July 2022 Citizenship Applications

its_msg_25

Sep 18, 2018
United States of America
AOR Received.
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
When were you able to register to see it’s “in progress”?
This morning (July 12th).
I tried to do it yesterday aftn (the day I received my AOR), but got the same error - Incorrect UCI/application number. So I tried this morning, luckily it worked and allowed me to create an account in the status tracker.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Looks like online applications are faster than paper. Already AoR received by most of the applicants. I am still waiting for AoR

Reactions: srikanth_reddy

ajx

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Application submission Date :-07 July 2022
Application type (paper based/ Online) :- Paper
City:-Surrey
Days in Canada:- 1500+
AOR:- Not Yet

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Question - while filing up the past 5 years details. Do I need to take into consideration gap of few days while switching from one employer to another?

For e.g job-1 last date of working is 5-Jan 2022 and starting new job-2 on 2-Feb 2022. Should I add unemployment for the gap in the application form?

FlyingNube

Jun 16, 2022
Question - while filing up the past 5 years details. Do I need to take into consideration gap of few days while switching from one employer to another?

For e.g job-1 last date of working is 5-Jan 2022 and starting new job-2 on 2-Feb 2022. Should I add unemployment for the gap in the application form?
In the paper based form it asks only the month not the date.

qua

Feb 27, 2019
Quick update.. Got AOR yesterday (July 11). I was able to create an account on the status tracker today.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Quick update.. Got AOR yesterday (July 11). I was able to create an account on the status tracker today.
Paper or online?

If paper, what status do you see on ecas vs the status on the new portal. Are both In Progress or one is Received and the other is In Progress?

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Paper or online?

If paper, what status do you see on ecas vs the status on the new portal. Are both In Progress or one is Received and the other is In Progress?
The new portal should say " In Progress" and the older one will have:
"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on XXXX"

Last edited:
Reactions: iceman55

Utkarsh1236

Jun 30, 2022
Application submission Date :- July 12 2022
Application type (paper based/ Online) : Paper
City:- Kitchener
Days in Canada:-1112
AOR: Not Yet

iceman55

May 1, 2022
The new portal should say " In Progress" and the older one will have:
"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on XXXX"
Thank you.

Wondering when ecas will change from 'Application Received' to 'In Progress' (I believe the exact text is 'We have started processing your application on xxxx').

Based on others' posts is ecas is more accurate than the new portal. My guess is when ecas says in progress that's when the application is being really looked at by an officer. Is that correct?

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Thank you.

Wondering when ecas will change from 'Application Received' to 'In Progress' (I believe the exact text is 'We have started processing your application on xxxx').

Based on others' posts is ecas is more accurate than the new portal. My guess is when ecas says in progress that's when the application is being really looked at by an officer. Is that correct?
That is how it should follow but you never know how they actually work especially in current times :) I believe as soon as they check your file and sent out AOR (paper applications) , they start your background check before sending out the packet to regional office.