App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
File Transfer...
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
CIC Updated!! 69 days working on July 26!!! hopefully within the next week or so I can join the ranks of the other Julyers!! So close....

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Guys finally got my approval 2day, it was sent 25th Sept,Thanks Bagel!! for ur encouraging words, please update the sheet ;)

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
For those of you that were waiting for CSQ, I called today and told them it has been longer than the 20 days, and they told me...

MY UNDERTAKING AND CSQ WAS APPROVED TODAY!! :D :D :D

Will get it next week in the mail!! yayy... those of you behind me, you're coming next!!

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avana said:
For those of you that were waiting for CSQ, I called today and told them it has been longer than the 20 days, and they told me...

MY UNDERTAKING AND CSQ WAS APPROVED TODAY!! :D :D :D

Will get it next week in the mail!! yayy... those of you behind me, you're coming next!!
Hey, excellent news. Congrats! :D

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
thanks mmacedo!! :)

redivivus

Oct 4, 2012
Hello All!

New member but a long time reader. An outstanding resource for detailed and accurate info!

My story in brief:

I applied for my wife's spousal application on 18-Jul-2012
Received an email acknowledging receipt of my application on 24-Aug-2012
Received a letter confirming that I have met the eligibility requirements for a sponsor and that my file has been forwarded to the New Delhi office for processing on 28-Aug-2012

However, I have not received any further communication from them as to the next steps so it has me a bit worried. Perhaps you chaps (and ladies) can steer me in the right direction ?

What is the approximate wait time for the request for her passport ?
How do they make this request ? Email/ Snail Mail/ Phone ? My address or hers ?
On average, is it reasonable to expect a successful resolution to the application by the end of the year ?

Just had a long chat with the CIC lady via phone, and they just kept steering me towards the New Delhi Office website.

sarsa13

Sep 4, 2012
Regina, SK
AOR Received.
1st October 2012
Hi guys!

I just called the CIC automated call centre and was told my application was received on July 23rd. Is this kind of an AOR? :)

I also just logged into e-cas and it says my application was received July 23rd and my medical results were received.

sarsa13

Sep 4, 2012
Regina, SK
AOR Received.
1st October 2012
Kyle18: For some reason I can't reply to pm's I think I don't have enough posts yet! I hope you see this!

I signed into e-cas using the client id that's on my visitor visa, the same that was on my previous working holiday visa's. I'm the principle applicant and I was able to use that client id and my surname and d.o.b. This is the first day it allowed my to sign in using these details.
Also when I inputted my client i.d. I left out the "-" in between the numbers. I hope this helps! :)

I think the time can vary for different people, sometimes it can take 2-3 weeks to be able to log in after you've received your AOR! Best of luck!

kyle18

Jul 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cem
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarsa13 said:
Kyle18: For some reason I can't reply to pm's I think I don't have enough posts yet! I hope you see this!

I signed into e-cas using the client id that's on my visitor visa, the same that was on my previous working holiday visa's. I'm the principle applicant and I was able to use that client id and my surname and d.o.b. This is the first day it allowed my to sign in using these details.
Also when I inputted my client i.d. I left out the "-" in between the numbers. I hope this helps! :)

I think the time can vary for different people, sometimes it can take 2-3 weeks to be able to log in after you've received your AOR! Best of luck!

Tnx sarsa13 i checked it already and it was application recv., i hope and pray for the approval., i sent it august 17 and they recv it august 21 and i recv AOR last sept 27., i hope and pray for a success! God is Good!

JennaJ86

Apr 25, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
AOR Received.
Oct. 3rd, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct. 5th, 2012
Med's Done....
May 31st, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
May 5th, 2013
LANDED..........
June 14th, 2013
We're now on ecas too!

Just logged in with my client ID they gave me yesterday and it's finally on there! Just says application was received but still, at least we're showing up now! I was getting so worried that our application was lost, so any news is good news :)

kyle18

Jul 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cem
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JennaJ86 said:
We're now on ecas too!

Just logged in with my client ID they gave me yesterday and it's finally on there! Just says application was received but still, at least we're showing up now! I was getting so worried that our application was lost, so any news is good news :)
Ahahaha you know what im a little bit crazy yesterday because im so worried that my ecas is not working and i cant see nothing! Oh my it was just me! I put the wrong no., when i log in., ahaha joke time! Good luck to all of us.,

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
motorcyclerider said:
Might give them a call next week. Quick question to those who have called. What kind of info. will they ask you for on the phone to confirm your identity? I want to know so that I can make sure I have all the info. ready like passport numbers and stuff when they ask me. Thanks. And how long did it take you guys to get through? I will be calling from overseas so hope they don't put me on hold too long.
Hey motorcyclerider. I just said I was the person being sponsored and supplied my full name (including middle name) DOB and the day Iit was received by CIC. That was enough for them to bring up the details. I called when marcopolocan said to call. A few minutes before 8am Mississauga time. It was a Monday morning for me. I did get put on hold for about 10-15 minutes. I called the +6139444000 number and then dialled the extensions 1,2,1,1,2,1,0 and it went straight through to being on hold.
I called from Aus too so I know it will be a little more expensive, but worth the piece of mind in my opinion!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Teni said:
Guys finally got my approval 2day, it was sent 25th Sept,Thanks Bagel!! for ur encouraging words, please update the sheet ;)
Congrats Teni! So glad you didn't have to wait the full three weeks. Spreadsheet updated- good luck with stage 2!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
sarsa13 said:
Hi guys!

I just called the CIC automated call centre and was told my application was received on July 23rd. Is this kind of an AOR? :)

I also just logged into e-cas and it says my application was received July 23rd and my medical results were received.
Hey sarsa- yep ! Congrats, that's an AOR. Hopefully your approval wont be too far off :)

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
redivivus said:
Hello All!

New member but a long time reader. An outstanding resource for detailed and accurate info!

My story in brief:

I applied for my wife's spousal application on 18-Jul-2012
Received an email acknowledging receipt of my application on 24-Aug-2012
Received a letter confirming that I have met the eligibility requirements for a sponsor and that my file has been forwarded to the New Delhi office for processing on 28-Aug-2012

However, I have not received any further communication from them as to the next steps so it has me a bit worried. Perhaps you chaps (and ladies) can steer me in the right direction ?

What is the approximate wait time for the request for her passport ?
How do they make this request ? Email/ Snail Mail/ Phone ? My address or hers ?
On average, is it reasonable to expect a successful resolution to the application by the end of the year ?

Just had a long chat with the CIC lady via phone, and they just kept steering me towards the New Delhi Office website.
Hey redivivus,
Just from looking at other applicants going through New Delhi, they generally request the passport earlier on in the second stage process.
I think there is a New Delhi thread where you may be able to get more specific info, but just looking at June, for example- someone got sponsorship approval on the 1st August, then the PPR request came on the 24th Aug. I am not sure if it comes by snail mail or email- it may vary depending on the applicant. I know generally speaking the New Delhi VO is quite fast, so you may possibly get the VISA before Christmas if you case is uncomplicated, however I think things such as request for interviews or what not might delay the process, so it's really hard to say. Hopefully the New Delhi thread might have some more specific answers for you.