July 2014 Citizenship Applications

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
HI All ,

I sent my application today July 2nd ..and will be received on July 3rd at 10:30 AM

Single Application ..

Can someone send me the spreadsheet to add my timeline please

Good luck All
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
I have a question please

citezenchip application submitted march 14
application was sent to Mississauga office june 04 2014

this is a minor application which means no test or interview, only oath.
can any body advise what is the next step?

sarah180

May 29, 2014
Hello everyone. I am applying July 15 and I am wondering how long is usually take them to start processing the applications? I am applying from Vancouver and I think I should send my application to Sydney. Hopefully we wont face the new rules. I guess if the process start, it means the application is safe !
Thanks and good luck every one!

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
sarah180 said:
Hello everyone. I am applying July 15 and I am wondering how long is usually take them to start processing the applications? I am applying from Vancouver and I think I should send my application to Sydney. Hopefully we wont face the new rules. I guess if the process start, it means the application is safe !
Thanks and good luck every one!
Good luck. Note that you MUST send your application to Sydney :).

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Your questions were not unusual. It's a time constraint :). here's my take:

1. I'm not sure about the average return time, but I've heard there is an additional 2-3 months of delay if all else is good. After that delay, processing resumes and you should expect another 2-3 months before test.

2. It's precarious. I wouldn't know. It happened during my PR application process (never trusted ECAS, just called CIC to get updates).

3. I don't know.

Thanks a lot ES. My apologies for expecting a quick answer. :)

My idea behind asking those questions was to decide if could plan a very short trip (about 2-3 weeks) outside Canada. However, I am still not decided on this.

Three options that I have is 1) I go as soon as I file and utilize the time before the processing starts 2) to wait till I receive the confirmation that the file has come in process or returned 3) Don't go at all.

With Bill C-24 in action, if for some reasons the file gets returned (missing information/document) the time lost (2-3 months) will be very crucial. Since nobody knows for sure until now when are the clauses coming in effect.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
thepolestar said:
Thanks a lot ES. My apologies for expecting a quick answer. :)

My idea behind asking those questions was to decide if could plan a very short trip (about 2-3 weeks) outside Canada. However, I am still not decided on this.

Three options that I have is 1) I go as soon as I file and utilize the time before the processing starts 2) to wait till I receive the confirmation that the file has come in process or returned 3) Don't go at all.

With Bill C-24 in action, if for some reasons the file gets returned (missing information/document) the time lost (2-3 months) will be very crucial. Since nobody knows for sure until now when are the clauses coming in effect.
That's a legitimate concern - I have something similar and plan to avoid any travel in near future (because I can), but I believe traveling immediately after you get confirmation that your envelope has been received, then you have some peace of mind. They will not open your application until 2-3 months upon receipt. Therefore, I believe you could travel as soon as you submit...

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
That's a legitimate concern - I have something similar and plan to avoid any travel in near future (because I can), but I believe traveling immediately after you get confirmation that your envelope has been received, then you have some peace of mind. They will not open your application until 2-3 months upon receipt. Therefore, I believe you could travel as soon as you submit...
So you think I should go after my physical application envelope is received and before the processing begins (which is taking average time of 1.5 to 2 months these days).

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Hi Guys,

I just have a question- does the time you lived in Canada before you got the resident status count towards the citizenship?
I moved to Canada almost 8 years ago (as an international student and afterwords work permit) and just applied for PR and it would suck if they don't count any years spend here before I got the PR :(

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
thepolestar said:
So you think I should go after my physical application envelope is received and before the processing begins (which is taking average time of 1.5 to 2 months these days).
I have no disclaimer for this :D. But plan well -- i doubt they'll finish initial review of your file within 2-3 weeks of submission, chances are too small...

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
katie26 said:
Hi Guys,

I just have a question- does the time you lived in Canada before you got the resident status count towards the citizenship?
I moved to Canada almost 8 years ago (as an international student and afterwords work permit) and just applied for PR and it would suck if they don't count any years spend here before I got the PR :(
Suppose you apply today, July 3, 2014. The time window they will consider is your presence since July 3, 2010. If you became a PR on July 3 2012, then every day from July 3, 2010 to July 3, 2012 counts as have day of presence, i.e. one year. The rest, counts as full, i.e. 2 years. Thus, if you never left Canada, you would technically be eligible to send your application on July 4, 2014 with 1096 days of physical presence (as well as basic residence).

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do they decide which CIC office our file will go?

if they decide based on our address. what if we change our address after the application?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
def_col_male said:
How do they decide which CIC office our file will go?

if they decide based on our address. what if we change our address after the application?
You have to notify them of address changes (call).

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Q. 6F in the application form. If you notice in the notes along with this question, in the second last line, it says " if you answered yes, you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records."

But nowhere in the Document Checklist does it says we have to put our work papers such as paystubs, job letter etc. It only asks you about your education record. Also in the instruction guide also it doesn't says that we have to attach our job letter etc. It talks only about our education records and what kind of education records we have to attach.

Please Clarify?

???

KUNAL_B

Jul 3, 2014
Hey Guys

I applied for my citizenship today with 1210 days on the file. I hope it all goes well.

Cheers and good luck to all