Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
melissa123 said:
Thanks so much Jamgirl :D That was WAY more clear than any other person who I have tried to ask....so forsure I will be asking more questions if I come across some which I'm sure I will. We are in the last stages of putting together the applications and just hopefully everything goes through well.
Your welcome!

melissa123 said:
Oh I actually have another random question I notice on the applications when you answer one thing and it doesn't require the next part it totally blocks you from typing in that field. So does that mean it is ok to be left blank? Or when I print it out should I write N/A ? Are they strict on that? Also, for example if we are working at the same place you cannot type till "present" in that field do we just put the date that we are filling the application for?
Unfortunately, I do not know the answer for this. They did not have electronic apps back when I applied (feels like it was in 1902 lol). When I hand wrote my app, I put N/A in those fields and did write present. I suppose it would be ok if you hand write those answers in after printing it off. Maybe one of the newer applicants could answer that question better.

melissa123 said:
I am in Canada now and my husband lives in Kingston
Can I ask where in Canada you are?

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
WOW! it seems as if the waiting times are getting shorter as the years pass. I do hope that goes for us also. We are newly married as well and we both has to return to work after the marriage and I am in Calgary where abouts are you? and did you sponsor your husband? were you from Jamaica originally?

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Yes they are getting better with the wait times so here's hoping you get through fast! Congratulations on your marriage! I am in Saskatchewan. I also am sponsoring my husband who is from Trelawny. I am a white Canadian, fluffy, redneck lol and proud of it! My hubby and I have been together for 3 years, married for 1.5 and have a son together.... I moved to JA with him before we were married but had to cut that short for unforeseen circumstances. So at that point we decided to try the PR route. So here we wait, for his approval...

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
Thank you :D

I'm so jealous that you got to live there. I don't think I have been to Trelawny which part is that? the longest I have been there was 1 month and we usually stay in Kingston. So has he been to Canada as of yet? Or you are waiting for the approval and then he is to come? Sorry so many questions I think I am just excited to meet people who are in the same boat as I am and going through what I am going through. My husband and I met because I was in his friends music video now thats a story to tell our children lol

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
My husband has never been to Canada lol... hes has never left the island so big shock for him! Trelawny is on the North coast east of St. James (Montego Bay).

We are definitely all in the same boat! We all share emotions, good and bad, on here. We have a little bit of everything in here so be prepared to laugh and cry and everything in between!

That sounds like a cool story btw!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey melissa123, welcome to the forum, do stick and stay!

Jamgirl has been ably answering all your questions, and you'll find lots of encouragement and support in addition to answers here. Just one thing: the visa office to be selected for your Appendix C is Kingston, Jamaica. CPC-M is a processing office, not a visa office, although they will still be able to realize where the medical should go if you put CPC-M on the Appendix C. Your husband's medical results will be sent to Port of Spain or Ottawa to be evaluated, when Kingston requests them, they will be forwarded to them, but you want to put Kingston as the visa office right from the start.

I used to live in Kingston, whereabouts is your hubby located? Sorry, we are all fass and want to know the details as soon as someone new comes in to the forum, haha!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Oh thank you Charlie for correcting me! I actually had my husband put Mississauga on his Appendix C for the first medical (he has since redid his medical because of expiration) and as far as I know there wasn't a problem so that is why I thought my answer was correct. See, lots of help here!

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
Thanks Charlie!

So I will tell him to Put just Kingston Jamaica in the visa office and thats ok? or Kingston Jamaica CPC-M?

Yes that is no problem lol. He is from Kingston but we have a house there well he has a house but I guess it is mine now too since we are married LOL up on Jack's hill are you familiar with that area? How long have you been in Canada and were you sponsored?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Just Kingston, Jamaica is fine! (Jamgirl, you know I have your back!)

I think I went there once or twice, never more than that. I tended to stay in the areas where I lived and worked around Half Way Tree and Hughenden, I am not originally from Kingston and was there because it was where I had to be for the next stage of my career progression.

I have been in Canada for 3 and a half months. :eek: LOL, sorry, still new to me. Yes, I was sponsored by my husband in Feb 2011, received my visa Apr 2012 and landed early June.

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
Thank you I told him to change that right away!

Really? which part of Canada are you living in ? are you afraid of the Canadian winter to come? lol.... So was your husband also from Jamaica?

Also, another random question if the papers are not filled out correctly or something is missing do they make you re-do the application completely? and what does everyone check on the sponsor's first general application if you want the $75 fee to be returned or none of the amount to be returned? Is that just completely up to you?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yes, really, I am in northern ON. LOL, no not afraid, I spent two winters in NY a few years ago, so I am not totally unfamiliar with the phenomenon. We have gotten my winter wear shopping about done, so I am prepared. Still getting used to how cold it is, though, after 6 years in Kingston I had quite forgotten what it is like to shiver, haha! My husband is Canadian born and bred, LOL, the only Jamaican in him is by osmosis and the food, he was raised in Scarborough near a number of Jamaican neighbourhoods.

No, they won't make you re-do the application completely, although they might send the entire thing back to you to be corrected. That has happened to someone on this thread, but she was given a specific officer as the contact person to return it to, so her application did not go back to the back of the line.

You may check that you wish them to proceed with the application, although you would still get a refusal because a family class applicant, even if they are admissible, cannot get a visa without an eligible sponsor. The reason being, you retain your right to appeal by letting them proceed, and by the time you get a date for the appeal, you may have corrected whatever situation caused you to be ineligible to sponsor.

If you check that you don't wish them to proceed, you lose the $75 and whatever time it takes you to get back the application and correct whatever makes you ineligible to sponsor.

Six of one, half dozen of the other, so it is really up to you. We chose "do not proceed".

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Ok so is it me or does it seem like kgn deh pon lock down I mean it seems ridculous to me that people a wait a year plus now fi get through.... Soorry I'm in a sour mood this weekend I think its all da stress of the pending interview oh lord I'm so nervous and don't get me wrong I am gratefuk to know that kgn has looked at my file and the interview I know huBby will do great but hearing now that they are gonna ask for dna test have me vex ... Seriously is it not bad enough that they are questioning if my marriage is legimate now dem want question if my step daughter is too seriously that's sone ish...I know she is his child I have no doubt about that..but devils advicate say she wasn't then what they are gonna tear apart this child from the only parent she knows ....sorry all I'm just frustrated and need to vent 11 days till I see my hubby then I will feel better...where are my manners welcome mellisa123 and anyone else who is new to the forum ...please don't mind my negative vibes I'm just a little stressed right now

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey RFMO. Repeat after me: "Woooo saaaahhhh". ;D Hahaha, big fan of the Bad Boys movies, LOL.

In all seriousness, though, everyone understands your stress, you don't need to apologise. It is not easy to manage this process, and the interview is not designed to help matters. The good news, you are "ready like Freddy", you and hubby, so it is probably the waiting for the interview to be over that is getting on your nerves more than anything right now. Take some deep breaths, think about kissing hubby and being with your daughter in less than 2 weeks (woo hoo!!) and you may feel a bit more cheerful!

Or, in the alternative, turn off the phones, turn off the computers, put on a shoot-em up movie (those always make me feel so empowered, LOL) and watch some action hero (I'm a Bruce Willis fan, Die Hard anyone?!) kick butt and take no names and tell yourself you are going with hubby to the interview to do that. ;)

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
Thanks for the welcome RFMO! I understand that stress I have that stress 247 and we havent even sent it off yet. Can I ask how long have you been in the process?

Also I have sent the following as support of the relationship with over 100 pictures, cards,emails,text msg he sent me. All our wedding invitations etc. Even the receipts from all the vendors we use for the wedding, our skype history, our phone bill history for over the past 2 years, and family and friend support letters who attended our wedding. Can you suggest what other assets I may have left out or other supporting documents that would help our situation?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
It sounds to me like you have enough to be going on with, melissa123! Quality over quantity, and you have a wide range already. If you have any other proof of financial support (western union receipts or jointly held bank accounts), you can add that. Other than that, you seem to have the main bases covered.