+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Joint Account with Father as POF for FSW Express entry

roomy89

Jan 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

Hope you all are doing well,

I have recently received the ITA for PR under FSW program. In my response I need to give POF. I have a joint account with my father in a bank which holds ample amount to be shown, (12500 CAD) in my case. Amount in the account has been held for more than a year so 6 months statement wont be an issue. It would be great if you guys can help me with my below mentioned questions

• Can I use the joint account as a POF with the gift deed from my father clearly saying that the amount in the account is a gift to me from his side on account of me going to Canada. Would I need anything else also along with it?
  • I have my own salary account also which would hold some 3000 CAD post my recent deposit of Provident Fund. Should i declare that too?
  • Anything else like credit card information to be attached?

It would be great for me if I can get your valuable feedback on this

Regards,
AR

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't use the joint bank account with your father. The bank account needs to be in your name only. You'll need to transfer the money to a new account in your name only.

roomy89

Jan 22, 2017
scylla said:
You can't use the joint bank account with your father. The bank account needs to be in your name only. You'll need to transfer the money to a new account in your name only.

Thanks for your quick response. Would this be fine if I move the money from this joint account (which has my name) to my salary account, which is solely on my name, and then show the bank statements from both the accounts?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You will need to include a letter of explanation mentioning the source of funds. If it's a gift from your father then you need a gift deed.

roomy89

Jan 22, 2017
xpressentry said:
You will need to include a letter of explanation mentioning the source of funds. If it's a gift from your father then you need a gift deed.
Thanks for your reply. For my clarification, that would mean that the bank statement of joint account can be used with the gift deed from my father?

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
@scylla

well, my scenario is a bit same. I have an individual account on my name but the lumpsump amount was transferred from my fathers account four months ago.

I can get bank letter and Bank statement but it will only show 4 months of minimum required POF balance.
Now post ITA, shall i wait for another 2 months to submit e-APR? or i can go with 4 months of bank statemnets as well? along with a gift deed?