Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Jamgirl - I will pray that you and hubby get the phone call you deserve this week; good luck!

Melissa123 - Welcome! Yes, this immigration process is a rollercoaster ride; however, you have found this wonderful forum and we're all in it together...one big happy family!

RFMO - Hang in there! I really feel for you and your hubby and I hope everything during the interview turns out positive. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
*chirp chirp chirp*

Quiet Sunday :)

Here's to hoping for an active week ahead! Enjoy your Sunday dinners!

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Hi,

I am new to the forum and read through the post and think this is a wonderful way to help the time go by; during the process of waiting.

I filed in Feb. 202, received sponsorship approval in May 2012 and my filed transfered that same month. Has any received any information since then? My eCas file has not been updated with any other info.

Going crazy...

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Welcome Daddys Girl!

I applied in March and my application is in the same position as yours, as are many others on this forum. You found the right place to go through the process with all of us - which includes ups & downs!!!!!

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Hey it's good to see a Jamaican thread going on. Makes me feel good to discuss important issues with my co-yardies.

I am here on a visitor's visa. My husband is Canadian and will be sponsoring me but we haven't yet submitted the application as we went to two different lawyers who told us that since he owes gvt taxes he needs to pay it up before. However, one agent at CIC office told me he could still sponsor me but then when I told him what the lawyers said he said they were correct! Another agent told me that taxes were not included in the restrictions to sponsor spouses. Several persons in other forums have said they rece'd approval even when owing taxes. I think I am going to go ahead with their advice and submit the application. What do you think? I get confused when one agent says one thing and another says another thing as the first agent said CIC wld investigate with CIC and find out if ttaxes are owing even though I understand from the second agent that they would only investigate the restrictions on their list which do not include taxes.
Another concern is should I apply for extension to stay and see what reply is and then put in sponsorship application after receiving that response? Or should I just go ahead and do sponsorship application? Anyone with any experience in those regards?

Kristy0519

Sep 19, 2012
Hi everyone,
I am new to this whole process and a little overwhelmed. It's nice to know all of you are going through similar situations. I am Canadian. My new husband is Jamaican and is still in Jamaica planning to immigrate to Canada. I just got back from Jamaica where we married 11 days ago. So we are basically at square one. At this point I think we are planning on trying for a TRV first. If we are approved, the plan is to apply for a PR while he is here. I understand it's quite difficult to obtain the TRV however. If anyone has any advice to help facilitate this process it would be really appreciated.
Thanks, Kristy :)

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
@ Nevaeha:

Thanks for the response and the warm welcome! I hope they come back with something soon! I was looking at the chart with the outcomes and it looks like 2010/2011 had the shortest processing times. I don't understand what takes so long to go over a few papers and make a decision.

Considering that neither my husband or myself have any children..it should be a simple process! Well, the prayers will continue to go up. From my lips to God's ears!!!

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
I have come to the conclusion that the Kingston office is on vacation with no return date in the near future!!! Do they not understand that these are people's lives and futures that they are holding in an abyss.

Need to find a way to get the Government's attention...protest...petition...any ideas!!!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Good Morning everyone
happy Monday
sad to say but I now dread the weekends and look forward to the week days because I know that weekends kgn is off and Mondays they are back to work and there are possibilities for updates
welcome welcome to our newbie’s we are expanding gradually ...the more the merrier

thank you all for you kind words and helping me to keep a level head.
I swear sometimes I get off and then in the blink of an eye I am back to normal again
I guess it's the Gemini in me(multiple personality) lol my mom thinks its a disorder and I should be treated for it lol...

so after a weekend that seems like it would never end ..
Laughing, crying, stress and everything in between
After my Drs. appointment Saturday hearing that loosing 23 lbs in 3 weeks ..I mean glad for the weight loss but with my terrible diet and lack of exercise it has me cause for worry . especially now that for the first time ever I have elevated blood pressure….
So I have declared and resolved that I am not going to stress on this immigration thing anymore.
I am not going to set any kind of date in my mind of when I expect hubby to be here because trust my mind is telling me that it will be sometime next year so I will simply work with that
I will go with immigration and provide them whatever they ask of me and him and we will continue to have me go and visit when ever possible… with the grace of God they will soon be home …. But one day at a time no more stressing
Gonna focus on my health and well being … new philosophy in life things seem to be taking so long because I am daily obsessing over the process so I am taking a step back …. Once I return home from my vacation I will be back starting a hot yoga class and finding things to occupy my mind and time as not to let immigration destroy me ……

With all that said come on kgn give us something to celebrate
Ohhh and congrats anada on your choice to quite smoking ….it will be difficult at first but trust so worth it in the end I choose to stop 3 years ago had a few relapses but once I decided that I looked on all the money I spent it was easier for me to stop. When I stopped I decided that every day I would put $7.00 in jar because that’s what I spent daily on cigarettes… that 7.00 a day paid for me and my daughter to go Jamaica less than a year later ....plus pocket money

lol long ass essay monday from ready :p :p :p

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning and WOW :eek: welcome to Daddy's Girl and Kristy0519 and tamarindball! So marvelous to "see" so many new faces. Ladies, welcome and stick and stay, you are in the right place if you have a Jamaican spouse emigrating or you are a Jamaican spouse migrating to Canada! Jamgirl, our resident updater, will add you guys to our updates list and you can climb aboard our likkle immigration boat (not so likkle anymore), grab an oar and start rowing! :)

OK, now to some individual posts!

RFMO, so glad to see you bouncing back. I think you will like the hot yoga class, everything I have seen tells me it is intense but can be very "centre-ing", if I may make up a word! I like how you used the financial gain from quitting smoking, I use that one all the time when I am trying to convince myself to give up something: I calculate how much I will save and plan what to spend it on! Works like a charm every time!

Daddy's Girl, welcome! You are in the line at KG, now is the time when you will hear little or nothing, so it is the time to focus on your relationship and get yourself and hubby in the frame of mind to deal with all that will come with migrating. Trust me, immigration is just one roller coaster ride, as soon as he has that visa you are both getting on another one and there will be more ups and downs during the settling in period! Prepare from now, and it will be easier when the time comes!

Kristy0519, lots of spouses here (myself included) were denied TRVs. It is quite simply VERY likely you will be wasting the money and time trying to get one. That said, you are the only ones who can decide what is right for you. In the meantime, though, start preparing yourselves for the PR part of things, gather your supporting documents, go through the forms together and get familiar with them and start preparing your draft.

Hey tamarindball! I saw that name on the forum and I thought to myself "I bet that is a Jamaican!" and here you are, LOL. Nice to see another emigrating wife, we tend to be outnumbered by the hubbies, LOL. Two things: (1) start preparing your PR application, it is going to take awhile. It may look tempting to apply Inland because you are already in Canada, but it is best to go Outland although KG is looking slower than molasses flowing uphill in December right now. Reason being, Inland is a minimum of 11 months, no ifs, ands or buts. On the other hand, KG can take as little as 5 months, depending on how strong your application is and the length of your relationship. Add to that you are in Canada already, and they seem to do those a lot faster than those of us who are in Jamaica.

(2) You MUST keep your status legal while you remain in Canada. If you plan to stay for the length of your processing, apply for an extension at least 30 days before your current status expires. You can use the fact that you have a PR application in process as one of the reasons for applying for the extension, lots of persons get additional time because of that.

Right, I am off, I will check in later. Love to see the newbies, again, stick and stay ladies, welcome aboard! :D

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Good Morning Fam Jam,

Long time no hear ;). I miss you guys but have been very busy sorting and clearing out things and so forth. My determination to leave is so strong that I've started as if I was moving next week. Lol!

I see we have some new people so, Welcome to all our newbies! DO stick and stay! We try to help as much as possible! Kingston has a funny way of bringing complete strangers to go crazy together. I know all to well ;D

Ananda, congrats on quitting. My mom does it and I have been trying to get her to stop for over 10 years now. I guess she will when she is ready. I am so happy for you! it won't be easy but if you can handle immigration, you can handle anything.

Ready, my girl! Yoga is great! You will really enjoy it and it really eases the mind. That will be a part of my life when I arrive in Canada as well! I am glad to hear you're trying to relax and get yourself together. I am trying myself and it feels like a habit I'm trying to quit.

So with all that said, KINGSTON I feel like great news is coming in the form of an email or two!

Happy Monday everyone! Here's to the start of new week!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Hey All!

I am lurking from work this morning he he

See some new people, some I met elsewhere on the forum, none the less, WELCOME!

Will do a spreadsheet update as soon as I can!

Mawnin all my girlies!

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
OMG ............morning all....yes im still smoke free 5 days today...

on that note reading all these posts brought major tears to my eyes....and i am feeling highly helpless and emotional, and reading that ppl have submitted application even dating as far back as Feb without hearing word....is upsetting me big time...it makes me feel helpless and hopeless, and depressed at thinking maybe id be fortunate enough enough to hear something by our anniversary...

i feel depressed today...........my car engine light started blinking this morning thats ones more stress on my chest...now gotta deal with that.....

have my ticket, etc etc...but still havent actually had the time i asked off approved.....

i feel DEPRESSED...........i could only hope and pray that FINE if not by xmas i understand, but please dont let me pass 7 months, from start to end..i dont tihnk im better than anyone else where i deserve it more.....and i cant pretend like i need it more....but ONLY GOD knows that i do....cause only he knows man....i need somebody to lean on in person for a change other than myself.

i jsut need something to go right and stay right for once!!!!!!! i need a frigging BREAK!!!!!!!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

AM I NOT ENTITLED TO AT LEAST SOME consistant happiness every now and then......

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh]

Im so depressed....i feel like tomorrow is ecase update day.....but why bother....then next couple weeks is the time id expect to here something, but LMAO @ epxcting.....i sit back and see all of you who expect to here or see change./...and here we are all still effing here.................

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I dunno about being entitled, but everyone can be hopeful, Anada. :) Hang in there. I know, I know, I say that ALL the time, and here you still are, but it's all I can say. This is out of your hands, it's in KG's and God's, and all the crying in the world isn't making either of them move faster. Just keep swimming! You're a woman, which means you're one of the strongest creatures on God's green earth, and when the going gets tough, you sometimes just have to grin and kick butt to get through, even if the butt in question is your own!

On the bright side, 5 days smoke-free, look at you! Go on with your bad self! ;D

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning forum family and a big welcome to our newbies. Climb aboard and man a oar, you might as well have a little fun cause this is a long process.
Kristy as Charlie stated getting a TRV when you have a PR in progress is very difficult as the VO will see that your spouse may want to over stay.
Charlie, just because I miss the chaos we are putting in a TRV for our Maid of Honour and her hubby to come up. Pretty strong ties to JA as they both work, have a home, children, business etc so we'll see how it goes. They want to come up for xmas if you can believe, I explained that summer would be a lot nicer for them but they want to experience snow, said they already know what +20's and 30's feel like. Can't wait for them to slide thier a$$es on that frozen seat for the first time of they are successful, will keep everyone appraised how it goes.
C'mon KG get it moving.....NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guide for women
For understanding what men are trying to say.

I'M HUNGRY.
I'm hungry.

I'M SLEEPY.
I'm sleepy.

I'M TIRED.
I'm tired.

I'VE GOTTA GO.
Get out of the way and stay away until it clears.

WHAT'S WRONG?
I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of this.

WHAT'S WRONG?
What meaningless self-inflicted psychological trauma are you going through now?

YES, I LIKE THE WAY YOU CUT YOUR HAIR.
I liked it better before.

$50 and it doesn't look that much different!

For $50 they should have GIVEN YOU hair!

LET'S TALK, HONEY.
I'm trying to impress you by showing you that I am a deep person, and maybe then you'd like to have sex with me.

WILL YOU MARRY ME?
I want to make it illegal for you to have sex with other guys.

WILL YOU MARRY ME?
I might as well get tax benefits for going through these talks