Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
maty_1319 said:
OMG you are lucky! Hubby goes nuts and comes home saying "$27 for a haircut and shave - what is this all about!!" I laugh.

Do you guys have a Jamaican festival/Carnival of sorts in Montreal? I want to surprise him with some type of trip this summer to a place that actually has some type of Jamaican festival but so far I can only find the Toronto Carnivale website/event. Montreal would be closer for us and we could actually meet up! And my hubby knows Cafelatte's hubby from when they were kids so that could be fun!! Let me know if you have anything in the area that may be fun for us to attend.
Yes we have a jump up on July 4th named Carifiesta. + the same day it is Jamaica day at Jean-Drapeau Park. So usually we go downtown for the carnaval in the morning and in the afternoon going to Jean Drapeau parc where there are perfomances, shops and caribbean foods to celebrate Jamaica. And we have International Montréal Reggae Fest on August 14-15-16 http://montrealinternationalreggaefestival.com/ So if you guys come up, let us know ! Me and Cafe live 5 minutes away from each other ! :D Brap brap this gonna be a nice summer ! :D

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I read all these stories and see the success it makes me so happy :) I don't have any hopes for mine and my husband's application after I sent it in Feb and they can't find it.. I can't eat, I've been crying, I can't sleep , I've been in contact with my mp too help me find it.. this is a living nightmare I can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel .. I miss my husband so bad and for this too happen it makes it even worse.. I hope I have some light soon .. but it's hard after all this happening too me.. I pray so much... I'm hoping for a miracle and what's worse is my husband is all alone and calls me all the time saying he misses and loves me so much...and my kids miss him so much too...

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
suzanne2014 said:
I read all these stories and see the success it makes me so happy :) I don't have any hopes for mine and my husband's application after I sent it in Feb and they can't find it.. I can't eat, I've been crying, I can't sleep , I've been in contact with my mp too help me find it.. this is a living nightmare I can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel .. I miss my husband so bad and for this too happen it makes it even worse.. I hope I have some light soon .. but it's hard after all this happening too me.. I pray so much... I'm hoping for a miracle and what's worse is my husband is all alone and calls me all the time saying he misses and loves me so much...and my kids miss him so much too...
I totally understand how you feel. I've been pretty down lately and very frustrated. I have to keep asking myself if this is all worth it, and it is, but Lord, Im telling you this is stressful. The waiting is the worst part. I check ECAS everyday and nothing. No news. Nothing. They havent even updated to say medicals received, even though I know they were delivered awhile ago. Its getting to be a little too much at times. Im taking it out on my husband, even though its not his fault that hes not here. But, still, hes not here. I have the kids that I have to do everything for while hes in Jamaica. Its so not fair, and everyday feels like months. I cry, I get mad, I just feel like giving up sometimes. This is just awful. Like if they got back to me and said ok, wait another 5, 10, 15 months that would be better than not knowing when something will happen. My husband missed the birth of both our sons, missed our infants two surgeries, missing birthdays, holidays.... im sure you all know how that feels. Its just hard.

Sunkissed814

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
MelJam said:
YAYYYY Oh yes yes !! And since his passport is in Kingston, it should not takes too long to come back !! Start stalking DHL ! Theres even an application for phone !! Well I guess you used DHL and you have a phone ! lolol Congrats on this decision and be ready to book a flight, hubby is coming home girl!

So the husband got a call from the Kingston embassy this morning and they told him they are sending him his passport, his paperwork and part of the application and supporting documents back. I was so glad that we got the phone call. Mel we actually use the local courier Tara, because my husband was in such a hurry to send the passport he couldn't find where they move the DHL office in Portland. Ha ha ha I was a little bit worried about using today but obviously it worked out okay. They're just not as advanced with their tracking programs! And yes we have phones lol!!! I can home from work at noon because I just could not stop crying! Emotions running high!

5 months and two weeks! From start to finish, a far cry from the 62 days and up to 25 months! I drove myself crazy with worry, during the entire time! I hope our story gives other couples hope and faith that things are moving quicker than expected! I wish I had been on this forum months ago, all the wonderful stories people have shared decreased my anxiety a bit and gave me hope! I hope now I can do that for others!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Sunkissed814 said:
So the husband got a call from the Kingston embassy this morning and they told him they are sending him his passport, his paperwork and part of the application and supporting documents back. I was so glad that we got the phone call. Mel we actually use the local courier Tara, because my husband was in such a hurry to send the passport he couldn't find where they move the DHL office in Portland. Ha ha ha I was a little bit worried about using today but obviously it worked out okay. They're just not as advanced with their tracking programs! And yes we have phones lol!!! I can home from work at noon because I just could not stop crying! Emotions running high!

5 months and two weeks! From start to finish, a far cry from the 62 days and up to 25 months! I drove myself crazy with worry, during the entire time! I hope our story gives other couples hope and faith that things are moving quicker than expected! I wish I had been on this forum months ago, all the wonderful stories people have shared decreased my anxiety a bit and gave me hope! I hope now I can do that for others!
Thats amazing. Awesome.

Sunkissed814

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
shortyp2000 said:
Thats amazing. Awesome.
You are right behind me shorty!! It just a matter of a bit more time! Hold the faith! I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like if we had children. I'm glad you have them there to keep you company. I am sure that they light up your life and you see your husband in their faces everyday! I keep looking at the spreadsheet and it is amazing how fast they are going to the applications right now. Mel has done a great job of keeping it up-to-date. Looking at it has made me feel more relaxed than even looking at my ECAS!

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
When they ask for a pc where do you send it? And do we need to do a canadian police check? Or does the embassy do there own checks? and do you send it by courier or how? Thanks and glad too see the good news everyone I'm jumping for joy for all sucessful applications...

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Sunkissed814 said:
You are right behind me shorty!! It just a matter of a bit more time! Hold the faith! I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like if we had children. I'm glad you have them there to keep you company. I am sure that they light up your life and you see your husband in their faces everyday! I keep looking at the spreadsheet and it is amazing how fast they are going to the applications right now. Mel has done a great job of keeping it up-to-date. Looking at it has made me feel more relaxed than even looking at my ECAS!
Aww thanks, yes im glad they are here, cant imagine what hubby feels being alone without us. He tells me everyday how much it sucks, but I cant imagine how being able to sleep in on his days off sucks lmao.... and I do the same thing, I check out the database often just to make sure its still going good, awesome job MelJam!

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Hey guys, I logged in to my ecas this morning and it says decision made for the sponsorship stage of our application! :D I know I still have a long way to go but I'm pretty excited, as I was nervous about having sent in an outdated form and was worried they would return my package lol.

Stage one down, and now the real wait begins LOL!! :)

Sunkissed814

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
MrsMcLaughlin said:
Hey guys, I logged in to my ecas this morning and it says decision made for the sponsorship stage of our application! :D I know I still have a long way to go but I'm pretty excited, as I was nervous about having sent in an outdated form and was worried they would return my package lol.

Stage one down, and now the real wait begins LOL!! :)

Congrats! Happy to hear your news that's great! I received my sponsorship approvals on February 24 and my application began being processed in Kingston on March 26 and my husband have a decision made by April 24.
I hope that his inspiration but the real wait may not be as long as you expect! Again I'm happy for you and that is great news. I constantly worried that my husband's PC wasn't signed, and they never even asked him to come in and sign it.

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Sunkissed814 said:
Congrats! Happy to hear your news that's great! I received my sponsorship approvals on February 24 and my application began being processed in Kingston on March 26 and my husband have a decision made by April 24.
I hope that his inspiration but the real wait may not be as long as you expect! Again I'm happy for you and that is great news. I constantly worried that my husband's PC wasn't signed, and they never even asked him to come in and sign it.
Thank you!! :) That's amazing how fast everything went through for you, I can only hope and pray that ours goes through that quickly. Congratulations on being done with this process!! :D

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
@ Sunkissed814 congrats...............i did my medical this week i got a little note saying i must make two copy of the receipts send one to my wife and Kingston my question is how soon should i send it to Kingston like how i don't send my application to my wife yet?

CBLEKKEN

Apr 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hello everyone! Happy to read about all the progress and good news so far.

I was looking at the spreadsheet. It's a wonderful way to see what is going on and how long the processes are taking. I was disappointed to see the online processing time for family class from Jamaica is 25 months! However, it seems alot of people are getting through faster, from what I see here.

Would anyone say the process is the same or slower when there are dependent children in addition to the principal applicant?

Thank you.