a prepaid phone does not give you the actual number called. Also it was a lot of hassle to get our text messages printed off, so we didn't bother with those. It was mainly us flirting anyways :p

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Irving: My brother in law (jamaica) and sister in law (new york) are going through the sponsorship process and have both been called in for interviews in Kingston. As getting texts and stuff off phones he brought in is phone itself and they did look at that. They did however ask him to bring in proof the phone belongs to him :p
I also have a friend (canada) who is sponsoring her husband (ghana) who was denied after an interview (due to HUGE age difference) and she is now in the appeal process. She was in contact with Rogers who said it was impossible to get copies of texts or to print them herself so she will also be bringing in her cell phone to her appeal interview.

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010 (returned MAY sent back JULY)
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
Hey forum

CONGRATS Brownsuga that was a fast land for hubby seems they are anywhere from 7 days to collect pp now?

WATNG4STAR congrats thats a postve to hear somethng (even tho thats not what you wanted to hear) but just prepare prepare prepare! as Canuc/charlyD says

Hubby dropped pp Tues ECAS changed today to "dec made" "recv app Aug xxx" "start processng March 11th" (got call) "meds recvd" "dec made on app" & "offce contact you concerng dec".... WOW THATS THE 1ST SO MUCH ON THERE! LOL

Anyway LlMaya dont munderstand NAE NAE shes only spread good vbes because SOANXOUS MSSNG & few old ones from 2-3 years ago had a VERY LONG process so lets count our blessngs they are processng on average anywhere from 7 months now

LETS HEAR SOME MORE GOOD NEWS THE DAY NOT DUN YET!!!!!

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
chukie : Congratulations!! That is positive news all around.
I love hearing that immigration actually do update ECAS and even more that they do it on Tuesday when they say they are going to!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
LOL Chelley, your son is too funny! ;D
Yes the weather is getting warmer FINALLY. Hubby is looking forward to Spring, tired of the "dried up" trees now I think.

Mmmm Maple Syrup, I used to love going to the Sugar Bush to tap the trees. :)

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Nae nae girl.. its a been a while since I read from you... Hope are things with you, hubby and the baby??? Hubby find work yet?? I must agree with you, Canuck, CharlieD hit it right on the head... I really miss the cheering and all the jokes and stories I haven’t been around all that long but long enough to have experienced something different :p
I too felt a lot of negativity lately and thats why I kidda distance myself from the forum...

Irving... BBM messages can be saved... go to your bbm screen, click on your bb menu button, scroll down to options then scroll down to save chat history ( I recommend saving it to media card) now to retrieve them plug you bb to your pc and go to your media card and you will see your bbm convos

Text messages can be send from your device to your email thats what I did... then i printed off the email with the text messages on it ( The only thing is that if you take it from your phone and send it to yourself you don’t see the actual sender because by sending the msg you became the sender but I printed off a few that I thought could help our case :p

Congrats chukie... since you’re update I have become addicted to my facebook again lol... I must say that I have the e-cas tracker and I still have to go all the time... My little obsessions hahahaha :)