+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
I took the exam on last Sunday and my partner took it today. We both passed. My test status has changed to completed hers is just too new. Waiting for next steps.
Do you mind share when your background check completed? New tracker indicates the date

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hello everyone,
I took the exam on last Sunday and my partner took it today. We both passed. My test status has changed to completed hers is just too new. Waiting for next steps.
Congrats. So around 4/5 days after you pass, it gets updated in portal? I passed this Thursday.

twranks

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Whoa, everyone is getting exam invites already? I haven't gotten anything since my AOR in January. Should I be worried?

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Same, Apr 23 in the top right corner for both me & my wife
My application update date changed to May21st. Not sure if it's because I called them and changed my email id on file on May 20th or the local office is trying to update something but before mine was the same as everyone April23rd.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whoa, everyone is getting exam invites already? I haven't gotten anything since my AOR in January. Should I be worried?
My relative is in the same boat. Probably lots of travels is causing the delays.

Oct 12, 2018
Hi, I hope everybody has a good day and staying safe. I haven't yet applied for passport and still not eligible until Fall. I d like to ask you a question (in case somebody know) From you spread sheet I noticed that people are waiting for passports for over 12 months. If I apply in Fall my home country passport will expire in period of application (10 months after I will send in application) is there a way to just update information about passport change or I should change it before hand? Did anybody changed province in period of application, does it affect application process? Last thing is, do I need to submit police background check and would it be just Canadian ? (for last 5 years I lived in Canada, but in last 10 years I lived in 6 countries for over 6 months each; I need to provide all police certifications for PR and now they all expired).
Thank you in advance and have a good day=)
Sergey

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi, I hope everybody has a good day and staying safe. I haven't yet applied for passport and still not eligible until Fall. I d like to ask you a question (in case somebody know) From you spread sheet I noticed that people are waiting for passports for over 12 months. If I apply in Fall my home country passport will expire in period of application (10 months after I will send in application) is there a way to just update information about passport change or I should change it before hand? Did anybody changed province in period of application, does it affect application process? Last thing is, do I need to submit police background check and would it be just Canadian ? (for last 5 years I lived in Canada, but in last 10 years I lived in 6 countries for over 6 months each; I need to provide all police certifications for PR and now they all expired).
Thank you in advance and have a good day=)
Sergey
Hi Sergey

1)is there a way to just update information about passport change? YES https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
2)Did anybody changed province in period of application, does it affect application process? People did. It should not change by lots as test and oath are online.
3)do I need to submit police background check and would it be just Canadian ? I looked at CIT0007 document checklist. As per document checklist,
-You must submit a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row for the 4 years immediately before the date of your application. If you landed to Canada from country A, you do not need Police clearance from country A unless u went back for 183+ days.

More information here https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0007e-2.pdf

Good luck

Anton

Reactions: Sergeydyumin1990