+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
I wish it was a batch update and am hoping that it does turn out that way. But the characteristics do not match a regular GU. In other threads, some folks whose citizenship ceremony is over got a GU. Also the timing was non-standard. The update did not happen at 5 ET as usual but around 3 hours later.

To maintain sanity and to not have to deal with anxiety of anticipation, I think it is best to ignore today's GU. Just my 2 cents.

If something happens soon, awesome. If not, this was a Happy Halloween ghost update.
Yes better to not overthink. A ghost update is much better than no update, especially considering how slow Scarborough office is, compared to other ones. Happy for Halloween update, and lets wait for next week for more clarity!

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
I think its a batch update, as so many received ghost updates today. Next week, we will know the actual updates. My test status was in progress for long time and it got changed to completed.
Hi, may I ask how long it took for your test to mark complete on your tracker after you took the test. I finished my test on Oct 9 and until today Oct 27 the status is still in process:(.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hi, may I ask how long it took for your test to mark complete on your tracker after you took the test. I finished my test on Oct 9 and until today Oct 27 the status is still in process:(.
My test was finished on sept 21st.. but was in progress till today. Call IRCC customer care, and they will check your file notes and confirm if the validation of your knowledge test is completed or still pending. If passed, you don't have to worry about anything. Officer will update it anytime.

Reactions: NewDestination

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Yes better to not overthink. A ghost update is much better than no update, especially considering how slow Scarborough office is, compared to other ones. Happy for Halloween update, and lets wait for next week for more clarity!
Or maybe its a routine update on their infrastructure that triggered the ghost update for everyone lol

Reactions: navkrish

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Happy it worked for you :)
When they asked you to send scanned ID because it was blurred during the test; do we need to reply to same email and send attachment?
Then they say signed ID but PR card does not have our sign. Is it okay to scan and send that?

validity

Oct 9, 2023
Hi guys, I wrote my test on Oct 17 and it was updated on Oct 19...Today LPP changed to "Completed" and also for my spouse and our 3 kids. However, what surprised me is that my spouse hasn't taken her test yet, but they have completed her LPP already...Is that normal????

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Hi guys, I wrote my test on Oct 17 and it was updated on Oct 19...Today LPP changed to "Completed" and also for my spouse and our 3 kids. However, what surprised me is that my spouse hasn't taken her test yet, but they have completed her LPP already...Is that normal????
It’s not typical. Usually LPP is completed after the test. But, in your wife’s case they probably did it the other way around.

I don’t think it is something to be concerned about.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I saw ghost update on 4 applications today. Looks like a system glitch.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
When they asked you to send scanned ID because it was blurred during the test; do we need to reply to same email and send attachment?
Then they say signed ID but PR card does not have our sign. Is it okay to scan and send that?
Yes PR card has no sign exception which other IDs don't have.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

Purpleyam

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Had a ghost update yesterday, and today morning it switched to real update. Oath ceremony date updated. No email although.

Deanam1878

Sep 27, 2023
Type: Online
Application: Individual with 1097 days (no outside trip since 2017)
Visa Office: Mississauga or Scarborough (I can't remember)
Application sent: July 10, 2023
AOR: August 10, 2023
Background check completed: September 26, 2023
Test invite Letter: October 05, 2023 (Oct. 10 to Oct. 30)
Test Taken: October 12, 2023
Citizenship Test Completed: October 13, 2023
Language Skills Completed: October 25, 2023
Physical Presence Completed: October 25, 2023
Prohibition Completed: October 25, 2023
Ceremony Citizenship: Not started

Folks, This is my timeline. Typically, how long does it take that I receive oath letter??