Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
Hi Everyone

I just want to ask about job options in Calgary. I am professionally a doctor but I failed to get any job as a doctor in there. I came to Canada in 2010 for 45 days and then left because of job crisis. Now I am planning to move again in December probably. I am ready to do any kind of job now

Kindly give me a idea which jobs I can get and how much I can earn in there?
How much are living expenses are there if am living alone??

My wife and child are in Pakistan so I have to apply for their immigration too. How long will it take for them to join me in Canada

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As discussed in your other thread, right now you don't meet the residency requirement to keep your PR status. So your first issue is that you need to be able to re-enter Canada without being reported for failing to meet your residency obligation. If you are reproted, you should expect to lose your PR status. If you are not reported, you will have to remain in Canada for 2 years straight without leaving for even one day to be able to apply to renew your PR card and keep your PR status.

Your second problem is that because you don't meet the residency obligation you can't sponsor your family. You will first have to live in Canada for 2 years before you will be able to apply to sponsor your family. It will then likely take at least a year (quite possibly a lot longer) for your family's PR application to be processed.

I think it's quite unlikely they will be granted visitor visas to come and visit you in Canada while you are waiting to meet the residency obligation and then waiting for their sponsorship application to be processed.

So one of the questions you have to ask yourself before you leave for Canada is if you are ready to be separated from your family for several years in order to keep your PR status and then be able to sponsor your family for PR. If you are not ready to be separated, then it may make more sense to forget about your Canadian PR status and stay where you are now.

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
Thanks for your reply.
I first entered in canada on 1st November 2010 and then left on 15 December 2010. My pr card will expire on 14 December 2016 so if I re-enter canada before 14 december 2014 then will I safely enter canada without getting reported? And will I be able to sponsor my family too after entering there

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your dates aren't making sense. PR cards are valid for 5 years (not 6 years). So either you first entered Canada in 2011 (and not 2010) or your PR card expires in 2015 (and not 2016). Which is it?

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
Oops. Sorry I entered in 2011

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In that case yes, if you re-enter Canada before you have been outside of Canada for three years, you should be fine.

I would recommend you not wait until December 14th. Cutting it this close could still cause CIC to question your residency obligation and has the potential to delay a sponsorship application. You'd be better off entering Canada sooner (e.g. at least a month earlier - more if possible).

Note that Islamabad processing times for family sponsorship are unfortunately quite long and it is also unfortunately quite unlikely that your spouse and children will be granted TRVs. So there is still quite a big possibility that you will have to be separated from your family for 2 years while you wait for the sponsorship application to be processed.

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
Thats great. So it means that if I enter canada before 14 december then I can enter canada safely plus I can also apply for my family immigration. Am I right?
My second question is that if I enter in canada before 14 december and I live there for continuous 3 years then I can also apply for my citizenship. Right?

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Mobassir said:
Thats great. So it means that if I enter canada before 14 december then I can enter canada safely plus I can also apply for my family immigration. Am I right?
My second question is that if I enter in canada before 14 december and I live there for continuous 3 years then I can also apply for my citizenship. Right?
No, if new law clause 4/6 is enforced by that time, the new law this clause will be effective by next year june/ july (most likely). So, you have to stay for 4 years. Just on a second note, you need to pass the Canadian Licencing exams to work as a doctor in Canada, mainly known as MCCEE, please see the link below:

http://mcc.ca/examinations/mccee/

Better start preparing yourself from Pakistan for these exams, they need hell of studies and financial back up. You need to have at least CAD 10,000/- reserved for these exam fees, apart from what savings you are bring in here to live and get a job. Come mentally prepared that Doctors are going through one of the toughest time to get into the profession in Canada.

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
Thanks. I already cleared mccee but still no scope for drs in canada I guess.

Kindly answer my first question too.
whether I can apply for my family immigration if I enter canada before 14 december 2014

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Mobassir said:
Thanks. I already cleared mccee but still no scope for drs in canada I guess.

Kindly answer my first question too.
whether I can apply for my family immigration if I enter canada before 14 december 2014
I don't think you cleared all the exams including NAC OSCE and IELTS academic, if I am right you need to get them done first. Regarding your family YES, you can apply, but you have to stay all the time in Canada while application of sponsorship in process for your family. If you apply and just returned back then either your application will be delayed or abandoned. Nowadays you need to show your stability or ties in Canada once you apply they might ask you for some documents showing you are working or earning in Canada.

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
Thank you so much for your valuable time and input
God bless you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mobassir said:
No - that's not what I said (please take a look at my answer again). I said that if you cut it that close you may in fact run into issues with both your PR status and potentially the application to sponsor your family since CIC may want to verify that you do in fact meet the residency obligation. Don't cut it this close. Give ourself a buffer of at least a couple of weeks if not a month. What if there's a problem with your flights, you get delayed by a day or two, and then end up being out of Canada for more than three years? Then you'll have a big problem on your hands.

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
I got your point. It means if I reach canada by 1st of december then it will be better for me and for applying for my family immigration.

Thanks a lot

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
M back again for few queries:(

Does the period from landing inside canada till we get the pr card counts?

Secondly if it counts, then one has to spend 2 years from the date of landing till the expiry of prc to get renewal of prc??