waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
FaithfullyWaiting said:
Thank you Halfmoon! So happy to be here talking to others who speak the same language in terms of dealing with this whole process. What an adventure! Okay, so I was beginning to wonder if "in process" included the possibility that our application just might be sitting in a room under a pile of other applications. But you're saying you feel that it highly likely that someone has actually started to look at it. This is very encouraging for sure. Actually I initially felt that way when I first got the email from KG, however I started to wonder...why so long? I guess I`m having a hard time understanding why it can take months if someone is actually working on it. The anxiousness of waiting for a sign...any sign that something is happening is weighing heavily on me now.

Well thank you so much for your well wishes! Has your process been going smoothly for you? Is it going as quickly as you`d hoped?
In process means your application is actually being worked on. There are so many factors that can affect how quickly it gets approved and everyone's situation is different. I believe most of the time spent on their end is verifying and ensuring the completeness of all the forms, documents, criminal background including any foreign places your hubby may have traveled and stayed longer than a period of 6 months.

My application was submitted on March 20th and only received sponsor approval towards end of June (lengthy first round for us) and it got forwarded to KG same time. I haven't heard much more since then and my status just shows that application and medical results have been received. I'd love to email them to find out current status however I don't want to slow down our process as I hear inquiries create more work for an office with a very scaled number of staff. :(

I hope you get some really good news soon and hope the notes requested will provide you with even more positive news as to where your application stands.

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
Halfmoon said:
Now don't get it confused girls, we have have our moments of heat which sometimes I actually look forward to in a weird way. We spat, kick and brawl it out, I tell him where to go and he get's silent (why do men always get silent in a disagreement) and then I tell him I have better things to do then hear him breathe and then sometimes a day goes by then RRRRRRing, I may or may not answer right away but when I do, I see he's rebooted and adjusted his thoughts and himself and appreciates me more and vice versa...I in turn find joy in my heart that we're even stronger and closer than before.
This is so true. Whenever my husband and I are having a disagreement deep down I`m grateful because I know that whatever is happening at the moment will serve to strengthen our relationship, our commitment and our faith. It always happens! Most of the time I look for the benefits of this distance and long wait to be together and try to focus on them. I really believe that this experience together with my husband is shaping and molding us in ways that only this type of experience can. For one thing, because most of our communication is via phone, or internet we`ve really developed our ability to listen to each other and share our thoughts and feelings. The patience that we`ll need to make it through a life time of marriage is being developed and tested... god knows I never would have believed I could do this long distance thing, but here we are doing it and each day, although it can get really tough, my love is strengthened and determination...fierce.

I would say that one of the hardest things that I experience is the constant questions from friends and family. When is he coming? Did you hear anything yet? How long do you think it will be? Why is it taking so long? So and so`s husband already came up, what`s going on with yours? I have no answers and no matter how many times I tell them that as soon as I know I will tell them, they persist in asking. I dunno...maybe I`m just extremely sensitive about it but it just reminds me that my husband is still not here and I start getting feelings of insecurity about whether it`s going to happen.

Ahh boy...God is good...he sure is. And he knows what`s best...

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
Halfmoon said:
In process means your application is actually being worked on. There are so many factors that can affect how quickly it gets approved and everyone's situation is different. I believe most of the time spent on their end is verifying and ensuring the completeness of all the forms, documents, criminal background including any foreign places your hubby may have traveled and stayed longer than a period of 6 months.

My application was submitted on March 20th and only received sponsor approval towards end of June (lengthy first round for us) and it got forwarded to KG same time. I haven't heard much more since then and my status just shows that application and medical results have been received. I'd love to email them to find out current status however I don't want to slow down our process as I hear inquiries create more work for an office with a very scaled number of staff. :(

I hope you get some really good news soon and hope the notes requested will provide you with even more positive news as to where your application stands.

You have brightened my night! lol...since I`ve joined this site just a few short hours ago I`ve be feeling more and more hopeful and positive.

It seems that the online status updates are not very consistent. KG wrote me saying that his app is in process however the sponsor status says ``Descision made`and my husbands status says ``application received`. I guess it`s not as accurate as it should be. Good to know.

I wish you the same! Best of luck to you and your husband during this process. Your notes helped me tremendously. I feel good.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
OMG BEST STORY EVER........

So I had a patient today who told me she has been married to her husband for 50 years! I asked her what their secret is.. after telling me that communication is the key and to plan out all big purchases, she shared with me, in a whisper................

.............. "if you know a fight is brewing and there is going to be a big argument, fight naked! The argument won't last long that way"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL BEST ADVICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Jamgirl said:

So I had a patient today who told me she has been married to her husband for 50 years! I asked her what their secret is.. after telling me that communication is the key and to plan out all big purchases, she shared with me, in a whisper................

.............. "if you know a fight is brewing and there is going to be a big argument, fight naked! The argument won't last long that way"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words to live by JG. I'm back everyone. Great week-end in JA, miss hubby so much already. I'll have to catch up on all the action while i was gone, have a great day everyone and I'm praying for some news for us all this week. :p

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
welcome home FLK.... although I know it does not feel like home without your hubby here to share with you ..but in time it will once this monster of process is over...

ohhh where are my manners
Good Morning Forum family
had a talk with God last night more in detail one than usually prayed harder than I have in years for this feeling of utter lost to leave me and for progress in our files .... I went to sleep and had a dream that I was celebrating my step daughters birthday with my little family here ...ohhh I hope its a sign that things will soon be over and not wishful thinking her birthday is in September please God let this all be over soon ......

Good luck to everyone today is a full work day for kgn ...make things happen and send our families home to us
:) :) :)

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
ready_fi_move_on said:
welcome home FLK.... although I know it does not feel like home without your hubby here to share with you ..but in time it will once this monster of process is over...

ohhh where are my manners
Good Morning Forum family
had a talk with God last night more in detail one than usually prayed harder than I have in years for this feeling of utter lost to leave me and for progress in our files .... I went to sleep and had a dream that I was celebrating my step daughters birthday with my little family here ...ohhh I hope its a sign that things will soon be over and not wishful thinking her birthday is in September please God let this all be over soon ......

Good luck to everyone today is a full work day for kgn ...make things happen and send our families home to us
:) :) :)
RFMO, thanks so much. As usual, Jamaica nice nuh raas! What does that mean anyway, I hope I didn't swear :p Was it you and I that were supposed to get together??

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Halfmoon said:
Which is one their focuses based on the report. They really emphasize the CAIPS notes however those would have to be ordered and of course comes with a small fee. That's truly the only way to know though they also spoke on timely updates and even did a testing of 50 files which all seemed to meet the standards? That must have been a fluke because we all know it's hit or miss when it comes to updates from what I've read in this forum. I'm just surprised with all the revenues generated that they only have 23 full time staff members for an office that serves several regions.
23 staff, but only 5 of them are working on permanent residence applications, and they are serving what is 4 COUNTRIES! It's no wonder we have to wait so long. I've been not so patiently waiting since last year :'(

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
firstladyking said:
RFMO, thanks so much. As usual, Jamaica nice nuh raas! What does that mean anyway, I hope I didn't swear :p Was it you and I that were supposed to get together??

yes it is me .... inbox me whenever you are ready i am around we can plan something
who knows maybe some of the other ladies in the area would like to join us

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
Jamgirl said:

A great one! I'm gonna tuck this in my back pocket for when my hubby arrives. I love it!

HAPPY TUESDAY everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day today.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
ready_fi_move_on said:
yes it is me .... inbox me whenever you are ready i am around we can plan something
who knows maybe some of the other ladies in the area would like to join us
That would be so much fun if some of the other ladies join us.

Calling al Torontonians, and those in the GTR, if you wouild like to join RFMO and I on a night out, I'm thinking we should go the Sopra Lounge, please let us know. It's a very romantic spot for you all when your hubbies get here as well.

http://www.sopra.ca/home.php

Tell me what you think RFMO, and we can pin down a date.

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
ready_fi_move_on said:
this long weekend is too close for me but definatly looking into things for labour day weekend
i tell you i feel soo lost with my man and my little girl .....

thanks for your kind words Jamaicasgirl
when are you leaving to pick up your daughter?
Anytime girl. We are flying out Aug 17th tp pick her up and finally bring her home with us. Sooo excited, I'm counting down the days ;D

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
firstladyking said:
That would be so much fun if some of the other ladies join us.

Calling al Torontonians, and those in the GTR, if you wouild like to join RFMO and I on a night out, I'm thinking we should go the Sopra Lounge, please let us know. It's a very romantic spot for you all when your hubbies get here as well.

http://www.sopra.ca/home.php

Tell me what you think RFMO, and we can pin down a date.
I'm interested!!!

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
ceeallen said:
Best advice! and very real! I love that...Wen hubby n I live 2gether, i'm def. trying that everytime hahhaha..

Welcome back FLK we all missed you, but we hope your vaca with hubby was well spent and you're feel refreshed and rejuvenated!!!
Thanks Ceeallen, and I missed my forum family too. Hubby and I are looking at reconnecting next month after the independence day overpricing dwindles off. :p My issue is I never have enough vacation time so we end up getting together for long week-ends every 6-8 weeks. We know how fortunate we are to see each other as often as we do and we continue to thank God for giving us at least that.

Anada, I hear your frustrations, and you're absolutely right about it all coming down to money, but I want to encourage you to steer the course. I remember falling in love with my husband, he came here to be with me for 6 months in 2010 before we got married and every day we regret that he didn't just stay and we gotten married while he was here, then we would not have to be apart, but we were trying to do the right thing. All of our love could never prepare us for this agonizing wait, but what has sustained us is that same love for each other. The commitment we have toward each other is so great, that in all the relationships I've had here in Canada that were local I never felt more secure than how I feel right now with my husband. I hope that the love you both have will provide you the wisdom you need to make the right decision for you and hubby. Jamaica is not an easy place to live, and the pressure of being in a country where jobs are limited and at times concerned with crime can put a totally different stress on your relationship all together, but only you and hubby can make the right decisions for you. I wish you all the luck and will be praying for you that you heart will be comforted and God will show you the way.

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
Anada said:
why do i now have this feeling that my application will be returned....

imo long as your file was transferred, you're more or less in the clear no?

Question: when they look over your information as sponsor from CIC, do they even take the time to look at the 2nd part of the step which is your s/0 approval process, and info.

or does the first step on concern themslves with the sponsor?
To shed some more light on this....when I initially sent in our applications to the case processing centre it was returned to me because my husband's medical wasn't done. For some reason we had this belief that the medical would be requested once his app got to KG. Nevertheless we did it and returned our applications to a specific IO. Then we got a letter just over a week later stating that we've met the requirements and my husbands app is being transfered to Kingston. So it seems as though they do look through the PR app as well when they are doing the sponsor's assessment otherwise they wouldn't have seen that we didn't submit his medical because it would have been packaged with his application. From what I've read on their website, when the applications are received at the CIC it is checked for completeness before it is transfered out. I could be wrong but that's what they've written and that has been my experience. I'm told that in KG the process is about verifying the documents and the applicant's background. Oh and the sincereity of the marriage I think.
Hope this helps!!!