01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
Anada said:
I saw an email this morning from 'immigration' - then realized it was just a notification from this forum lol
morning everyone,

Congrats to those who have received updates from CIC and happy belated birthday to Jamgirl cute little one. I hope CIC will send on more updates this week even though we have holidays coming up. I have so busy for the past few days trying to finalize my travel plans for canada. Would like some information on booking my flight and how soon can i book would like to fly on the 2nd week in sept.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning forum family, I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Jamgirl, what a little sweetie you have there. Lets here some news for our friends KG, it appears something needs to happen soon. Hang in the Anada and all. Well it is Monday, so...........

Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was
really pissed.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke
up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box
gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought
the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Bob has been missing since Friday.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
So I am sitting here at work and sooo depressed I can’t even think straight I am trying so hard to be strong and keep on pushing trough but I have to tell you right now I feel like going home and closing the doors and shutting out this entire world …. Everyday it gets harder and harder to deal with…. Right now I am ready to give up and go back to Jamaica and try to make a life there the only thing that Is keeping me here right now is It would not be fair to my daughter who has spent her whole life here to up root her and have her start off in a different country … she is used to a certain way of life and life in jamaica would be too difficult for her but trust me if I was on my own I would be gone in a second .
It is completely unfair that our lives must be put on hold for a bunch of people who do not know us to dictate how and when we can be reunited with the people who we love. I can honestly say I am sick and tired of people telling me that I choose this life so I have to live with it …. I did not choose to fall in love with someone from another country trust me I fought it with all my heart and all my being against it ….but when something is meant to be it is just meant to be … and honestly to think that there is a chance that immigration may deny him from coming here or even question further if our relationship is genuine makes me sick to my stomach ….. ohh lord hear my cry and help me pass over this hill of burden ….
Please help me to stay strong and keep my faith until this journey comes to an successful end. I need my family with me lord ……
:'( :'( :'( :'(

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
daintygirl said:
morning everyone,

Congrats to those who have received updates from CIC and happy belated birthday to Jamgirl cute little one. I hope CIC will send on more updates this week even though we have holidays coming up. I have so busy for the past few days trying to finalize my travel plans for canada. Would like some information on booking my flight and how soon can i book would like to fly on the 2nd week in sept.
Depending on where you're flying to, you have a number of options in Caribbean Airlines, Air Canada and Westjet. Check out their various websites. You should have no issues booking one-way tickets, we had none with Air Canada, but they did require that I preregister my passport information.

You can fly as soon as you have that visa in your passport! :)

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
CharlieD10 said:
Depending on where you're flying to, you have a number of options in Caribbean Airlines, Air Canada and Westjet. Check out their various websites. You should have no issues booking one-way tickets, we had none with Air Canada, but they did require that I preregister my passport information.

You can fly as soon as you have that visa in your passport! :)
I think i will use wesjet as their prices not so high for sept. I am going to winnipeg manitoba from kingston, what i would like to know can i book now, and would they hold the space until that time

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
daintygirl said:
I think i will use wesjet as their prices not so high for sept. I am going to winnipeg manitoba from kingston, what i would like to know can i book now, and would they hold the space until that time
Confirmation of the booking would only be done with payment. Until then, you wouldn't have a reservation and they would sell the seat to someone else willing to pay right away.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
ceeallen said:
Ready, i totally feel you on that one girl..I feel the same way almost everyday..but just keep the faith, your time is coming, and it'll be here even quicker than you thought it would. Just look at it like this....You only have a couple months of waiting, and after hubby gets that visa, yearsss of happiness and togetherness mama. What are a couple months, to years??...NOTHING. Hun..One day (in the near future) our other halves will be with us, and this whole immigration process will be memories..All the tears shed, will all eventually be turned into laughter. Gods' timing is right...everything he does is for a reason, so our job is to trust in him and wait on him. He didnt bring us this far to leave us now..and he said anyone that ask him to do something, he's going to do it, just have FAITH. Everything will work out in due time, but for now, we gotta keep doing what we doing, which is praising him for the unseen victory because he's coming through for us!!!
thanks hon i wish for a speedy journey for all of us this is such a test of faith and God knows i have it but it is diffiuclt to deal with just the same .... i am soo tired of crying and feeling sad and lonley ...and to make things worst i have sooo much haters trying to break me and encourage me to give up and forgett about him...but how can you give up on someone who your heart calls out to everymoment of the day how can you give up on the person who God choose for you... how can you give up on one of the only people who can bring a smile to your face with just a thought of them .... Dear Lord this is sooooo hard .....i think i need to take a trip and go home ...whats the point of making money if you are not spending it on things that make you happy .... i have sacrficed for so many things so sacrfice and taking a trip to be with the ones i love should be no sacrifcie at all..... guess i will be scounting for a ticket for a long weekend get away again ....Lord help me get through this

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
CharlieD10 said:
Confirmation of the booking would only be done with payment. Until then, you wouldn't have a reservation and they would sell the seat to someone else willing to pay right away.
Thanks a million charlieD, will book when my visa arrive

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
ready_fi_move_on said:
thanks hon i wish for a speedy journey for all of us this is such a test of faith and God knows i have it but it is diffiuclt to deal with just the same .... i am soo tired of crying and feeling sad and lonley ...and to make things worst i have sooo much haters trying to break me and encourage me to give up and forgett about him...but how can you give up on someone who your heart calls out to everymoment of the day how can you give up on the person who God choose for you... how can you give up on one of the only people who can bring a smile to your face with just a thought of them .... Dear Lord this is sooooo hard .....i think i need to take a trip and go home ...whats the point of making money if you are not spending it on things that make you happy .... i have sacrficed for so many things so sacrfice and taking a trip to be with the ones i love should be no sacrifcie at all..... guess i will be scounting for a ticket for a long weekend get away again ....Lord help me get through this

u go girl!! i could so do this long weekend too!!! ....but realistically be best to wait till next long weekend. I aint waiting any longer than our anniversary though - that is 100 fo sho.

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Congrats Cee on your AOR whhot whoot :)

Ready & Anada. Hang in there girls things will get better just put your trust in the man above and he'll give you the strength you need to get through this tough time. I pray you all get some good news soon..

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Anada said:
u go girl!! i could so do this long weekend too!!! ....but realistically be best to wait till next long weekend. I aint waiting any longer than our anniversary though - that is 100 fo sho.
this long weekend is too close for me but definatly looking into things for labour day weekend
i tell you i feel soo lost with my man and my little girl .....

thanks for your kind words Jamaicasgirl
when are you leaving to pick up your daughter?

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
I am so ready to leave this place and start anew! All in God's time though.. He will give each of us the strength we need to overcome this painful experience.. The best is yet to come! One step closer to reuniting with your families, one step closer to my family moving..

Faith will set you free!

Congrats to all those who received any updates!

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
Hello Everyone! This is my first time on this forum and I can't even begin to express how happy I am to be where there are so many others going through the same process, thoughts and feelings as me. Man alive! This process is like a whirlwind and the waiting is crazy!

I'm curious to know if there's anyone here currently waiting for their process to finish. I'm in Canada and my husband is in Jamaica. We filed December 28, 2011, then we got a medical request at the end of February and we sent in on March 14, 2012. We then got a letter on March 25, 2012 from the Case Processing Centre stating that I've met the requirements for sponsorship and my husband's permanent residence app was being forwarded to Kingston, Jamaica for further process. I heard nothing more until I emailed the Kingston visa office 3 weeks (early july 2012) ago regarding the status of his application because we didn't receive any receipt confirmation or nothing. I got a very quick response telling me that they have received my husbands app. and it is "in process". I've never dislike these two words as I do now. What does "In Process" mean??? ::) ....and we continue to wait.

Anyhow, maybe we're just a bit too anxious but I'm desperate for my hubby to get here so we can start our life together and sometimes it feels like immigration just doesn't give a damn. I'm glad I found this forum to talk and share my experiences on this topic.

If anyone here is currently waiting please share with me how it's going for you. Any tips or things I can do to maybe light a fire under someone's butt in the Kingston, Jamaica office.

By the way....how do I add my application stats to the left of the screen like most of you have done? Thanks!!!

Faithfully Waiting

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
FaithfullyWaiting said:
Hello Everyone! This is my first time on this forum and I can't even begin to express how happy I am to be where there are so many others going through the same process, thoughts and feelings as me. Man alive! This process is like a whirlwind and the waiting is crazy!

I'm curious to know if there's anyone here currently waiting for their process to finish. I'm in Canada and my husband is in Jamaica. We filed December 28, 2011, then we got a medical request at the end of February and we sent in on March 14, 2012. We then got a letter on March 25, 2012 from the Case Processing Centre stating that I've met the requirements for sponsorship and my husband's permanent residence app was being forwarded to Kingston, Jamaica for further process. I heard nothing more until I emailed the Kingston visa office 3 weeks (early july 2012) ago regarding the status of his application because we didn't receive any receipt confirmation or nothing. I got a very quick response telling me that they have received my husbands app. and it is "in process". I've never dislike these two words as I do now. What does "In Process" mean??? ::) ....and we continue to wait.

Anyhow, maybe we're just a bit too anxious but I'm desperate for my hubby to get here so we can start our life together and sometimes it feels like immigration just doesn't give a damn. I'm glad I found this forum to talk and share my experiences on this topic.

If anyone here is currently waiting please share with me how it's going for you. Any tips or things I can do to maybe light a fire under someone's butt in the Kingston, Jamaica office.

By the way....how do I add my application stats to the left of the screen like most of you have done? Thanks!!!

Faithfully Waiting
Welcome! You will make many new friends here who are in the same boat as you! Your process may be almost finish but they vary rarely update ecas. As for your stats, once you make 10 posts you can update your status to fill in your journey.

Welcomes again!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Welcome, Faithfully Waiting. Yes, you are in familiar company here, so stick and stay!

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to light a fire under KG, they work entirely to their own schedule and you are done when they are good and done. If your file was transferred more than 6 months ago, may I suggest you go ahead and order the file notes? They can give you an idea of any thoughts the IO processing your file has had on it and reassure you that all is going according to the best hopes. :)

Our resident updater, Jamgirl, will add your information to our listing.