+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 TRV Online -Timelines

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Hi guys,

I submitted my biometrics at USCIS Application Support Center on July 18th and there's still no update in the biometrics section on the online application yet. Does anyone know the timeline for this?

Also, my timeline is

July 13- Submitted online
July 15 - 3 e-mail updates regarding my application.
July 18 - Biometrics given
July 19 - Email updates (nothing changed online though)

Nothing since ....
what ate the processing times?

Cavatina

Jul 26, 2017
Oops, sorry. I have a Vietnamese passport and I'm applying from the US. Not sure what you mean by the processing times but the processing time they have for online applications from the US on their website is 20 days right now.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Oops, sorry. I have a Vietnamese passport and I'm applying from the US. Not sure what you mean by the processing times but the processing time they have for online applications from the US on their website is 20 days right now.
Ok , good luck.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Just received refusal:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
Please note that only the grounds that are checked
off apply to the refusal of your application.
The following three were checked:
immigration status in country of residence
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Purpose of visit
Sorry to hear that. Quick question: What documents did you uploaded ? Can we get the checklist ?
Best luck for future applications.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Sorry to hear that. Quick question: What documents did you uploaded ? Can we get the checklist ?
Best luck for future applications.
The following three were checked:
1) immigration status in country of residence: I have been working and residing in Dubai for the last 19 years where visa is renewed every 3 years which was happening during the past 19 years. The current one expires in May 2018 and would be renewed as usual. I have an annual salary of around CAD $160,000 and provided a salary certificate stating I am still on the top of my job.

Family ties in Canada and in country of residence: I have 2 brothers and one sister in Canada , one sister in Dubai and the rest of the family in Lebanon: brothers and sisters , and some are in different parts of the world.

Purpose of visit: I am accompanying my minor son (16.5 years old) who was admitted to UBC - Engineering.
I requested 2 weeks to make sure he settles smoothly.

Luckily, they did not check off the travel history ( 2 visits to the US in the past 2 years the last one was 2 weeks ago spent 3 weeks in the US , valid US visa , 2 visits to UK , 1 visit to Sweden ) or about finances, I provided a balance of CAD $ 40,000 + House ownership.

Documents submitted:

Uploaded Filename: IMM5257E.pdf
Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)
Uploaded Filename: Travel History.pdf
Travel History (required)
Uploaded Filename: Invitations.pdf
Invitation Letter (required): from my sister.
photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
Uploaded Filename: Purpose.pdf
Purpose of Travel - Other (required)
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required) : Balance of CAD$ 40,000 +house ownership in Dubai.
Uploaded Filename: Proof Relation.pdf
Proof of Relationship (required)
Uploaded Filename: IMM5645E.pdf
Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
Uploaded Filename: IMM5257B_1.pdf
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) (required)
Uploaded Filename: Letter of Explanation.pdf
Letter of Explanation (required)

My question is that how can I rectify this ? It seems difficult !!
Any suggestion is very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Mcing

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
Online application status has been updated to approved. Visa granted until the expiry of passports.
Applied for self n wife on 7th july 2017 at VFS chandigarh. It is my first visa application for any country. No travel history for me. My wife did visit canada once in 2014. Feeling very happy. A lot of thanks to Bryanna.

Reactions: UBC 2017 and Mcing

pp572

Aug 11, 2017
Online application status has been updated to approved. Visa granted until the expiry of passports.
Applied for self n wife on 7th july 2017 at VFS chandigarh. It is my first visa application for any country. No travel history for me. My wife did visit canada once in 2014. Feeling very happy. A lot of thanks to Bryanna.
Hi Nimma78

is the same updated on vfs chandigarh site also?