Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
GAZZZ said:
Why don't you ask your local community centre if they could help you. You can also go to The closest YMCA and explain for them your citation. I'm sure there is a way to work it out. Hopefully You can put your child for a couple of days there.

there is a phone number in your invitation letter. Call them and ask them if there is any way to bring your child to the test centre.

Good luck
Thanks for your advice, GAZZZ

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPdate on my file:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 19, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 3, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

ssverma

Apr 25, 2011
Update

So I had my Citizenship test on Tuesday, 3rd February in Scarborough office. The test was quite simple, and I was done in 3 minutes, even the facilitator was looking at my face. :)

I waited 15 minutes for my turn for interview, and the interviewer asked me about some documents - two pieces of ID, passport, Landed documents. She checked my stamps, and asked few questions. The facilitator informed during the class that the Oath will be on 23rd February; I told the interviewer that I am not in the country during that time. After two hours I got call from the same facilitator who wanted to confirm my address. I called CIC call centre today, and they informed me that they are aware of my holiday plans, and they will be scheduling something after my vacations....

P.S: I never received test letter because my address on file was wrong; therefore, the facilitator called me to inquire about my address.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 10, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting
us.

3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2015.

4. Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 23, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will
contact you.

No.4 is the new line. I am now getting excited. I hope to get an invitation to take the test soon :)

Feb 7, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 13, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 4, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssverma said:
Update

So I had my Citizenship test on Tuesday, 3rd February in Scarborough office. The test was quite simple, and I was done in 3 minutes, even the facilitator was looking at my face. :)

I waited 15 minutes for my turn for interview, and the interviewer asked me about some documents - two pieces of ID, passport, Landed documents. She checked my stamps, and asked few questions. The facilitator informed during the class that the Oath will be on 23rd February; I told the interviewer that I am not in the country during that time. After two hours I got call from the same facilitator who wanted to confirm my address. I called CIC call centre today, and they informed me that they are aware of my holiday plans, and they will be scheduling something after my vacations....

P.S: I never received test letter because my address on file was wrong; therefore, the facilitator called me to inquire about my address.
I guess you didnt read about the experiences of those who asked to reschedule oath due to travel plans? They got RQs instead of oath invitations.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My wife as the Citizenship Test scheduled for Monday February 16 in Mississauga but I also know that is a holiday (Family day). Does anyone know if CIC will be open that day? I am just curious because I would think that would not have scheduled her knowing February 16 is a Holiday. Thanks

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
As far as i know, govt. Offices are opened on tht dat

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
djoli said:
Hi all,

My wife as the Citizenship Test scheduled for Monday February 16 in Mississauga but I also know that is a holiday (Family day). Does anyone know if CIC will be open that day? I am just curious because I would think that would not have scheduled her knowing February 16 is a Holiday. Thanks
there is a number on the bottom of your test invitation letter. why don't you call and ask them ? they are pretty friendly people and they will help.

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
I passed my test today. It was pretty simple. 20 out of 20.

my advise to the people who are preparing for the test read everything even the explanation below the photos and pictures.

Good Luck

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are correct, we just got confirmation that government offices will be open that day. Thanks a lot.

zsha said:
As far as i know, govt. Offices are opened on tht dat

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! sounds pretty good. What is your local office?

GAZZZ said:

my advise to the people who are preparing for the test read everything even the explanation below the photos and pictures.

Good Luck

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
GAZZZ said:

Good Luck
Congrats Gazzz,

Could you offer more information about the interview? And what about oath date is they will give you oath invitation at the time of interview?

Thanks,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Hi all,

Family day is an Ontario holiday, not a federal one.