Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i thought you were referring to the email CPC-M sends your wife to say she can sponsor you.

as far as the AOR that goes to YOU from the visa office, again, has nothing to do with you being in Canada or still in the states. Buffalo sends these via email regardless of that.

i'm not sure if you ever ordered GCMS notes.......?

kourts said:
they're saying that i got a email from buffalo with my uci and file number because im in canada....makes no sense to me either.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
i know that, but the people at the call centre told my wife the email i got from buffalo with my uci and file number was only because i came to canda to visit for a long period of time, i didnt even believe it, cause i know its not true. and no i havent ordered them, but maybe i should and since im in canada they're free right?

jettagirl

Oct 16, 2011
Ok, I'm new here, but here's my story...

My husband and I applied back in June (application received in Mississauga on June 14), my sponsorship was approved in mid August and the Sydney office began processing my husband's app August 18 (medical results were received Aug 18 as well). About a week and a half ago, he got an email advising him to have his sponsor pay the RPRF, which I did on October 11. I sent the receipt to the Mississauga office that afternoon. Anyone have any insight on how long the process will take from here? We are hopeful that it will be quick now, but I have no idea. We didn't use an immigration lawyer or consultant, so I have nobody I can ask.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kourts said:
i know that, but the people at the call centre told my wife the email i got from buffalo with my uci and file number was only because i came to canda to visit for a long period of time, i didnt even believe it, cause i know its not true.
then they are beyond useless

kourts said:
and no i havent ordered them, but maybe i should and since im in canada they're free right?
right

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't take my word for it but I believe processing the RPRF fee (which is just the fee to "land") can take a month or a bit more, which is why it's important to pay it up front if you're concerned about any and all delays to the process. Having said that, the good thing is that they would not ask you to pay the RPRF fee unless they were quite close to wrapping up this process and asking for your passport so they could issue a visa. You can compare timelines with people going through the same VO by going to the Sydney thread if you haven't already.

jettagirl said:
Ok, I'm new here, but here's my story...

My husband and I applied back in June (application received in Mississauga on June 14), my sponsorship was approved in mid August and the Sydney office began processing my husband's app August 18 (medical results were received Aug 18 as well). About a week and a half ago, he got an email advising him to have his sponsor pay the RPRF, which I did on October 11. I sent the receipt to the Mississauga office that afternoon. Anyone have any insight on how long the process will take from here? We are hopeful that it will be quick now, but I have no idea. We didn't use an immigration lawyer or consultant, so I have nobody I can ask.

imp

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2011
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
My ecas has been updated to say medicals received but it kind of seems like nearly all the applicants from Buffalo have had the same update.

Congrats to those who have gotten PPR and I'm thinking good thoughts for those of us who are still waiting.

I did get a happy moment this weekend because my old visitor record was expiring so we used it as an opportunity to go visit my family in Michigan. When we came back I was so terrified, as usual. I think it was shift change time when we got there because we had to wait for a while to talk to an officer but when we finally did she looked at my file, saw that there was an application for PR in, and gave me a 1 year visitor record. ;D

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
i got a stamp in my passport for 6 months, whats the correct term for the stamp? incase i should have to extend it.

amalad

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th June
File Transfer...
7th September
Still didn't recieve my AOR! Noone from Abu Dhabi here?

amalad

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th June
File Transfer...
7th September
Ihsan.petro is processing in AbuDhabi but he's not active :S

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
No I'm from the states I crossed and told them why I was coming and they put a stamp in my passport for 6 months. Anyways if lots of people are getting the same update from buffalo at the same time does that mean it could be a glitch?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doesn't appear to be a popular VO, but here is a thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-one-who-process-in-abudhabi-t41602.255.html. You can start your own thread too, if you wish.

amalad said:
Still didn't recieve my AOR! Noone from Abu Dhabi here?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kourts said:
No I'm from the states I crossed and told them why I was coming and they put a stamp in my passport for 6 months.
It's just a stamp. Even if the BO had not stamped your passport, your temporary resident status would still expire six months from the day you entered Canada from the U.S. unless you were given a visitor record (which I believe would be anything more than 6 months), study or work permit.
kourts said:
Anyways if lots of people are getting the same update from buffalo at the same time does that mean it could be a glitch?
No, it could mean that the system is being updated for everyone at the same time. However, if someone is getting their 27th "medical results received" update, then yes, that would be a glitch. The point is the updates are usually not timely.

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.