July 2014 Citizenship Applications

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lethbridgeian said:
What does " received line disappeared" means.

So as per my ecas. ..everything normal?
It means work is being done on your file... best case scenario transfer to local office to que for test

iambless

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/06/2010
Doc's Request.
11/11/2010
AOR Received.
11/08/2010
File Transfer...
14/07/2010
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
01/03/2010
Interview........
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
08/09/2011
Hello everyone
I did my test today at Scarborough and passed with 20/20. I got my invite to citizenship ceremony for January 15. Good luck to everyone.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Update on my e-cas (I initially received email AOR):

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 8, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on December 19, 2014. The Montréal office will contact you

I guess I might be getting Test invite soon.

lethbridgeian

Dec 16, 2014
sylvia27 said:
Update on my e-cas (I initially received email AOR):

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 8, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on December 19, 2014. The Montréal office will contact you

I guess I might be getting Test invite soon.
Same Ecas status for me. .but my file tfd to Edmonton

Sassy22

Nov 5, 2014
i am a july applicant 2014 from edmonton, but i do not see on my ecas that my file was transferred to edmonton office, yet three agents told my file is in edmonton office , do not appear on ecas since nov 2014? thats when the first agent confirmed

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Sassy22 said:
i am a july applicant 2014 from edmonton, but i do not see on my ecas that my file was transferred to edmonton office, yet three agents told my file is in edmonton office , do not appear on ecas since nov 2014? thats when the first agent confirmed
sassy- wait and check your ecas tonight again.

bbears

Sep 11, 2014
Hi all!

my common law partner has applied last July 2014 for Citizenship.
He did not include a copy of his Landing Paper when he sent his application since it accidentally lost but he applied for VOS last May.
He attached an explanation letter on his application stating that he applied for a replacement of his Landing Paper with the receipt of payment and was we processing waiting for it. The processing times were 6 months.

He just received a copy of his landing paper from CIC yesterday via email. We are wondering if he needs to send a copy of it to CIC to be attached on his application or just wait for any news from them. On his ECAS, it is indicated that his application is on process already.

I hope somebody could help us and share their experience about this situation.

Thanks a lot!

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbears said:
Hi all!

my common law partner has applied last July 2014 for Citizenship.
He did not include a copy of his Landing Paper when he sent his application since it accidentally lost but he applied for VOS last May.
He attached an explanation letter on his application stating that he applied for a replacement of his Landing Paper with the receipt of payment and was we processing waiting for it. The processing times were 6 months.

He just received a copy of his landing paper from CIC yesterday via email. We are wondering if he needs to send a copy of it to CIC to be attached on his application or just wait for any news from them. On his ECAS, it is indicated that his application is on process already.

I hope somebody could help us and share their experience about this situation.

Thanks a lot!
My case was similar to this... I sent an explanation letter along with the application that I lost the landing paper. I received my VOS but dont have plan to send it, as we need to carry it anyways on the test date. I thought that would be a better idea.

bbears

Sep 11, 2014
gtareddy said:
My case was similar to this... I sent an explanation letter along with the application that I lost the landing paper. I received my VOS but dont have plan to send it, as we need to carry it anyways on the test date. I thought that would be a better idea.
Thank you for your quick response.
I did call CIC about it just a while ago and the agent told me no need to send it. Just keep it and wait for their notice if he'll need to send a copy of it or carry it for the test.

When did you apply by the way?
My partner's timeline is as follows:

Applied last July 2014.
Returned Sept 2014 because photos were not signed and dated. They have not asked anything about the Landing Paper.
Corrected photos and sent back right away the whole package.
With ECAS it says that the application is on process from November 17, 2014.

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So for the dates in your passport if the dates are not in Georgian calender format? Would the translation company convert them into a Georgian dates? Or do they just simply change the numbers into English numbers?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbears said:
Thank you for your quick response.
I did call CIC about it just a while ago and the agent told me no need to send it. Just keep it and wait for their notice if he'll need to send a copy of it or carry it for the test.

When did you apply by the way?
My partner's timeline is as follows:

Applied last July 2014.
Returned Sept 2014 because photos were not signed and dated. They have not asked anything about the Landing Paper.
Corrected photos and sent back right away the whole package.
With ECAS it says that the application is on process from November 17, 2014.
bbears.. when it says "in process" it is always good idea to wait for their letter in case they need anything. You are in good shape. All the best

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
bbears.. when it says "in process" it is always good idea to wait for their letter in case they need anything. You are in good shape. All the best
My eCas is still showing received :(
No updates since email AOR and ecas access and as usual call centre was not helpful.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
My eCas is still showing received :(
No updates since email AOR and ecas access and as usual call centre was not helpful.
Don't worry, you are not alone. Your ECAS is just not updating just like myself (system glitch). Did you try calling them again for update?

I believe you should expect a letter in coming days.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I did my test today, scored 20/20 at Scarborough office. I was given a letter to attend citizenship ceremony January 15. I hope everyone will hear great news very soon!