+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

hrimjn

Aug 8, 2018
Hmmm, tried calling 613 number “Global Affairs Canada” and chose option 1 for immigration and when they said your call is transferred... it automatically said “I’m sorry your call isn’t available from your calling area” eventhough I was using google hangout and calling from the US. Any ideas?
What option did you guys pick when calling up CIC?
It happens sometimes. You can keep trying. It is not a fool proof line. I was able to get to the queue after a week. So keep trying.

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hmmm, tried calling 613 number “Global Affairs Canada” and chose option 1 for immigration and when they said your call is transferred... it automatically said “I’m sorry your call isn’t available from your calling area” eventhough I was using google hangout and calling from the US. Any ideas?
Just try it again a few times. I called directly and got that too but it worked after.

hrimjn

Aug 8, 2018
Called IRCC today. The agent was polite and told me that you case is being processed in CPC Ottawa.

Eligibility is 'Recommended Pass'
Background check has not started yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: halashwal

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September

Yeah, out of the several calling attempts I made, I heard that message once. You have to keep trying.

karatepu

Aug 4, 2015
I've sent my passport to Ottawa CPO for COPR. Sent last evening via FedEx from US and received this afternoon. Does anyone know how much time Ottawa takes to despatch it back?
Mine was received at the CPC on August 7, approved online August 8 and today I got my paper. Processed by Ottawa.

N@ndita

Aug 9, 2018
its about the time for you to get ppr:oops:
Fingers crossed... but Here on this forum there are many people whose status has not changed after MEP and what is the chance that everyone will recive PPR without a change in their online status?? Is it frequent that they don’t change status of files and issue direct PPR? I came across some incidents where people have mentioned that their status didn’t change even after PPR and even after they moved to Canada, out of curiosity i wonder if even this is possible!

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
An update in the account page concerns Biometrics. I guess this means nothing :confused:

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:

Reactions: gagandeeprana

gagandeeprana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Category........
AOR Received.
22-06-2018
Med's Request
07-07-2018
Hello folks....

The wait is just killing everyone of us now....CIC has been working so damn slow now a days. I have hardly seen anyone getting PPR this week.
I am FSW-Inland. Everything seems so perfect at their side, still I don't know what is taking that long to come on final decision. Every single day passing is making me worried more.
exactly no PPRs this week

Chahal82

Jul 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
Nomination.....
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
24-05-2018
An update in the account page concerns Biometrics. I guess this means nothing :confused:

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:
It's been there since 31 July..
This is what it means;
You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are from Europe, Middle East and Africa.

who needs to give biometrics.

However, starting December 31, 2018, you’ll need to give your biometrics when you submit a new application for a visitor visa, study or work permit or for permanent residence.

Last edited:
Reactions: maplenow

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Actually, we uploaded in the Legal Name Change section. Since we did not have such a document we provided marriage certificate and an LOE where we wrote she did not have a passport with her former name. Later we found that she had one and raised a CSE and uploaded it.
Oh ok. Was scared I skipped the section.