Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
RebeccaOttawa said:
Well the CIC website now says they are working on applications received July 4th...so looks like they forgot about my partner and I (and a few other of us June applicants)!

The way that this process works absolutely infuriates me. I can't believe that CIC keeps us guessing as to whether we will receive an AOR or not, and whether it and/or our approval will come by snail mail or by email. And I think it's outrageous that they they would start working on July applications before everyone from June (and May and April) has at least received an AOR.

Also, I've found it impossible to get through to a call centre agent unless I call exactly at 8 a.m. Any other time, instead of getting put on hold, I have been getting a message saying that all lines are busy and to call back another time, and then getting hung up on! I called about 30 times (because 8 a.m. is not a convenient time for me to call) before I was able to speak to an agent.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that my friends and family are tired of hearing me complain about this and can't really relate to what we're all going through!!

I knew that my partner and I would be in for a long wait when we applied but it's the arbitrariness of the whole process that really gets me down. :( I can't believe that some August applicants have already received AORs!

Anyway, will try to be a more positive member of this forum from now on..!
thats okay....majority of us have had at least one meltdown on this forum and no one will hold it against you because everything you said is correct....CIC has no accountability and it is frustrating.....but it is out of our control at this time.......so I hope you feel a little better and maybe before the weekend is here you will have news.....hang in there.....chin up...... :)

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
RebeccaOttawa said:
Well the CIC website now says they are working on applications received July 4th...so looks like they forgot about my partner and I (and a few other of us June applicants)!

The way that this process works absolutely infuriates me. I can't believe that CIC keeps us guessing as to whether we will receive an AOR or not, and whether it and/or our approval will come by snail mail or by email. And I think it's outrageous that they they would start working on July applications before everyone from June (and May and April) has at least received an AOR.

Also, I've found it impossible to get through to a call centre agent unless I call exactly at 8 a.m. Any other time, instead of getting put on hold, I have been getting a message saying that all lines are busy and to call back another time, and then getting hung up on! I called about 30 times (because 8 a.m. is not a convenient time for me to call) before I was able to speak to an agent.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that my friends and family are tired of hearing me complain about this and can't really relate to what we're all going through!!

I knew that my partner and I would be in for a long wait when we applied but it's the arbitrariness of the whole process that really gets me down. :( I can't believe that some August applicants have already received AORs!

Anyway, will try to be a more positive member of this forum from now on..!
i think all of us here definitely understand how you feel and the frustration of not being able to tell where our application is atm.. my case is the same, and we had to wait for 2 weeks to get our approval letter (didn't get an AOR, only saw the update on eCas. I guess you might need to be patient (that's all we can do actually) and good news will come to you soon. good luck!

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
miniejungle said:
i think all of us here definitely understand how you feel and the frustration of not being able to tell where our application is atm.. my case is the same, and we had to wait for 2 weeks to get our approval letter (didn't get an AOR, only saw the update on eCas. I guess you might need to be patient (that's all we can do actually) and good news will come to you soon. good luck!
Hi miniejungle,

Can you tell me whether you got the PPR by email or snail mail? I'm still waiting on my AOR (my app was received on jun26) and it looks like you got yours via snail mail. I'm worried that if the PPR request comes by snail mail too I won't be able to respond since i'm going to be out of town for around 2 months.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
When do I expect status change on eCAS from Application Received to In Process for spouse sponsor....:)

AXH

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/ 06/2012
Doc's Request.
14/10/2012
AOR Received.
18 August 2012
File Transfer...
28 August 2012
Med's Request
May 05, 2012
Med's Done....
May 05, 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/01/2013
LANDED..........
Before 05/05/2013
WHat happen on second stage? our Visa office is Rome. how long does it takes they contact us?
we are blessed with our second child, ans i want to know what do we have to do in order to put her in our application process, because the CIC did return the payment fee we had made for our second child. we got the approval before we noticed them they was born. we did send them an e-mail notifying them for our chenges, but still no unswer. i send an e-mail to the embassy of Rome and to CIC office as well.
How long it will take for them to send a first notification??
waiting for this second stage is more anxious to me.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
plee said:
Hi miniejungle,

Can you tell me whether you got the PPR by email or snail mail? I'm still waiting on my AOR (my app was received on jun26) and it looks like you got yours via snail mail. I'm worried that if the PPR request comes by snail mail too I won't be able to respond since i'm going to be out of town for around 2 months.
hi Plee, i haven't gotten the PPR request yet. All i have for stage 2 is the emailed AOR for my application in Sydney. I think the wait will be a bit longer than stage 1. You know I never had an AOR for stage 1 (only saw them updating eCas and waited in agony for almost 3 weeks before we received the snail mail for sponsorship approval) - CIC doesn't seem to be consistent on their communication means.

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
miniejungle said:
hi Plee, i haven't gotten the PPR request yet. All i have for stage 2 is the emailed AOR for my application in Sydney. I think the wait will be a bit longer than stage 1. You know I never had an AOR for stage 1 (only saw them updating eCas and waited in agony for almost 3 weeks before we received the snail mail for sponsorship approval) - CIC doesn't seem to be consistent on their communication means.
Oh, that's good to know. I was a little concerned that I haven't received anything yet. Thanks for the info!

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Share your thoughts on this :

Is there any difference in application processing time frame of the spouse PR submitted by a Canadian Citizen and a Permanent Resident.I mean is there any added advantage for Canadian Citizen or its same in both the cases.....

neil537

Nov 29, 2011
Hi this is a message for smvi, I want to add my details to the June 2012 spreadsheet but I'm not allowed to send personal messages, any other way I can get the info to you? My email is neil_jardine@hotmail.com if you want to email me then I can reply with my details.

Thanks

smvi

Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2012
Doc's Request.
10/3/2012
AOR Received.
07/26/2012
File Transfer...
07/31/2012
Med's Done....
05/19/2012
Passport Req..
08/23/2012, In Process 11/5/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
Wanna go to Toronto as soon as possible
neil537 said:
Hi this is a message for smvi, I want to add my details to the June 2012 spreadsheet but I'm not allowed to send personal messages, any other way I can get the info to you? My email is neil_jardine @ hotmail.com if you want to email me then I can reply with my details.

Thanks
Just let me know , yr timeline.
Yr VISA Office, date of application send & received by CIC, Medical done, AOR or approval if u have got...
U can reply to this msg only...Will add you in spreadsheet :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
tahsinmohammad said:
Share your thoughts on this :

Is there any difference in application processing time frame of the spouse PR submitted by a Canadian Citizen and a Permanent Resident.I mean is there any added advantage for Canadian Citizen or its same in both the cases.....
it's the same....one does not take precedent over the other :D

neil537

Nov 29, 2011
Ok.

London office, app sent 6/9/2012, app received by CIC 6/12/2012, stage 1 AOR 8/9/2012, sponsorship approval 8/14/2012 and that's as far as we've got!

Thanks! :)

Zeenish

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-June-2012
AOR Received.
25-July-2012
File Transfer...
30-July-2012
Med's Done....
15-March-2012
Interview........
Waived?
Passport Req..
14-08-2012...Travelling..sent it on 17th September...Started processing on 16thOct!:-)
VISA ISSUED...
8-Jan-2013..FINALLY!:-)
SMVI
Hi...Just wanted to let you know I'm coming to Ind on Sun. Hopefully will send my passport on Monday. I was wondering if you sent a cover letter along with your documents...or just the PP and docs?..Please let me know ASAP! I'm already over 30 days late!:-( Really upset about it.

smvi

Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2012
Doc's Request.
10/3/2012
AOR Received.
07/26/2012
File Transfer...
07/31/2012
Med's Done....
05/19/2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
Zeenish said:
SMVI
Hi...Just wanted to let you know I'm coming to Ind on Sun. Hopefully will send my passport on Monday. I was wondering if you sent a cover letter along with your documents...or just the PP and docs?..Please let me know ASAP! I'm already over 30 days late!:-( Really upset about it.
No i didnt send any cover letter...But its good if u send it...
I just send PP & docs... In the envelope i wrote the UCI number , my name & address & phone number and send through bluedart...
All d best..Dont worry..still they are working on April applicants...
So for us still it is one more months wait...

smvi

Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2012
Doc's Request.
10/3/2012
AOR Received.
07/26/2012
File Transfer...
07/31/2012
Med's Done....
05/19/2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
neil537 said:
Ok.

London office, app sent 6/9/2012, app received by CIC 6/12/2012, stage 1 AOR 8/9/2012, sponsorship approval 8/14/2012 and that's as far as we've got!

Thanks! :)
Added...all d best :)