+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Just as a heads-up, once we were emailed an interview invitation, we were also required to upload documents online through his account with a 2 month deadline. We had no clue these documents were required until we logged in. There was no email sent, and no mention of them in the interview invite, it merely appeared online through his account.

I know this has happened as well to a few other people after their interview invite...
can you let us know which documents they asked for?

Reactions: adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
can you let us know which documents they asked for?
For us, we were required to upload a copy of my husbands FBI and RCMP Fingerprint Records, a copy of my husbands passport, a passport sized photo and a copy of his birth certificate. This information was added to his online account on May 3rd, and we had until July 1st to comply. It's been different for everyone though, I know someone who was asked for proof of relationship and a copy of their wedding certificate.

Reactions: JamaicanSnowflake

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
How long does it take to get the medicals received and approved? Our file has been sent to Kingston and still no confirmation email.
It didn't take very long... I can't remember exactly how long it was. Have you checked your ECAS? That was the place it was first mentioned that they had been received. Then a few days later they showed as "passed" on the CIC account.

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Thanks adt83
Most of that we have already supplied but who knows maybe they will want it again, we are at their mercy. They have had our file in Kingston since July 11th hoping by end of September to hear something.
I'm looking forward to your interview date nearly as much as you I'm sure :D:p

Our Medical was sooooo quick it was like medical done the Tuesday and by next Thusrday CIC was updated to received and following Tuesday passed

If only it was all quick :D:D:D

Reactions: rowbabe and adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Thanks adt83
Most of that we have already supplied but who knows maybe they will want it again, we are at their mercy. They have had our file in Kingston since July 11th hoping by end of September to hear something.
I'm looking forward to your interview date nearly as much as you I'm sure :D:p

Our Medical was sooooo quick it was like medical done the Tuesday and by next Thusrday CIC was updated to received and following Tuesday passed

If only it was all quick :D:D:D
Right?! :D In this digital day in age, you'd think it could be all just as quick...

I'm not sure what their reasoning is with having us upload all those docs... we also supplied all of them with our application, and also have been asked to bring all the originals to the interview.

I'm confident that you will hear something very soon! <3 I have a feeling there will be many updates here in the coming weeks.

We're getting overly excited for the interview, I'm leaving for Jamaica in 3 weeks and am just willing time to pass fast right now. :D

Our only concern is that we are still waiting on the RCMP report- and we are praying so hard that it arrives in time for the interview. My worst fear is to be without it, and give reason for Kingston to delay issuing a visa. From what I've read around here, the last thing we want is to walk out that door without a visa and just more waiting....

Reactions: JamaicanSnowflake

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
I already sent them an email last friday. how long does it take for them regularly to respond to emails?
Usually 1-2 days... I'm sure you'll here back soon. They're actually quite good at replying to inquiries, in my opinion.

Reactions: Mariooo

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
yes hopefully. im not applying for family sponsorship, im applying for permanent residency in another way. i just wrote here because i didnt see any other topic about Canadian embassy in Kingston.
almost more than a month ago they sent me a list of documents which i need to prepare for them whenever they come for interview. and i have no idea when they are planing to come.
can you please tell me how does processes go in Canadian embassy in kingston? is it fast? or not too much fast? and i guess i had my email from ms. Sonjia Griffiths, so i think i will have this interview with her. can you tell me does she regularly accept cases or reject them? im just very worried. thank you

I'm sorry- I wish I could you more advice. I don't know that any of us can speak on any of the visa officers. I think it's fair to say that they regularly accept cases, and only reject if they have very good reason to.

KVO typically seems to be better than some when it comes to processing, however it does seem that they have slowed down over the past few months. We all hope that it is just due to it being summer, and that things will pick up again in the next month. I'm sure if you heard from them a month ago, you will hear back soon. Have you been checking your online account to see if anything had been sent or updated on there?

Mariooo

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
I'm sorry- I wish I could you more advice. I don't know that any of us can speak on any of the visa officers. I think it's fair to say that they regularly accept cases, and only reject if they have very good reason to.

KVO typically seems to be better than some when it comes to processing, however it does seem that they have slowed down over the past few months. We all hope that it is just due to it being summer, and that things will pick up again in the next month. I'm sure if you heard from them a month ago, you will hear back soon. Have you been checking your online account to see if anything had been sent or updated on there?
yes i checked it every day. and it writes there they have been received application on april. they started application on july. and thats it. it writes in process.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
It didn't take very long... I can't remember exactly how long it was. Have you checked your ECAS? That was the place it was first mentioned that they had been received. Then a few days later they showed as "passed" on the CIC account.
Our ECAS for the medicals doesn't show that it was received or passed. Hubby got an email from Kingston today stating that the medical that he was told to mail to them have been received to their office and our application is in review. I guess our ECAS should update soon.

Last edited:

Newbie101

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
AOR Received.
06/11/17
File Transfer...
19/03/2018
Med's Request
07/03/2018
Med's Done....
14/03/2018
Hi there, what's the closest has anyone ever gotten PPR to the medical expiry date?

nemrac1466

Aug 19, 2017
Just as a heads-up, once we were emailed an interview invitation, we were also required to upload documents online through his account with a 2 month deadline. We had no clue these documents were required until we logged in. There was no email sent, and no mention of them in the interview invite, it merely appeared online through his account.

I know this has happened as well to a few other people after their interview invite...
So wait ... you had already linked your account and then on a later date logged on and you found out about the files? I know that this linking cannot be a must because it never said that in the email regarding this... it simply said that our wait time may be slightly longer as emailing takes time versus the profile. I literally tried probably 50 times. I'm not too worried because we sent the police check and medical with the application saving us time... even out with time most likely. I believe that because I filled out a majority of our paperwork by hand and had no bar code printed (meaning our documents werent verified and saved in the PDF) it probably is the reason why we haven't been able to link. Even when we were asked for the schedule A twice it was all through email and correspondence through mail.... don't worry meeeeee lol

Reactions: adt83

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Good Morning:

I'm trying to decipher everything that I need sent back from jamaica signed, am I on the right path and if I'm missing anything can someone tell me what I'm missing?

1. Generic Application;
2. Declaration;
3. Use of representative
4. Marriage certificate from the RGD.

Do I need the medical done now at the beginning? and should I send in the police report when the application initially gets sent in?

I also may need help on writing the letter or the history of our relationship. I'm not sure how much to put into this and what to say exactly.

Thank you
Lea-Ann
Hi Lea-Ann, is everything on track. Did you submit the forms yet or are you still gathering documents. I hope you are ok with the process.