Big congraz, ecas/coffee man!
enjoy the best xmas gift in life!
all the best

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
injuredcold said:
Hello friends! Had my oath on Friday and the whole experience was awesome.
Everybody was so friendly and welcoming.
Arrived on time and then we were all lined up to go inside the hall. No food items allowed in the ceremony hall.
Upon entering, they took our PR cards, invitation letter and a signed disclosure letter to a clerk on the entrance. She checked everything and told everyone their seat numbers. Guests are seated on the sides and new-to-be-citizens in the middle.
Once all seated, clerk opened the ceremony with his remarks and gave us brief introduction of ceremony and a brief video was shown on projector about Canada.
After that he called in the Judge and member of local Police department.
Judge was very nice. She gave a brief yet inspiring speech about the significance of becoming citizen of best country in the world! Gives you goosebumps :)
Then we said our oath after the Judge in English and French (a handout was given to everybody that has the wording in it). Then they called each and every one of us to collect the certificate from the Judge. She was extremely friendly and patient, cracking light jokes and talked to each children at length in the most friendly way higlighting the importance of the certificate. Guests were allowed to take photos or make videos of their family members receiving the certificate from the Judge.

After receiving the certificate, each one of us signed a paprer that officialy made us Canadian citizen! :)
Once everyone had received the cetificate, there were closing remarks from the Judge and National Anthem - which we all sang and felt Proud! :D

That concluded the ceremony and after that Judge allowed everybody if they wanted, they could have picture with their family and Judge. Which was very kind of her, considering she is person of such prestine. Yet was humble, polite and extremely kind. She was indeed the perfect portrayel of what it means to be a Canadian and a role model :)

I had picture with my baby and wife - first time as a proud Canadian citizen! :)
Thank you Canada for making this dream come true.

Waiting for rest of my friends at the finish line - enjoy every minute of the Journey. As once you reach your destination, every moment spent waiting will all be truly worth it!
Congratulations! Can't wait till I live this memorable experience.

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I’m seeking some advises and recommendations to prepare my interview with the agent after the test.
I have all the residency requirement but I’m PR since 2008 and the first 3 years I had many travels outside the country (for a mix of reasons: personal and professional) and I’m pretty sure that the agent will focus on this period.
Do you have any advises and/or recommendations?
Is it automatic to receive the QR in such cases? Or is it up to how clear I’m in the interview?
My test is on Jan 20th in Montreal.
Thank you
Best Regards

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timha said:
Hi everyone,
I'm seeking some advises and recommendations to prepare my interview with the agent after the test.
I have all the residency requirement but I'm PR since 2008 and the first 3 years I had many travels outside the country (for a mix of reasons: personal and professional) and I'm pretty sure that the agent will focus on this period.
Do you have any advises and/or recommendations?
Is it automatic to receive the QR in such cases? Or is it up to how clear I'm in the interview?
My test is on Jan 20th in Montreal.
Thank you
Best Regards
I was sitting in the interview room with my wife and son few days back in Scarborough to observe how did they conduct the interview with different applicants. I find most of the officers were discussing with applicants on travel history for last four years and must have all passports from PR till present or even sometime they wanted to see if any earlier passports they used to travel if feel so.

So, if you have all the passports, exit, entry stamps in order you may find they will focus only on your last four years of residency. I am not sure about Montreal office but Scarborough office now handing over oath letter during the interview..

Also it all will depend on the interviewing officer's mood and your spontaneous answers on officer's questions but in my observatins (on around 20 applicants interview), I found no RQ was issued to them and they got oath letter at the end of interview though few of them I heard explaining their travel history..

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your answer,
I have all the passports ready and also I already submitted with my application the list provided with Canada Boarded with all my entries dates to Canada.

rayman_m said:
I was sitting in the interview room with my wife and son few days back in Scarborough to observe how did they conduct the interview with different applicants. I find most of the officers were discussing with applicants on travel history for last four years and must have all passports from PR till present or even sometime they wanted to see if any earlier passports they used to travel if feel so.

So, if you have all the passports, exit, entry stamps in order you may find they will focus only on your last four years of residency. I am not sure about Montreal office but Scarborough office now handing over oath letter during the interview..

Also it all will depend on the interviewing officer's mood and your spontaneous answers on officer's questions but in my observatins (on around 20 applicants interview), I found no RQ was issued to them and they got oath letter at the end of interview though few of them I heard explaining their travel history..

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just logged in to e-CAS and saw this:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats!! awesome news :). first, it means that your file's processing time is as june's. second, we will be able to see where are our files online. thanks for sharing

eltorpe said:
Just logged in to e-CAS and saw this:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks eltorpe.

I checked my ECas and status is Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you..

Looks like in new routine they are telling status of file's location which is really great otherwise everyone use to predict based on received line disappeared etc.
Happy Holiday everyone.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
congrats Kitchners
catchvb said:
Thanks eltorpe.

I checked my ECas and status is Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you..

Looks like in new routine they are telling status of file's location which is really great otherwise everyone use to predict based on received line disappeared etc.
Happy Holiday everyone.

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SiKa said:
Do oath letters show up on ecas once issued? (During interview /after interview)
Nope. After you took oath, Ecas will show "You became a Canadian citizen on xxx xx xxxx".

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wufan33 said:
Nope. After you took oath, Ecas will show "You became a Canadian citizen on xxx xx xxxx".
In 99% cases it does show when then send you letter for oath . Once oath is done status changes to "You became a Canadian citizen on xxx xx xxxx".

yuomap1120

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 27, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on December 2, 2014. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you

amerways

Mar 30, 2012
Is it ok to have a unemployment period of 8 months in citizenship application. Should I apply ?I meet residency requirements.