+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I found mine pretty straightforward. But you have to read the questions carefully because it is multiple choice, so some choices may sound good at a glance. But once you read the question properly, you realize they are way off. Do practice tests and carefully review the Discover Canada booklet. I know that before I properly studied I still passed the practice tests. The practice tests are harder than the exam, so it will give you confidence.
That makes total sense. I will keep this advice in mind and try not to rush the process.

noob94

Sep 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
Hello Guys, I got an update , my LPP was completed on 27 Sept after 12 Sept test completion.
If I get Oath invite soon, I would have to reschedule oath, I'm travelling to India mid Nov. India has stopping issuing visa , so would need Indian passport for travelling. how long does it take after LPP to get oath usually? Please advise. Thanks.

ish2110

Apr 5, 2019
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Niagra
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
Nomination.....
31-10-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Passport Req..
24-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
LANDED..........
19-09-2019
Type: Online application
IRCC office : Niagara (from test invite)
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: family of 3
Application sent: 6 June ,2023
Delivered : 6 June ,2023
AOR: 6 July 2023
Background Verification Completed : July 22, 2023
Citizenship Test Requested : Sept 8 2023
Citizenship Test Given : Sept 23, 2023
Citizenship Test Completed : Sept 25, 2023
Language Skills : 27 Sept 2023
Physical Presence : 27 Sept 2023
Prohibitions : 27 Sept 2023
Citizenship Ceremony : Not Started

I have same question as @noob94 , should we postpone the oath ceremony. I am travelling to India during Christmas break. If I postpone, how soon I will get another oath invite?

Reactions: adyc

dddimok

Jun 17, 2019
Hello Guys, I got an update , my LPP was completed on 27 Sept after 12 Sept test completion.
If I get Oath invite soon, I would have to reschedule oath, I'm travelling to India mid Nov. India has stopping issuing visa , so would need Indian passport for travelling. how long does it take after LPP to get oath usually? Please advise. Thanks.
I would recommend to postpone your ceremony. During it you should destroy your PR card and you will not receive Canadian passport immediately (required to return to Canada). To get your passport you will need Citizenship certificate (which takes several weeks to obtain if your ceremony is virtual). Then You need to apply for the passport and standard procedure also takes several weeks. There is urging passport processing procedure, but it is a big headache that includes waiting in long lines in person in the few passport offices.

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Type: Online application
IRCC office : Niagara (from test invite)
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: family of 3
Application sent: 6 June ,2023
Delivered : 6 June ,2023
AOR: 6 July 2023
Background Verification Completed : July 22, 2023
Citizenship Test Requested : Sept 8 2023
Citizenship Test Given : Sept 23, 2023
Citizenship Test Completed : Sept 25, 2023
Language Skills : 27 Sept 2023
Physical Presence : 27 Sept 2023
Prohibitions : 27 Sept 2023
Citizenship Ceremony : Not Started

I have same question as @noob94 , should we postpone the oath ceremony. I am travelling to India during Christmas break. If I postpone, how soon I will get another oath invite?
I have the similar timeline but waiting for LPP to complete.

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Hi,
Please let me know which number to call for getting info on the application.
Have not seen any progress from June after AOR.
Appreciate the help.

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
IRCC keeps improving things for new applicants. Thats been there strategy.
I read somewhere that online applicants during 2021 and 2022 were “trial” applicants. The officers were learning the new system etc
Hence the delays.

For 2023 applicants, they have introduced automated checks which decreases the processing time. That’s one of the reasons why some applications seem to move faster than the others. We can only speculate on what those checks are but it partly explains why some applications are complete within 2~3 months.

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
I read somewhere that online applicants during 2021 and 2022 were “trial” applicants. The officers were learning the new system etc
Hence the delays.

For 2023 applicants, they have introduced automated checks which decreases the processing time. That’s one of the reasons why some applications seem to move faster than the others. We can only speculate on what those checks are but it partly explains why some applications are complete within 2~3 months.
I can see why they would do this. Wouldn't it make better sense that they put through those who were waiting the longest through the new systems at the very least simultaneously? This would assist in cutting back on their processing times.

All this does, is create frustration for some, unrealistic expectations for others, and overall angst with the lack of transparency with the system. It is not easy for someone to sit and watch others apply and get through with not even a word on what could be causing the bottleneck or delay with your application.

There should at the very least be some expectation as to what a reasonable wait time is between each process.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Edmundtimi

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
I am exactly in the same boat as you. I haven't received any update after getting AOR. You can try to call them; however, they won't tell you much. They just tell you that the official processing time is 18 months, and it is very early for your application and you have to continue waiting.

Hi,
Please let me know which number to call for getting info on the application.
Have not seen any progress from June after AOR.
Appreciate the help.

Edmundtimi

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
I agree; the way they process it is incredibly strange. Every day, I become more convinced that it's just random luck, and it largely depends on the officer handling your case and their efficiency and how hard this person decides to work.

I can see why they would do this. Wouldn't it make better sense that they put through those who were waiting the longest through the new systems at the very least simultaneously? This would assist in cutting back on their processing times.

All this does, is create frustration for some, unrealistic expectations for others, and overall angst with the lack of transparency with the system. It is not easy for someone to sit and watch others apply and get through with not even a word on what could be causing the bottleneck or delay with your application.

There should at the very least be some expectation as to what a reasonable wait time is between each process.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I agree; the way they process it is incredibly strange. Every day, I become more convinced that it's just random luck, and it largely depends on the officer handling your case and their efficiency and how hard this person decides to work.
Last time they cancelled my application after 8 months. When I see my application is not moving I am very worried they do it again