Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hi guys, just wanted to share that even though it says that you must be present in Canada in order to take the test, you might be able to take it outside of Canada, case by case situations I guess. I just received an email to take the test and it says that if you are currently outside of Canada, please let us know so that we can accommodate you. As I’m currently outside of Canada and wouldn’t be able to make it back within the next 21 days, therefore I emailed them back stating that I’m outside of Canada, what are my options? Surprisingly, They replied back to me within an hour stating that I can take the test from my current location!!! Was shocked but super happy to receive such reply. Just wanted to share since maybe someone else is also currently outside of Canada and experiencing Delays returning back before the test due.
NOTE: I didn’t ask to rescheduled my test, I just simply asked what are my options since I’m outside of Canada. Also, if you are currently outside of Canada and unable to take the test in Canada, don’t just blindly take the test from wherever you are, better email CIC first to get their confirmation just to be on the safe side.
Can you share a screenshot of the reply that you received from IRCC.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period.
Important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi guys, just wanted to share that even though it says that you must be present in Canada in order to take the test, you might be able to take it outside of Canada, case by case situations I guess. I just received an email to take the test and it says that if you are currently outside of Canada, please let us know so that we can accommodate you. As I’m currently outside of Canada and wouldn’t be able to make it back within the next 21 days, therefore I emailed them back stating that I’m outside of Canada, what are my options? Surprisingly, They replied back to me within an hour stating that I can take the test from my current location!!! Was shocked but super happy to receive such reply. Just wanted to share since maybe someone else is also currently outside of Canada and experiencing Delays returning back before the test due.
NOTE: I didn’t ask to rescheduled my test, I just simply asked what are my options since I’m outside of Canada. Also, if you are currently outside of Canada and unable to take the test in Canada, don’t just blindly take the test from wherever you are, better email CIC first to get their confirmation just to be on the safe side.
I am absolutely fascinated by this. Did you have to give a reason for your absence? I would love to take a trip back home but am concerned that the second I leave Canada I will get called to do the test and have to travel back at short notice and quarantine etc! I would love too hear if more people have had this experience?!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am absolutely fascinated by this. Did you have to give a reason for your absence? I would love to take a trip back home but am concerned that the second I leave Canada I will get called to do the test and have to travel back at short notice and quarantine etc! I would love too hear if more people have had this experience?!
Confirmed this with a September 2020 applicant, some people are receiving a slightly different format of the test invite letter where it clearly says you can take the test outside Canada. In my test letter, I saw no such thing. It is weird.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......