+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June applicants stuck with CIC bureaucracy while Aug/Sept application are moving fast..

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The table below shows the processing time from receipt of application to finalization for 80 percent of cases processed between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014:

Routine citizenship applications
24 months
Non-routine citizenship applications
36 months

Hi all,
as you can see I had a little too much time on my hand toady and found the following,
instead of the usual processing time to process all applications between 24-36 months, CIC updated their website on 23/12/2014 to show that within a year they have been processing applications from start to finish in only 2- 3 years.

My guess is, instead of updating new and correct processing time , they are choosing to keep mention of old times on website to deter callers... since immediately when you look at the website it still looks like the old processing times still apply... or maybe it was just a "Huge Typographical error"

Thoughts?
see link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
you probably will receive oath in the spot.
You raised a valid point, you never know, with a stroke of luck you may just be correct.
Lets see how CIC proceeds with this single step new process, indeed it would be ideal if they "routinely" instead of randomly carry out the oaths on the spot; since the Citizenship judge is no longer being used up front in the process.

Please come back and update us 2015 oath takers.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=832289

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where are all the good news we used to hear not long ago? Is 2015 a bad year or is it the nasty weather that's preventing the good news from arriving?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably half of the Canadian workforce was on vacation the past 2 week, I dont see why CIC employees would be any different.

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
u4g5 said:
hope CIC back to work now, or at least resume some sorda work, either today or jan 5th.
gonna be lots news this month for test taker in GTA, cuz you probably will receive oath in the spot.
brand new journey, friends!
have a gd weekend
Hay u4g5,

what is "Oath on Spot", i heard this phrase but didn't get idea what does it mean. Does it mean the day we give test, test get checked and ask to take oath? Thank

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshipapplicant said:
Hay u4g5,

what is "Oath on Spot", i heard this phrase but didn't get idea what does it mean. Does it mean the day we give test, test get checked and ask to take oath? Thank
Oath invitation given same day following the test.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi how are u guys? happy new year
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Dear Friends,

This is my timeline. My local office is Vancouver. No letter for test yet, any idea? I already sent them all documents, what they want & they even change my name on e-cas (It was name change documents)......

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Dear Friends,

This is my timeline. My local office is Vancouver. No letter for test yet, any idea? I already sent them all documents, what they want & they even change my name on e-cas (It was name change documents)......

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
can do nothing but wait. but gd news is you never been RQed. so eventually the application will go through

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
jeune said:
hi how are u guys? happy new year
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me
Having lost you travel documents is bad news. Especially the passport. I applied in 2006 and got refused because I had my passport lost after applying. I detailed how it went on a different thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/who-has-ever-attended-a-hearing-with-a-citizenship-judge-how-was-it-t183751.15.html

Good luck to you, but be prepared to go all the way.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
latitudeofgratitude said:
The table below shows the processing time from receipt of application to finalization for 80 percent of cases processed between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014:

Routine citizenship applications
24 months
Non-routine citizenship applications
36 months

Hi all,
as you can see I had a little too much time on my hand toady and found the following,
instead of the usual processing time to process all applications between 24-36 months, CIC updated their website on 23/12/2014 to show that within a year they have been processing applications from start to finish in only 2- 3 years.

My guess is, instead of updating new and correct processing time , they are choosing to keep mention of old times on website to deter callers... since immediately when you look at the website it still looks like the old processing times still apply... or maybe it was just a "Huge Typographical error"

Thoughts?
see link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp
Is there any difference in processing time of province to province or it is same?