- Biometrics appointment: July 31
- Biometrics completed:
- Background: In progress
-Eligibility:

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi Dan,

I am applying for a visitor visa for my brother-in-law from India. Can you please get me the documents you used for your case? Also, my brother-in-law is not in direct blood relation with my wife. Will it cause nay issues? Thanks
Sorry for late reply.
I stayed simple just normal doc whatever we had I attached. I haven’t heard anything yet regarding decision. How was yours? Have you received any updates

Qamar gujjar

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Whitehorse
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2022
see timeline in signature...

I don't know what is going with abu dhabi office for pakistani applicants

no PPR yet

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
see timeline in signature...

I don't know what is going with abu dhabi office for pakistani applicants

no PPR yet
They’re too slow
I submitted on June 6th
Still no update they haven’t even started eligibility process
Doesn’t look like they’re interested to working on TRV app

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Yes, it is advisable to mention in your invitation letter that your parents' visitor visa application was refused. This will show the visa officer that you are aware of the reasons for the refusal and that you have taken steps to address them.

By explaining the reasons for your parents' previous visa refusal and how you have addressed those reasons, you will be showing the visa officer that you are a reliable sponsor and that your parents are likely to return to their home country after their visit.

Here is an example of how you could mention your parents' previous visa refusal in your invitation letter:
I am writing to invite my parents, [parents' names], to visit me in Canada. They are applying for a visitor visa and I am their sponsor.
I am aware that their previous visitor visa application was refused on [date]. The reason for the refusal was [reason for refusal].
Since the refusal, I have taken steps to address the reasons for the refusal. For example, I have [explain how you have addressed the reasons for the refusal].
I am confident that my parents will return to their home country after their visit. They have strong ties to their home country, including [list of ties to home country].
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I hope this helps!
@Raptor33 @beeba-bacha @Naturgrl @canuck78 @BA101 @tommy_2k23

Thank You for all your help in my case!

My parents' applications have been approved and they received their PPRs yesterday, in 13 days after resubmission.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I got refusal for my siblings visitor’s visa on 16 July and today I got confirmation of some important documents which I sent through webform on 29 June have been added to the file but the case was already been closed after refusal and also I had asked for reconsideration through webform on 17 July.
Is there any chance that they will open file or reconsider it, please let me know your advice or if someone has gone through this situation before.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got refusal for my siblings visitor’s visa on 16 July and today I got confirmation of some important documents which I sent through webform on 29 June have been added to the file but the case was already been closed after refusal and also I had asked for reconsideration through webform on 17 July.
Is there any chance that they will open file or reconsider it, please let me know your advice or if someone has gone through this situation before.
Thank you.
They may or may not. You will not know until you get notification that file is reopened. Sister is better to reapply with complete documentation and not relying on webform to submit additional information.

Reactions: Rhny