+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Join Canadian Immigrants' Rights group in Facebook!!!

F

Fernandita

Description:
try to show others our problems with CIC ,Citizenship and immigration Canada,the Delay of proceissing,
try to mke 1000 person joined to have one hand and same voice and support each other to get our immigration right.Privacy Type:

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I don't know where I stand on this issue. Maybe you could elaborate. For example, what "rights" are you demanding from Immigration? Where do these rights come from?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
how it will work?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, there are no immigration rights, except what is granted through law... Are you trying to get them to change the law?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
If the poster is thinking about pressuring CIC to work faster, we all want that to happen, including the government. But faster processing means becomeing more efficient (I'd support that, and would spend time being part of a volunteer focus group); or relaxing standards (letting in a few undesirables, which Canadians don't want, understandably); or putting more officers to work on cases (which costs more money).

If the poster is envisaging the latter, who is to pay for the additional case workers? Would this be paid for by charging applicants more? Or is the poster thinking that Canadian taxpayers should pay for this added expense?

I have scant tolerance for those who demand vague "rights" without foundation, and expect others to pay for them. But if the poster has serious recommendations to make, let's hear them.

Dec 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2009
Interview........
22-09-2009
I will admit that I'm definitely a newbie. I'm also old-school so Facebook is not the answer for me. Having said that, I agree with Toby. No one coming to Canada has the "right" to come to Canada. It is a "privelege". On the other hand, to me, it is a privelege to have married someone that I love. I just now have to prove it to the government. The whole process is long and painful but, if you truly love one another, it is worth it. I don't really like the fact that we have been apart for almost a year with no end in sight but it is what it is.

What I see is that there doesn't seem to be a set of standard guidelines in place for the officers in the various Embassies. It is hard to visualize giudelines when the rejection rates of Family Class applications vary so much between Embassies. For instance, in statistics requested by one MP, the rejection rate in Taiwan was 2%, in Beijing almost 20% and in Hong Kong almost 50%. In fact, one of the organizations that monitors everything in Beijing reported that on September 22nd, the day of my wife's interview, 14 of 17 were refused (I can not confirm this). I also believe that programs like W5 on the CBC that did two separate programs on the negative side of the news (Marriages of Convenience) without more than a 5 second spot at the end about the successes, go a long way toward making CIC and its Officers a little gun-shy.

And now, we start the Appeal process. I'm told that it may take 10 to 12 months because the offices in Toronto and Mississauga are so busy. It seems to me that Toby's suggestion that a more efficient process is in order might be a win-win situation. If the Officers in the Embassies had better guidelines that would perhaps reduce the number of rejections to more consistent levels, the offices in Toronto and Mississauga would not be as busy and the reduced number of appeals would be hanled more promptly.

I'm starting to ramble. These are only my opinions.

hbwpg

Nov 29, 2009
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-10
AOR Received.
30-11-10
File Transfer...
12-11-2010
Med's Done....
07-05-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-11
I'm sorry for your situation.

Did you and your wife find out the reason for the refusal?

jeopardyjunkie said:
I will admit that I'm definitely a newbie. I'm also old-school so Facebook is not the answer for me. Having said that, I agree with Toby. No one coming to Canada has the "right" to come to Canada. It is a "privelege". On the other hand, to me, it is a privelege to have married someone that I love. I just now have to prove it to the government. The whole process is long and painful but, if you truly love one another, it is worth it. I don't really like the fact that we have been apart for almost a year with no end in sight but it is what it is.

What I see is that there doesn't seem to be a set of standard guidelines in place for the officers in the various Embassies. It is hard to visualize giudelines when the rejection rates of Family Class applications vary so much between Embassies. For instance, in statistics requested by one MP, the rejection rate in Taiwan was 2%, in Beijing almost 20% and in Hong Kong almost 50%. In fact, one of the organizations that monitors everything in Beijing reported that on September 22nd, the day of my wife's interview, 14 of 17 were refused (I can not confirm this). I also believe that programs like W5 on the CBC that did two separate programs on the negative side of the news (Marriages of Convenience) without more than a 5 second spot at the end about the successes, go a long way toward making CIC and its Officers a little gun-shy.

And now, we start the Appeal process. I'm told that it may take 10 to 12 months because the offices in Toronto and Mississauga are so busy. It seems to me that Toby's suggestion that a more efficient process is in order might be a win-win situation. If the Officers in the Embassies had better guidelines that would perhaps reduce the number of rejections to more consistent levels, the offices in Toronto and Mississauga would not be as busy and the reduced number of appeals would be hanled more promptly.

I'm starting to ramble. These are only my opinions.

Dec 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2009
Interview........
22-09-2009
Yes, we have the refusal letter. We both believe that the decision was made before the interview took place. The interview was very short and, obviously she was nervous. Some of the questions were way out in left field. When they asked about my hobbies and she told them that I liked boating, they then asked who I boated with. In hundreds of hours of conversation and video, I had not told her that, In fact, I talked to my sister later and she doesn't know who I boated with.

In some ways, I don't fault the Officer who has a job to do. In other ways, I'm not so sure. The whole process involves a single review by a single person. There are no checks and balances. We've all had a bad day from time to time but where I work things are reviewed. Checks and balances are in place so that whenever a decision is made, we have a good chance to get it right. This does not seem to be the case with CIC.

I can't really confirm any of my thoughts. This is the first experience that I've had with CIC (and the last). I just want to get through it. I'm visiting again in January. It will be good to be with my wife again, even if it's for a short period of time. We will continue through the process. I believe that we will succeed but I know that it will take time.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Jeopardyjunkie:

How did you find out about the rejection rates in Beijing and Hong Kong? Our visa is in Hong Kong's hands, and when you say they reject 50%, that is a bit dismaying. Nowhere is the myth that bureaucracies are there to serve taxpayers more obviously false than in Taxation and Immigration matters.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I don't believe that thev complaints can be heard in the in the ministry of immigration, but let's just hope and pray.

Dec 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2009
Interview........
22-09-2009
Toby - The rejection rates in Taipei, Beijing and Hong Kong were something that Olivia Chow requested and received. I'll see if I can find more information for you. I tried to post a link but it won't let me, so go to oliviachow dot ca website. If you page down through, you should find an article entitled Spousal Rejection Rates Questioned. The other information that I have comes from a private monitoring organization in China and I really have no way of validating it.

asimkhan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/09
File Transfer...