July 2012 PR Applications

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Hamad,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Perhaps, I might be in a similar situation as yourself.

While sending the application, i thought that they will count the time from the day i started full time work (not co-op) after graduating from the program. Problem is, that full time work was done on Off Campus Work Permit which was extended so that I could keep working till i get my PGWP.

The latest Operational Bulletin clearly says that anywork done as Co-op or on a Off Campus Work Permit will not be counted.

Do you guys know if the previous OB didnot specify this?

Worst case scenario, apply again under the new rules - only 12 month required. But getting police certificates, again!!!

hamad0313

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
when I was applying I checked their regulations and website , it was clearly mentioned that the work exp will be counted from the date canadian credentials obtained, thats why I waited for couple of extra week and submitted my application, now looks like they have started following the new interpretation somehow, I checked again the regulations its still written there. Anyway, it does not matter what we think or how we interpret.

InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Hamad,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Perhaps, I might be in a similar situation as yourself.

While sending the application, i thought that they will count the time from the day i started full time work (not co-op) after graduating from the program. Problem is, that full time work was done on Off Campus Work Permit which was extended so that I could keep working till i get my PGWP.

The latest Operational Bulletin clearly says that anywork done as Co-op or on a Off Campus Work Permit will not be counted.

Do you guys know if the previous OB didnot specify this?

Worst case scenario, apply again under the new rules - only 12 month required. But getting police certificates, again!!!

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
hamad0313 said:
I applied on April 9, and just got it this afternoon, no medical request yet! I guess my file is stuck with some senior officer
Hi Hamad - whats your ECAS status?

Ozge

Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
This detail always created confusion and I am in the same boat as you. I talked to couple of past applicants and came to the conclusion that they count the experience after your diploma/degree date. Being on off campus work permit during that time doesn't matter, obviously it is a transition period. So I am hoping we should be Ok. The key is the diploma date. It is still nerve recking though. Fingers crossed!

hamad0313 said:
when I was applying I checked their regulations and website , it was clearly mentioned that the work exp will be counted from the date canadian credentials obtained, thats why I waited for couple of extra week and submitted my application, now looks like they have started following the new interpretation somehow, I checked again the regulations its still written there. Anyway, it does not matter what we think or how we interpret.

hamad0313

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
May be that fucking idiot has forwarded rest of the july applications to superior due to the same reason, thats why medical requests have stopped coming.

Ozge said:
This detail always created confusion and I am in the same boat as you. I talked to couple of past applicants and came to the conclusion that they count the experience after your diploma/degree date. Being on off campus work permit during that time doesn't matter, obviously it is a transition period. So I am hoping we should be Ok. The key is the diploma date. It is still nerve recking though. Fingers crossed!

Ozge

Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
I am sure this is a very common situation so I would think that a senior VO would see this right away. Initial evaluations are probably done by entry level employees and their checklists :)))) Just trying to think positively cuz I would be so annoyed if they screw this up. Some of their instructions are not clear at all and people have to deal with the consequences of it.

hamad0313 said:
May be that *censored word*ing idiot has forwarded rest of the july applications to superior due to the same reason, thats why medical requests have stopped coming.

hamad0313

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
yeah you are correct, even his code starts with PO so he might be a PEON or something....fucking low life scumbag :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ozge said:
I am sure this is a very common situation so I would think that a senior VO would see this right away. Initial evaluations are probably done by entry level employees and their checklists :)))) Just trying to think positively cuz I would be so annoyed if they screw this up. Some of their instructions are not clear at all and people have to deal with the consequences of it.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
hamad0313 said:
yeah you are correct, even his code starts with PO so he might be a PEON or something....*censored word*ing low life scumbag :mad: :mad: :mad:
we all know what they are, I myself have been treated not like a human being by them since 2001, we don't have to name call them, we already know.
plus for me and you they hurt us, but for others they gave them quick immigration so they are heroes for them. it is all relative...

CECAUG1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP, Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
August 23
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2013
Med's Request
May 29th 2013
Med's Done....
June 10th 2013
hamad0313 said:
Ok.......so I got my GCMS notes today, they show that criminality is in process. Eligibility requires further review, and is in process since Mar 23, 2013. The visa officer named P001003 is not satisfied that I accumulated one year of experience, he is counting days from the date of PGWP which is in my case July 17, 2011 and not from the award of degree which was May 23, 2011. So he had transferred my file to someone named RC-6262............*censored word*ing idiot. Please, guy pray for me maybe the senior officer will be little lenient otherwise, REJECTION:(:(:(:(
[/quote

I hope it will get through.......good luck hamad

CECAUG1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP, Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
August 23
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2013
Med's Request
May 29th 2013
Med's Done....
June 10th 2013
hamad0313 said:
May be that *censored word*ing idiot has forwarded rest of the july applications to superior due to the same reason, thats why medical requests have stopped coming.
well its quite a guess........hard to say that every july applicant is waiting because of the same reason......

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Hamad & Ozge,

Just trying to figure this thing out. As Ozge has mentioned, its really nerve wracking for me.

I was checking the bulletin in section 9.11 - which deals with Work Experience criteria.

Section 9.11 - states for CEC's Temp.FW stream - a 24 months of work experience is required. It doesn't state anything about the type of WP under which this experience was gained.

for PG stream - there it states that work performed under the off-Campus Work Permit Program or on a Co-Op Work Term does not count.

(OB can be accessed here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf)

Interestingly, the Justice Laws website, which has all the regulations, clearly states the following under the latest CEC section:

"any period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study shall not be included in calculating a period of work experience"
(can be seen here:http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
click on 87.1 - read under section 3 (a))

which literally says what Ozge has said earlier - counting starts from the date of graduation.

I'm very much concerned because I am facing few issues with one of the CPC offices due to their inconsistent decisions. Some VOs are either making errors or perhaps using their own discretion - hence, inconsistency in applying the published and clearly defined qualifying criteria. I just want to be prepared that if they object, instead of applying again, we can ask them to re-consider and review, specially if other applicants in similar situations have got their PRs without any objection.

Just my opinion. Would be grateful to hear from other members who had similar situation but already got their MRs.

cheers.

junione2

Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received by Sydney on 26th July 2012
Doc's Request.
RCMP police certificate requested on 5th May 2013
AOR Received.
20th Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
20th Aug 2012
Med's Request
27th Mar 2013
Med's Done....
11th Apr 2013(e-cas updated "Medical results have been received" on 5th July 2013)
Passport Req..
22th July 2013 - RPRF & Biodata, PPR received same day(e-cas updated "Decision made" on 18th July 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
13th Aug 2013 - CIC received passport on 24th July 2013
LANDED..........
16th Aug 2013 - passport back on 15th Aug 2013 and landed at Abbotsford huntingdon border
calgaryboy24 said:
Hi junione2,

Did you receive any other request from CIC like biodata or to make payment ?

I emailed CIC yesterday asking for update if they have received my medicals or not. i saw some applicants got biodata and payment request days after they got MR. I am wondering why its taking alot of time by CIC. my ecas status is still application received.
hi! calgaryboy24!!
Nothing received after medical request.
I'm not received RPRF & Biodata yet, still waiting..............!
No updated E-cas still "Application Received"

I hope we can get PPR with RPRF & Biodata same time.
how did you send an email to CIC.
for example, email address and how did you wrote?
It is good to hear that CIC received your medical result.

hamad0313

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
this is what I based my cec application on. But now cic has repealed this section.

This version of section 87.1 is in force from 2011-03-03 to 2013-01-01A
foreign national is a member of the Canadian experience class if
(a) they (i) have acquired in Canada within the 24 months before the day on which their application for permanent residence is made at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, and have acquired that work experience after having obtained
(A) a diploma
, degree or trade or apprenticeship credential issued on the completion of a program of full-time study or training of at least two years’ duration at a public, provincially recognized post-secondary educational or training institution in Canada

so the qualifying period would be from the date Degree was issued to the date application was made. Its just the stubbornness on their part to consider new period in every case. If you search on this forum they had also rejected applications where the work permit was issued before the convocation ceremony, saying that qualifying period starts from the date when degree was awarded not the PGWP date.

I am glad I found it out if they will reject me I will try to repeal their decision. What do you guys think did I interpret it correctly????

InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Hamad & Ozge,

Just trying to figure this thing out. As Ozge has mentioned, its really nerve wracking for me.

I was checking the bulletin in section 9.11 - which deals with Work Experience criteria.

Section 9.11 - states for CEC's Temp.FW stream - a 24 months of work experience is required. It doesn't state anything about the type of WP under which this experience was gained.

for PG stream - there it states that work performed under the off-Campus Work Permit Program or on a Co-Op Work Term does not count.

(OB can be accessed here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf)

Interestingly, the Justice Laws website, which has all the regulations, clearly states the following under the latest CEC section:

"any period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study shall not be included in calculating a period of work experience"
(can be seen here:http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
click on 87.1 - read under section 3 (a))

which literally says what Ozge has said earlier - counting starts from the date of graduation.

I'm very much concerned because I am facing few issues with one of the CPC offices due to their inconsistent decisions. Some VOs are either making errors or perhaps using their own discretion - hence, inconsistency in applying the published and clearly defined qualifying criteria. I just want to be prepared that if they object, instead of applying again, we can ask them to re-consider and review, specially if other applicants in similar situations have got their PRs without any objection.

Just my opinion. Would be grateful to hear from other members who had similar situation but already got their MRs.

cheers.

mangcang88

Dec 10, 2012
I also faced this transition period issue. I had 2 1/2 full time under off campus work permit but I didn't notice this tricky time until long time ago after application. Anyway, cross fingers for July guys.