NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
Hi KRC,

If you are on ICT then you should choose last option against "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?" question which is like "exempted and employer specific". Also, it does take atleast 24 hours after you update your profile so please be patient :)

rajdevil3 said:
Hello,
I had created a EE profile a few weeks back. After the change in EE points system, I updated my EE profile. Currently I'm in ICT with closed WP, LMIA exempt. I was expecting 50 points but the points never updated.

So, I withdrew my profile and created a whole new one to see if this helps. I created the profile again today, and status shows all forms are "Transmitted" and "Submitted". But, the points are still not updated.

Can someone tell me if there is any thing else that triggers the 50 points?

PS: Similar to the previous response, I've updated my profile similar the one shown below

Q1: Does FirstName Lastname have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
• be for full-time and for at least one year
• meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
• be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Q2: Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
• full-time
• continuous and
• for at least one year?
YES

Q3: Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? - YES

Q4: Four digit NOC code - 2171

Q5: Job title: xxx

Q6: Information about the employer or company - ANSWERED TO ALL QUESTIONS
How many employers made this job offer?
Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
• An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
• An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
• Employer or company name?
• Contact address of employer or company
Intended location of employment in Canada
• Province or territory
• City/town
• Street address

Q7: Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? - NO
• Is FirstName LastName currently working in Canada? - YES
• Does FirstName LastName have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? - YES
• Is FirstName LastName 's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? - YES
• Has FirstName LastName been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time
work?) - YES
• Four digit NOC code of current work permit - 2171
• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - NO

Thanks,
KRC

rajdevil3

Feb 22, 2015
jagsisingh said:
Hi KRC,

If you are on ICT then you should choose last option against "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?" question which is like "exempted and employer specific". Also, it does take atleast 24 hours after you update your profile so please be patient :)
Thank you jagsisingh

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am on ICT and 3 years CEC with 478 points after 19-Nov. Waiting for my last boat ...

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
I think you will soon make to the draw. I think first few draws might go off 490 but you will get there around 2-3 months as all other high point ICT guys will get first few chances.

WP_Jun13 said:
I am on ICT and 3 years CEC with 478 points after 19-Nov. Waiting for my last boat ...

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagsisingh said:
I think you will soon make to the draw. I think first few draws might go off 490 but you will get there around 2-3 months as all other high point ICT guys will get first few chances.
The longer it takes it is difficult to keep up my additional points. since they expect an offer with 1+ post PR .. I should get in first couple of draws otherwise i may not get .. waiting again as I have been waiting for 2 years for this EE change ...

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Wondering what folks from Indian Companies are going to provide for Job Offer. Its very unlikely that these companies will give in writing any offer letter in CIC Specific format. I am ICT Work permit that is going to expire in March 2017 and company is filing my extension for next 2 years. I do have Canada Letter that we receive while ICT extension that mentions my role and responsibilities details, length of my project(2 Years) and other details. Does That suffice as Job Offer? Any suggestions\thoughts on this?

RACHIRA

Dec 20, 2016
rg74 said:
Got my 50 points :) :)
Updated the answers this morning and showing new score now.

Job offer with LMIA exempt WP
RG74: can you please help me here. i am on same work permit as yours. i updated my profile, however didn't get the 50 points. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

i chose this answer. my work permit is exempt from LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.

i still haven't got the 50 points. am i missing anything or should do anything to get 50 more points.

thank you in advance.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Does the below mean that 1 year duration of job offer is not needed (lesser duration is ok) to satisfy option a, as option b calls out 1 year of job offer letter after PR explicitly.

-------------------------

As per the Canada Gazette Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, 2016-1. It says either (a) or (b).

Qualifying offer of arranged employment
(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
I'm getting different views about the option a and b mentioned above.

Can some seniors explain what's needed for option a vs option b and what are the docs that needs to be taken care for it.

Thanks.

saphr4raj

Jun 4, 2017
Hello Experts,

I'm in a situation where current employer is delaying in providing Experience letter.

I'm on a closed work permit with my current employer with whom I have been working for almost 9 years,
7 years in India and then transferred to same employers Canadian office, and I have been working here in Canada for more than 19 months.

However, it has been very hard convincing them to provide me work experience letter to apply for my PR.

Please advise on below options.
1. I have pay stubs for past 19 months and offer letter given while landing in Canada, and experience letter given 2 year back while applying for work permit. Can these submitted?

2. My current client where I'm working for my employer is interested in hiring me after I get PR, so there are willing to provide me work experience letter and also an Informal/conditional offer letter. So, as there is a question in the online PR application 'How many employers made this job offer?',
so my question is can I say that I have 2 job offers, one from the current employer and another from the client I'm working?
Also if I submit clients experience letter & conditional offer letter will that be considered as valid?

3. Can I submit a self-attested letter stating my situation, and the email communication which shows that I was trying to get experience letter from my current employer and also submit above all the documents?

I would really appreciate any helpful advise. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Raj

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
I got my PR finally. Landed to Canada on 9th June 2017. There was lot of confusion whether to claim 50 additional points as my employer was not issuing offer letter specifying I will have job for 1 year after getting PR. I took the risk and claimed additional 50 points. Here are the alternate document which I had used to prove my offer.

1. Offer letter issued during work permit extension.
2. Employment reference letter (My employer issued Employment reference letter for my Parent Visa application. I attached the same with the application).
3. Initial offer letter which I had received in my home country.
4. Appointment letter which I had received in my home country.
5. Secondment letter.

I hope this will be useful to all aspiring candidates.

My time lines

1. EP created 16th Feb 2016 under CEC.
2. Got ITA 22nd Dec 2016
3. AOR 23 Jan 2017
4. PPR 22 April 2017