13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Leshatesha said:
Hi everyone,
Hubby landed on Thursday.
To be honest there was not much to say. He landed at 6:40. Hubby reported tthe immigrationofficer did not ask him any questions. He just signed forms, his sin number was issued and he was told that his PR card would arrive in the mail. We left the airport around 7:30 and went straight to the mall for some Greek food (his favorite) we did not tell anyone he was coming.

Yesterday night we visited his mother unannounced. I thought she was going to have a heart attack. She was is shock! She looked like she saw a ghost. We then visited my parents who were so happy to see him. Everyone told us that it would take 1-2 years. Our application took 7 months to be processed.

My husband was sent joke on a 1 year exclusion order in 2013. We were married in 2014 and sent in our application. We have had to endure many obstacles along the way (negativity from family, miscarriage etc...). But through the grace of God our application was processed fast.

To all newbies, keep the faith.
I hope mine is that fast too my husband is on an exclusion order too we have lived together for 6 years and it's killing me too have him seperated from me but this gives me hope :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Leshatesha said:
Hi everyone,
Hubby landed on Thursday.
To be honest there was not much to say. He landed at 6:40. Hubby reported tthe immigrationofficer did not ask him any questions. He just signed forms, his sin number was issued and he was told that his PR card would arrive in the mail. We left the airport around 7:30 and went straight to the mall for some Greek food (his favorite) we did not tell anyone he was coming.

Yesterday night we visited his mother unannounced. I thought she was going to have a heart attack. She was is shock! She looked like she saw a ghost. We then visited my parents who were so happy to see him. Everyone told us that it would take 1-2 years. Our application took 7 months to be processed.

My husband was sent joke on a 1 year exclusion order in 2013. We were married in 2014 and sent in our application. We have had to endure many obstacles along the way (negativity from family, miscarriage etc...). But through the grace of God our application was processed fast.

To all newbies, keep the faith.
Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Leshatesha!!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
I am new to all of this, and have been waiting (not so patiently).......

Hubby and I have been married 5 years, have 2 children together. Applied for TRV 3 times and denied each time. Finally filed for sponsorship, papers sent Dec 17th, received Dec 18th.

Sponsorship approval: Mar 7th
Background check and medicals sent in March 27th.
Now, it says up to 25 months for it to be processed but is that accurate? Anyone get it done sooner? Ours seems simple to me, shouldnt have any issues. Hubby has never been in trouble with the law, university educated, we have 2 kids together, etc etc. I guess im just looking for some encouragement that it wont take so much time?

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
shortyp2000 said:
I am new to all of this, and have been waiting (not so patiently).......

Hubby and I have been married 5 years, have 2 children together. Applied for TRV 3 times and denied each time. Finally filed for sponsorship, papers sent Dec 17th, received Dec 18th.

Sponsorship approval: Mar 7th
Background check and medicals sent in March 27th.
Now, it says up to 25 months for it to be processed but is that accurate? Anyone get it done sooner? Ours seems simple to me, shouldnt have any issues. Hubby has never been in trouble with the law, university educated, we have 2 kids together, etc etc. I guess im just looking for some encouragement that it wont take so much time?
Hi and welcome!
I will add you to the spreadsheet. Link in my signature. You can look at it and see processing times of peoples in that thread.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Thanks so much, thats great. Wow, thats really encouraging to see that the people who have done it close to my time have everything done within 8/9 months. Oh I pray for that!! Its just my hubby on the paperwork (he doesnt have other kids other than the 2 with me). He was proactive and did the medical and background check already and sent it in before they asked for it. Hopefully it just goes smoothly.

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Has anyone ever had to submit extra information after first sending off their application? My husband and I got some surprising updates today that we want to add to our package. We mailed it on March 20th so haven't received anything yet (of course, we know it's early!)
I called today and when I finally got through he said just to wait a couple months until we are in the system but I wanted to see what you ladies who have been through this think!
Thanks!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
shortyp2000 said:
Thanks so much, thats great. Wow, thats really encouraging to see that the people who have done it close to my time have everything done within 8/9 months. Oh I pray for that!! Its just my hubby on the paperwork (he doesnt have other kids other than the 2 with me). He was proactive and did the medical and background check already and sent it in before they asked for it. Hopefully it just goes smoothly.
You're welcome!! But what u mean...when u sent the package the meds and police check was not included in ur package? Everyone here did this before to send the application. Its a must. On the checklist documents they mention to provide meds and police check. The only thing who could be sent after is the permanent resident fees. Crossed fingers for u that the process will be quick! :)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Sara8513 said:
Has anyone ever had to submit extra information after first sending off their application? My husband and I got some surprising updates today that we want to add to our package. We mailed it on March 20th so haven't received anything yet (of course, we know it's early!)
I called today and when I finally got through he said just to wait a couple months until we are in the system but I wanted to see what you ladies who have been through this think!
Thanks!
Well yes, you should wait the sponsorship approval and when ur file will be in Kingston you could email them with the new info.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
on the sponsor questionnaire form

9.are you a naturalized Canadian or president of Canada?

no or yes if yes on what did you becomes a permanent resident?

the this is my wife was adopted by a canadian in 2007 what would be the answer for that question?

ofia

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
kingston
App. Filed.......
Sept. 7 2018
Med's Done....
14-11-13
Hi everyone haven't post for awhile. Just wanna say congrats to those who have heard good news n those who have come this waiting congrats it wasn't an easy wait. As for those of us who are still waiting hold on believe and have faith. Newbie, just relax its a process that takes a lot of time. There a veterans on here who will assist you.
Be a optimistic in life.
Waiting for a respond from kingston and Mississauga at the moment.

Sunkissed814

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Hi everybody! Brand new to this board! Glad to read so many posts with so much information! About a month ago I was going to join but then got distracted and thought I had lots of time to chat here. Little background on our sponsorship application for you......

We submitted our application on November 12, it took way more than the 42 days posted on line and I was finally approved on February 13. I started bawling at my desk that day, as most of you know this is a roller coaster ride and it has a huge sack of emotions tied to it! As you read on the website the wait time for processing the permanent resident piece in Kingston states 25 months. So of course I thought we had least one more year to wait.

Now immigration is very confusing at times as online it says one thing and then their actual practices seem to be another. So here is why I need some help from anyone that can provide us a bit of information to this process. Today my husband called March 30 and said the embassy called him and is requesting he mail them his passport. Of course he just said yes and didn't ask any questions!!! Love my man!!! Think he was in shock they were calling do soon! I can not read anywhere online that this is part of the process. I am excited but anxious as have no clue what happens next? There was no email, no you are approved, no questions about when do you want to come to Canada?

Has anyone had this happen before? Do you know what Immigrations next steps may possibly be? Online all I see is medical received but no updates as to this passport request. I am praying someone here can let me know what this means for us. As we all know if I try to contact immigration I may never get through to them! I am assuming they are getting closer to approval, however I am blown away that it is so soon!

If you have any advice or information to share it would be greatly appreciated!
:) ;)
Anxious wife of a dear Jamaican husband who loves to tell her "nuh worry, it's no problem"!!!!!!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
MelJam said:
You're welcome!! But what u mean...when u sent the package the meds and police check was not included in ur package? Everyone here did this before to send the application. Its a must. On the checklist documents they mention to provide meds and police check. The only thing who could be sent after is the permanent resident fees. Crossed fingers for u that the process will be quick! :)
Yeahhhhh, i know... i told hubby to do the medical before hand, but he insisted he needed the UCI number first. I told him we needed to send it all together but he's a little hard headed! But hopefully it doesnt slow the process by too much.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Sunkissed814 said:
Hi everybody! Brand new to this board! Glad to read so many posts with so much information! About a month ago I was going to join but then got distracted and thought I had lots of time to chat here. Little background on our sponsorship application for you......

We submitted our application on November 12, it took way more than the 42 days posted on line and I was finally approved on February 13. I started bawling at my desk that day, as most of you know this is a roller coaster ride and it has a huge sack of emotions tied to it! As you read on the website the wait time for processing the permanent resident piece in Kingston states 25 months. So of course I thought we had least one more year to wait.

Now immigration is very confusing at times as online it says one thing and then their actual practices seem to be another. So here is why I need some help from anyone that can provide us a bit of information to this process. Today my husband called March 30 and said the embassy called him and is requesting he mail them his passport. Of course he just said yes and didn't ask any questions!!! Love my man!!! Think he was in shock they were calling do soon! I can not read anywhere online that this is part of the process. I am excited but anxious as have no clue what happens next? There was no email, no you are approved, no questions about when do you want to come to Canada?

Has anyone had this happen before? Do you know what Immigrations next steps may possibly be? Online all I see is medical received but no updates as to this passport request. I am praying someone here can let me know what this means for us. As we all know if I try to contact immigration I may never get through to them! I am assuming they are getting closer to approval, however I am blown away that it is so soon!

If you have any advice or information to share it would be greatly appreciated!
:) ;)
Anxious wife of a dear Jamaican husband who loves to tell her "nuh worry, it's no problem"!!!!!!
Wow!! Congrats on getting through so fast!

You won't see anything online about the passport being requested. This is what you will see

Application received
Medical received
In process
And finally decision made

Those are the 4 steps. He needs to send his passport to the high commission in Kingston with a return DHL slip. Once they have issued the visa your Ecas will change to decision made and the passport will be sent back to him. Then it's time to book a flight for him to come home to you!!

Congrats again on the fast processing time

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
chucky44 said:
on the sponsor questionnaire form

9.are you a naturalized Canadian or president of Canada?

no or yes if yes on what did you becomes a permanent resident?

the this is my wife was adopted by a canadian in 2007 what would be the answer for that question?
The answer should be NO she is Citizen of Canada right???

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
ofia said:
Hi everyone haven't post for awhile. Just wanna say congrats to those who have heard good news n those who have come this waiting congrats it wasn't an easy wait. As for those of us who are still waiting hold on believe and have faith. Newbie, just relax its a process that takes a lot of time. There a veterans on here who will assist you.
Be a optimistic in life.
Waiting for a respond from kingston and Mississauga at the moment.
Hey sugar dumplin! I still thinking abt you, I hope the best and keep continue praying! One Love and keep me posted! :)