+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Mel2017 did you have to put in their identity cards and birth certificates as well?
For my family? no I didn't. It didn't ask for my siblings birth certificate and identity card. However if your spouse has kids, I think you have to include their birth certificate. My husband has one child (he is the sponsor) she is Canadian. My husband and I have one child together, he was born in Jamaica but at the time we were doing the application, my husband had done a proof of citizenship for him and he was approved. I didn't need to include his birth certificate because the info state that if the child is Canadian then we didn't need to, but I did any way :D.

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Good morning everyone! For those that have applications and are linked to mycic account, what does the part about additional documents say? Mine is stuck on we need more additional documents. We will send you a message with more details. Its been that way for more than a month. All documents are sent. Checked emails and junk box nothing. Think its an error.

I hope we all hear something soon from KVO!
Did you check inside the submitted application? I assume the same section where you would have uploaded the Schedule A?
If you login to the account, and scroll down to the heading View Submitted Applications or Profiles then click on Check status and messages, scroll to the bottom of the page, the click View Submitted Application, is there anything there?

That's where our requested documents were listed... although, under his application status it has always said "We do not need additional documents".... :(

This process can be so confusing.

Reactions: Belle Ginou

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Did you check inside the submitted application? I assume the same section where you would have uploaded the Schedule A?
If you login to the account, and scroll down to the heading View Submitted Applications or Profiles then click on Check status and messages, scroll to the bottom of the page, the click View Submitted Application, is there anything there?

That's where our requested documents were listed... although, under his application status it has always said "We do not need additional documents".... :(

This process can be so confusing.
It definitely is confusing. That Schedule A so annoying think he sent it over four times. Then we thought they wanted updated form in June 2017 so we did that. What held us up is the electronic signature in webform/mycic when they wanted hand signature. Sent the hand signature schedule A in mail in April and it seems that they never received it. There is a msg dated may 25 for schedule A that he upload in mycic acc, the day after. Then in end of june that msg came up. Ive also seen ppl have this msg too when cic has everything.

I feel that everything should still be upfront like putting schedule A and pcc in application. Lots of unnecessary delays:confused:

Reactions: adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
It definitely is confusing. That Schedule A so annoying think he sent it over four times. Then we thought they wanted updated form in June 2017 so we did that. What held us up is the electronic signature in webform/mycic when they wanted hand signature. Sent the hand signature schedule A in mail in April and it seems that they never received it. There is a msg dated may 25 for schedule A that he upload in mycic acc, the day after. Then in end of june that msg came up. Ive also seen ppl have this msg too when cic has everything.

I feel that everything should still be upfront like putting schedule A and pcc in application. Lots of unnecessary delays:confused:
I know a few people in the same situation with the schedule A fiasco. It's probably almost as much of a headache for all the CIC agents as well. I agree, this form especially should just be made to be included with the app upfront- most especially if it can't be uploaded online and original signature is required. So much unnecessary stress and time spent.

nemrac1466

Aug 19, 2017
I know a few people in the same situation with the schedule A fiasco. It's probably almost as much of a headache for all the CIC agents as well. I agree, this form especially should just be made to be included with the app upfront- most especially if it can't be uploaded online and original signature is required. So much unnecessary stress and time spent.
Yeah because I didn't have my account linked I needed his original signature.,. Thank goodness I was informed to redo the schedule A 4 days before I went to Jamaica to visit hubby ...

Reactions: Belle Ginou

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Yeah! August is almost over! Was it ever slow. Im excited to hear anything from KVO.

LestinWify

Jun 15, 2017
I ordered my gcms notes... and We went into process May 8 2017 in kingston and it says that they havent started eligibility, Security nor criminality. We only passed medicals.. so depressing.

nemrac1466

Aug 19, 2017
and haven't received interview yet or message saying they started the backgroung????:(o_O
No interview. But we included police check with application as well as his medical. I can see throughout the posts you are very eager for your husband to be here as we all are but you have to remember that the average wait time for the past 3 years to get the PR is 9-12 months, which is the promise of the new immigration minister as of December. If you applied in April tell yourself Jan-March as long as everything goes smooth, trust me people around me got my hopes up saying 4-6 months but I'm being realistic and saying Christmas or his birthday in February (I hope he doesn't miss my birthday in January as well as our anniversary :( ) being realistic just helps calm the nerves

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I ordered my gcms notes... and We went into process May 8 2017 in kingston and it says that they havent started eligibility, Security nor criminality. We only passed medicals.. so depressing.

Thats the long queue of applications. I am waiting for husband notes. How long did it take to receive the notes? I feel for you. It probably says reviewing eligibility in mycic acct. That would be frustrating.

Reactions: adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
We just received word that the RCMP record arrived at the office of the 3rd party we used. I was just saying this morning... that our interview was originally scheduled to be this coming Tuesday, but it was a hidden blessing that it was rescheduled, seeing how we didn't have the fingerprints. Now I'm ever more grateful! :) I hope and pray this is just the start to a long list of good news updates for September and beyond for everyone here. Keep the faith!

Mariooo

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
hey guys any body know how long does it take to pass the security checks? and when do they start security scan? after interview? or before?