Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
how long does it take to get in for the medicals?

im thinking to book my flight for next week...can i get in and get them done before then or is it a long wait?
any info anyone can give me on that....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
SmoothiesQueen: I think it depends which DMP office you choose. My husband went to the Mandeville location and got an appointment right away.

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
ok im stressing now...booked my flight to go back to canada so have to have every thing done....

Can you guys be my second opinion so to speak....and make me a checklist of everything I have to have from my husband and child...my side is already covered...lol i think. I'm massively stressed so it might be easy to overlook things in this state.

Also in addition to the checklist....can someone explain the stupid photos to me. I got eight immigration size photos for the papers done for both my husband and daughter...as well as five for the medicals. Its immigration size i need right for the medicals?? Not the passport size?? Or is it passport size.

Als it talks about these recent photos I need to have for my husband and child....is this just any old photo? Can someone break it down for me and tell me exactly how many photos I need for both husband and child...and what kind of photos.

U guys are saving my life here cuz right now i feel like a whirlwind of chaos.

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
Firstly, I too want to say that I've really appreciated this forum and the posts from all members. I strongly believe that this forum should be a place to share and express all feelings. It saddens me that this now may change due to recent posts.Those that are feeling down should feel like they have a place to vent and express themselves. we are here to support each other through the good and bad and that's why I love and enjoy this forum. I personally love the variety this forum has to offer. the wedding stories, jokes, landing stories, updates, obtacles, etc. The stories of challenges helps to inform others of the process and what to expect.

I agree completely with waiting & lilmaya and couldn't have said it it in a more diplomatic way. I've been telling my husband about the recent posts and what nae nae said and I've been wanting to post so badly. He has implored me to refreign lol. I just didn't know how to get to words out without getting kicked off the forum so I think i'll just say that I really do hope that people feel like this forum can still remain a safe space to discuss and share your innermost feelings regarding the imm process. Good or bad. Thats what we are here for.

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
SmoothiesQueen: The entire immigration process is so stressful from start to finish! I can imagine your panic. The best advice I can give you unfortunately is assuming you have downloaded the sponsorship package already, to follow the checklist provided to the letter. If anything that is requested on that checklist is missing, your application may be sent back.

If you find you can not get in right away to one of the DMP's, you can always try booking at a different office that may have less of a waitlist assuming you are able to get around. Apparently a lot of applications get sent back because signatures are missing so while you are with your husband make sure he signs in all the necessary spots and fills out all his paperwork. Make copies of all his documents like passport and birth certificates. For the photos, we sent 5 passport photos for the recent photos. Has your husband completed his police clearance?

If i think of anything else I'll let you know.

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
ebonyshine : You know although i can't say I have read all 600 pages of posts, I occasionally have read back in the old days :p and see a very similar theme to what we have right now. It is in my opinion that some people get close to and become friends with members and when people are finally reunited with their family, some don't come back. I can understand how someone can say they miss the old members but I don't think that is reason to put down the new members. I think just as it is easy to look at our unique situations as an outsider and say 'just be patient', it's also easy as someone who has reunited with their loved one or at the end of their process to tell people 'they need to be positive all the time'.

In the short time forum since I joined, there has been stories, laughs, jokes, prayers, frustrations, fears... you name it. I think the old members in their time here probably can look at their past months and see the same thing. After nae nae's comment I felt at first like I would just sit back and watch the forum since I don't want to give it up. It gives me hope and a feeling of belonging with people who are sharing a common journey.I thought maybe if i'm feeling down i'll just keep it to myself instead of sharing but then i decided that's not me and that's not why i'm here. I am on this forum to learn and to share in peoples excitement when they get news and I'm here to be a shoulder when they haven't. That is why I said something because I hope people don't start to think they have to monitor their feelings so people to accuse them of bringing down the forum. I do think most people going through this understand the ups and the downs and will support eachother during both.

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Lilmaya

This is what I have so far for my husband and child:

- Eight immigration photos each
-Five immigration photos for my husband and daughter for their medicals
-My husbands side filled out with all his info
-Police check for my husband...none for my daughter obviously as he is four
- booking the medicals in the morning so I will have those done shortly

On my side...I have most of everything done and the rest will be done when I get home.

I'm just trying to make sure I didn't miss anything for my husbands side....would be the worst thing ever to get back to Canada and discover I missed something.....

At above drama regarding new members....one must remember everyone is new at one time and this is an online forum where unless its private...new members will always join. Personally I think thats what keeps them so interesting...new and old members constantly mixing and blending..bring new and old to the table to keep things spicy and ever changing!!!

I came on here because I have no idea what I'm doing.....and I'm a young mom living living in a foriegn country trying to keep up with work and a four year old and all the craziness that comes with Jamaica....and all the stress. I needed help and this seemed to be the best place to offer it.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I think we are flogging a dead horse on this "negativity" topic. We've all had our say, shall we move the subject along?

Who's next for a visit to Jamaica? I am eager to hear my husband has gotten his PP back, I need a vacation after the stress of tax season. Going to take him to Negril and introduce him to spring break, LOL. I need a new bathing suit though, I seem to have grown out of the ones I had.

Dinner was very good, I am happy to say, but I am not much further along in the book. ??? Hubby and I ate dinner together, and ended up chatting about all manner of things, and there went reading.

Thank God, tomorrow is Friday. Not doing a thing this weekend except sleeping until my body says sleep no more. Weekend plans, anyone else?

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
somoothies- The photo you require are not passport photos. There are immigration photos. See appendix b in the link below and take it with you to get the photos if you havent already done it. I'm sure you already have the checklist but one thibg I will say is make sure your husband signs the police clearance. My husband mailed his to me without a signature and I had to send to send it back to him. The exact same thing happend to my aunt recently. These men don"t read lol don't know what they'd do without us! Also I beleive the pics they're referring to is pics of you guys together with family, friends, your wedding etc.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3909e.pdf

Lilmaya-I honestly think it needed to be said in order avoid stiflling members of the forum and thanks for intiating. That just wouldn't be fair! You make an interesting point regarding the fact she may miss the connection and frienships she obtained through the forum but no reason to put down members for expressing themselves. In addition, to assume that I don't love life and that I'm ungrateful for my family and husband because of frustrations with the imm process is just plain ignorgnant!!!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
SmoothiesQ - So far so good, you are doing great!

You want to make sure your husband does a good job on his "essay" about your relationship. It's important that dates match with yours, LOL. My husband is terrible with dates, so I wrote mine as a sort of timeline too, showing important dates and developments in our relationship. His was more about why he married me, what it was like living with me and meeting my family, and what plans we're making for the future if I'm allowed to come to Canada.

Also, have you decided to get letters of support from mutual friends and family? Those are always good to have, to know how the applicant's family feels about the new addition (you) and the relationship. Parents and siblings are good. Just tell them it doesn't have to be long, just sincere.

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
Smoothies Just realised that you did your imm phots already and it sounds like you did the correct ones.

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
SmoothiesQueen: The only thing you didn't mention was the copies of all of your husband and daughters documents. Do you have copies of their birth certificates and travel documents? Other than that it sounds like you have everything that I can think of.
Being there already it would be terrible if you had to courier documents back and forth but I do think you have everything.

Obviously I am new also but I love seeing new members. For the few months before I applied it felt like my application was in this vast hole but hearing people get phone calls and mail from kingston fills you will a little hope that they are chipping away at our applications and we will God willing be reunited with our loved ones soon!!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Yes...it just seems like I keep thinking i know what im doing and then i read it again and get confused.

I wonder if I can blame it on my four year yammering away in my ear 24-7 without ceasing LOL.......

And as far as letters....

I got them from a heap of my family members, some friends, my birthfamily as well as my adopted who were all at the wedding, our current landlord here in Jamaica, past landlords, neighbours, and some prominent friends of ours in Jamaica to show the diversity of our life...that we've established a life and social network as a couple.

The problem we have is how to avoid red flags. We were friends for a long time before we got together as a couple...and because of being friends for a long while before...we knew pretty quick that we wanted to spend our lives together when we did start dating. We rushed the wedding a bit because we didn't want to be apart for a long engagement just to prove we were for real. But I'm thinking come interview time if that happens..that might be a red flag.Maybe not because we had a life here for so long before deciding to file.

I kinda never thought of that until reading on here...because we've lived here in Jamaica as a couple...with a regular life and I just see us like any married couple world wide...happy and normal. It kinds ruffles my feathers abit to have to go back and think how to prove my marriage to a couple of officals who don't know us!!
My husband is a part of my family and they fly out here and spend time with us all the time. Recently my parents came to visit twice in just over a month....its kinda hard when life has been normal for us so long to think that if we prove it wrong someone could take this away from us.

We have age on our side...we are the same age, six months apart. I can't imagine any other red flags other than rushing our wedding and getting engaged rather quickly after dating.

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
Charlie ...
even though you just sent in your package you have a great advantage over most of us, you were smart enough to find this website prior to compiling your application, I didnt even know such thing exist, had i not gotten frastrated of the long process one day.

i think that is what cause you to be so calm, and that is so good, many of us is only getting calm since we join this forum, thats is why what was said is been taken so personally.

but as you said newbies lets join together and build a relationship with each other and forget about what others might think.

i started by offering up a prayer to God everyday, and i hope you will join because the truth is only pray can move mountain....

I myself said I was just gonna follow the forum but im not ever gonna post again but naw, I wanna be help and be of help if i can, I have been waiting since feb 2010 now they are asking for interview, how can that not be stressful?

Charlie ....congrats on your succesful super....i cooked some chicken and rice, my son came down from his room after been in his room all day (mach break), looked at dinner and said "mom is this one of your experiments again" kissed his teeth and went back to his room.... can you imagin

if a give this boy one kick you see him piss up himself, hahaha