+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer Current Employer

Feb 27, 2022
Hello,

I have a PGWP and I'm currently working full-time. My company would help to support my application for PR if needed, however, reading the requisites for a job offer on the IRCC website, there says:

if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
  • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
My current employer is not listed on my work permit since I applied for PGWP before I've got the offer.

So is there any way my employer could help with a job offer? I have a good profile but extra scores are always appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Joao

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have a PGWP and I'm currently working full-time. My company would help to support my application for PR if needed, however, reading the requisites for a job offer on the IRCC website, there says:

if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
  • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
My current employer is not listed on my work permit since I applied for PGWP before I've got the offer.

So is there any way my employer could help with a job offer? I have a good profile but extra scores are always appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Joao
Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for you to qualify for the 50 job offer points.

The rule you quoted above does not apply to you since you are on an open work permit. So an LMIA is mandatory if you want the 50 points.

Reactions: patric__