Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
mimina82 said:
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu....
I know, it insane! That is why I say it is a miracle!! It just changed TODAY to desicion made. ;D
I wanna crazy like you ;D ;D ;D by the way ,when did you got PPR ?

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
I am not familiar with all the abbreviations :( what is PPR??

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
mimina82 said:
I am not familiar with all the abbreviations :( what is PPR??
Passport Request :)

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
oh okis :D then two weeks ago....

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
che.the.spy said:
My husbands e-cas is also showing medical received!!! It's a good day for news here.
Me too! Same change.

che.the.spy

Jul 6, 2011
Beijing - China
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-6-2011
AOR Received.
19-09-2011
File Transfer...
28-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-6-2011/ rec. 14-10
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
ddobro2 said:
The comment about showing that you both intend to settle in Canada once the process is over did not have to do with the sponsorship approval per se. In fact I don't believe they put that into consideration at that stage.
actually, they do take this into consideration for sponsors living outside of Canada. Part of the application to sponsor while living abroad is to produce proof that you intend to return to Canada with your spouse (so you're not just sending someone to Canada and abandoning them there) I sent proof of a couple job offers and a letter from my parents about their intent to help us settle in their city.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it's true that two of the forms that Mississauga looks at ask if the sponsor is currently outside of the country, and specifically the sponsor questionnaire asks when the sponsor plans to return, where he plans to live, and for photocopies of certain documents that prove this intention. I just do not know how much they scrutinize that proof at stage 1 as opposed to stage 2, at the visa office.

Assuming the OP's sponsor is a citizen and not a PR (since a PR would not be able to sponsor another for PR if he or she were living outside Canada), this is what the CIC processing manual states:

• may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children without dependent children of their own
• must satisfy immigration officials that they will reside in Canada once their spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children become permanent residents in Canada
must forward their applications directly to CPC-M, where their plan to return to Canada will be assessed based on documentary evidence and/or interview assistance from the visa office where necessary

che.the.spy said:
actually, they do take this into consideration for sponsors living outside of Canada. Part of the application to sponsor while living abroad is to produce proof that you intend to return to Canada with your spouse (so you're not just sending someone to Canada and abandoning them there) I sent proof of a couple job offers and a letter from my parents about their intent to help us settle in their city.

che.the.spy

Jul 6, 2011
Beijing - China
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-6-2011
AOR Received.
19-09-2011
File Transfer...
28-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-6-2011/ rec. 14-10
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Yeah, I would read that to mean, since the sponsor is not available in Canada for an interview to confirm intent, the interview would be done by the VO. It still sounds like it would be done as part of stage 1. I doubt they actually call interviews to establish the sponsors intent to return very often, they probably take the evidence submitted with a degree of good faith unless it is highly suspect.

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
mimina82 said:
Hello Guys!! Just wanted to let you know that we got visa stamped!!! It was a miracle, as you can see in my timeline, but we are more than happy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I hope to spread some of the good luck that came our way on to you guys!!
:D Congrats :D

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
i checked ecas today it still says application received, i decided to click it and it says application received june 8th (the day mississugua got it) but under it, it says medical results received, doesnt give a date but still its good news. i dont know why my wife never got her sponsorship approval or why when we call they say a decesion hasnt been made but if my ecas says medical results received, it must be in buffalo.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
also under my sponsors ecas it says "Sponsored person" then under it my name, 'sponsorship application status" and under it "in process", then "permanent resident application status" an under it "application received". what does other peoples say? does it say decesion made under sponsor application status for everyone else?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes for me

if yours says "in process" but the file and its associated medicals are received at Buffalo, you might want to call CIC and inform them of that

kourts said:
does it say decesion made under sponsor application status for everyone else?

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
i dont know how much good that would do. we tried telling them before that my app was in buffalo even though they save decesion hasnt been made for the sponsorship part, and they said i got the email because im visiting here in canada. which is bs, cause i got it before i came here.but what do i know :p lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i don't understand what someone being in Canada has to do with getting the email versus not....or getting the approval message some other way. My husband is sponsoring me. Like most sponsors, he is in the country (as am I) during this wait, and he received the email addressed to him from CPC-M and forwarded it to me.

kourts said:
i dont know how much good that would do. we tried telling them before that my app was in buffalo even though they save decesion hasnt been made for the sponsorship part, and they said i got the email because im visiting here in canada. which is bs, cause i got it before i came here.but what do i know :p lol

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
they're saying that i got a email from buffalo with my uci and file number because im in canada....makes no sense to me either.