+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Seriously I think had heard somewhere that if the address on the both IDs provided at the time of citizenship application don't match it's another reason for RQ.
I submitted my Driver's license and foreign passport and both had different addresses. I did not have any issues.

These situations are not black and white.

Read this post.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rq-versus-physical-presence-questionnaires-including-cit-0205.534082/post-9496539

This talks about some situations where delays might happen.

saik143

May 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello Raj,

Here are my complete details, please update the tracker accordingly:

App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1098
App Sent: 13-JUL-2020
App Delivered: 17-JUL-2020
AOR: 06-JAN-2021
In-Progress:19-JAN-2021
Test Email: 07-MAY-2021
Test Date: 16-MAY-2021 (Scored 20/20)
Retest on Microsoft Teams: 12-JUN-2021 (Due to technical difficulties they couldn't accept my online test) (Scored 20/20)
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Invite:
Oath Date:

Here are the details from the new status dashboard :

Background Check "Completed" date: 09-MAR-2021
Citizenship Test "Completed" date: 14-JUN-2021
Prohibitions, Language and Physical presence "Completed" date: IN PROGRESS
Citizenship ceremony status: Not started

Thank you Raj for your contribution to the forum and much appreciate the detailed "Discover Canada" study guide breakdown thread :)... That thread helped me immensely during preparation for my re-test!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Raj,

Here are my complete details, please update the tracker accordingly:

App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1098
App Sent: 13-JUL-2020
App Delivered: 17-JUL-2020
AOR: 06-JAN-2021
In-Progress:19-JAN-2021
Test Email: 07-MAY-2021
Test Date: 16-MAY-2021 (Scored 20/20)
Retest on Microsoft Teams: 12-JUN-2021 (Due to technical difficulties they couldn't accept my online test) (Scored 20/20)
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Invite:
Oath Date:

Here are the details from the new status dashboard :

Background Check "Completed" date: 09-MAR-2021
Citizenship Test "Completed" date: 14-JUN-2021
Prohibitions, Language and Physical presence "Completed" date: IN PROGRESS
Citizenship ceremony status: Not started

Thank you Raj for your contribution to the forum and much appreciate the detailed "Discover Canada" study guide breakdown thread :)... That thread helped me immensely during preparation for my re-test!
You're welcome :) .

I have updated the spreadsheet!

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hi guys, just wanted to share that even though it says that you must be present in Canada in order to take the test, you might be able to take it outside of Canada, case by case situations I guess. I just received an email to take the test and it says that if you are currently outside of Canada, please let us know so that we can accommodate you. As I’m currently outside of Canada and wouldn’t be able to make it back within the next 21 days, therefore I emailed them back stating that I’m outside of Canada, what are my options? Surprisingly, They replied back to me within an hour stating that I can take the test from my current location!!! Was shocked but super happy to receive such reply. Just wanted to share since maybe someone else is also currently outside of Canada and experiencing Delays returning back before the test due.
NOTE: I didn’t ask to rescheduled my test, I just simply asked what are my options since I’m outside of Canada. Also, if you are currently outside of Canada and unable to take the test in Canada, don’t just blindly take the test from wherever you are, better email CIC first to get their confirmation just to be on the safe side.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi guys, just wanted to share that even though it says that you must be present in Canada in order to take the test, you might be able to take it outside of Canada, case by case situations I guess. I just received an email to take the test and it says that if you are currently outside of Canada, please let us know so that we can accommodate you. As I’m currently outside of Canada and wouldn’t be able to make it back within the next 21 days, therefore I emailed them back stating that I’m outside of Canada, what are my options? Surprisingly, They replied back to me within an hour stating that I can take the test from my current location!!! Was shocked but super happy to receive such reply. Just wanted to share since maybe someone else is also currently outside of Canada and experiencing Delays returning back before the test due.
NOTE: I didn’t ask to rescheduled my test, I just simply asked what are my options since I’m outside of Canada. Also, if you are currently outside of Canada and unable to take the test in Canada, don’t just blindly take the test from wherever you are, better email CIC first to get their confirmation just to be on the safe side.
Wow great news! I guess the most important thing is to inform them first!

Last edited:
Reactions: im2kool

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
My application has been updated today! Language, Prohibitions and Physical presence have all been changed to Completed as of this morning. Decision Made is now shown on ECAS as well.

congratulations ..
What was your processing office?

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Called ircc today. The agent told me that the officer need for time to investigate on my application.If anything is needed I will be contacted. Very much upset n depressed.
I hold a RAIC pass which is required at a high security area at the airport. All RCMP checks were already carried out. Where I declared all address and employers for last 10 years. Not sure what IRCC is doing different.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Called ircc today. The agent told me that the officer need for time to investigate on my application.If anything is needed I will be contacted. Very much upset n depressed.
I hold a RAIC pass which is required at a high security area at the airport. All RCMP checks were already carried out. Where I declared all address and employers for last 10 years. Not sure what IRCC is doing different.
Not a news you expected but if you are confident that there is nothing wrong in your application then don't stress too much. We all are in this together, like similar to pandemic situation!

Reactions: Canadiann2020

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
My application has been updated today! Language, Prohibitions and Physical presence have all been changed to Completed as of this morning. Decision Made is now shown on ECAS as well.
Congratulations. This is how many days after your test was marked completed on the portal? Thank you :)

Tobyvan94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Congrats! When did you passed the test? Are you urgent processing?