+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Jul 16, 2018
Hello, submitted application to Mississauga on 13th June. Immigration office says they returned the file back to me last Thursday, but havn't received it yet. How long does it take to receive a returned file back to toronto?

har1190

May 14, 2017
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife and I got my first acknowledgement this week for application received (June 12). I want to link the application to online account to get more updates. Should I link it to my cic account or should I create a new cic account for my wife?
Thank you.

Reactions: Preet_Singh

dreamcanada1

Sep 24, 2017
How to link sponsorship application to sponsors my cic account. I have submitted application on June 5 and got acknowledgement on July 14, 2018. But I am not able to link the sponsorship application to my cic account. Please suggest.

Reactions: jwu22

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015

jwu22

Jul 24, 2018
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife and I got my first acknowledgement this week for application received (June 12). I want to link the application to online account to get more updates. Should I link it to my cic account or should I create a new cic account for my wife?
Thank you.
hi.
Since you are the sponsor, linking the sponsorship app to your account
That's harsh :( I am so very sorry for your friend

I guess the sponsor can withdraw the application, since he would be the one taking responsibility for the PA for 3 years after landing... which as he is considering to withdraw the application I don't think he would be willing to do. If he withdraws the application, I don't think it would jeopardize a future application for student visa or EE, since it was not due to a problem with the PA.
If the sponsor pushes through with the application and the wife gets her PR, I don't think there is a conditional PR for the PA anymore; however I am not sure about it and would need to read a little bit of CIC website to clarify it.

I am not an expert on nothing related to the process, so all I said is just a guess. I would get in touch with another group (as the one red.kaede had mentioned) or even immigration lawyers.

Once again, I am sorry for your friend; that's really disheartening :(

Thank you for the reply. Somehow it gave me a positive feeling while reading your message.

By the way, what do you mean: If the sponsorship pushes thru and the wife gets PR, you don't think there's a conditional PR for PA??

I will be waiting updates from you. Thanks again.

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello,

Thank you.
hi did you got AOR on 11th july

please can you share your timeline as i am 12th june applicant as well ,

file recieved - 12 june
AOR1 - 12 July
SA DM on ECAS - 17th july

after that its silent no medical request , no Sponsor approval email yet , above is mine , can you share yours

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
hi.
Since you are the sponsor, linking the sponsorship app to your account

Thank you for the reply. Somehow it gave me a positive feeling while reading your message.

By the way, what do you mean: If the sponsorship pushes thru and the wife gets PR, you don't think there's a conditional PR for PA??

I will be waiting updates from you. Thanks again.
I am glad that you got a little more positive and I could help you a little bit
I think one or two years ago, when the PA (principal applicant, or the sponsored one) have got the permanent resident status, it would be conditional to the PA relationship with the Sponsor, which means that if for some reason they get divorced and are not living together anymore the PA would lose his right to Permanent Residency.
This was applied for couples that were married for less than 5 years by the time the PR application was started. The justification for that was to prevent ppl getting married just to immigrate to Canada.
Now I believe that this restriction does not exist anymore.
I hope I could clarify a little bit more what I meant :)

Reactions: jwu22

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Anyone from June 19th received AOR? I had called on Tuesday and they said that they have received my application but no AOR yet.

har1190

May 14, 2017
hi did you got AOR on 11th july

please can you share your timeline as i am 12th june applicant as well ,

file recieved - 12 june
AOR1 - 12 July
SA DM on ECAS - 17th july

after that its silent no medical request , no Sponsor approval email yet , above is mine , can you share yours
I only got my first AOR on 27th July. Nothing else.:(