+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Market bad in Canada

sujeetss

Aug 4, 2010
Heard from one friend of mine who is working in US that the Job market in Canada is not that good. What do u guys say

kiran.sr

May 13, 2009
I was trying to find jobs in few web sites for the same telecom professionals. And i do see requirements, however a very lean number. Try ur luck.

Any plans of landing in Canada, please let me know. I'm planning to be there Jan '11.

joblinkca

Sep 14, 2010
There are not many TELECOM jobs in canada, there are in India and China, esp. R&D jobs.

Check out JOB-LINK.ca for employers and their job posting pages, which is a good way to find a job and more efficient that just googling around.

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi All,

Please I'm also interested in knowing what the job market looks like for pharmacists in Canada. A friend told me that there was some saturation being experienced in the US and I'd like to know of Canada

Thanks

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Canadian market and economy is in better shape than the US market, however, as many US companies have offices in Canada we will often feel the effect of the poorer US market.

Unfortunately, since the early 90's, downsizing and restructuring has become a common part of doing business in North America. Many companies will go through their own internal reorganization every 4-5 years even in a good economy as the quest to remain competitive is key. This is a standard part of business now and has to be understood.

Keep your skills and experience current. Continually look for opportunities to upgrade your skills and read industry trade journals, blogs etc to be current.

I've seen even the best and the brightest be impacted with restructuring. While having current skills and experience is very important it will not always save even those rising stars in an organization.

Flexibility has become key in today's job market. Five years is now considered long term service, so it's important that the workers in today's economy change their mindset as to what's realistic and "normal."

Resumeshop

Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The greatest opportunities are always found in the midst of the greatest adversity.

Know that you are good and you will succeed and any job market.

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While a lot of people think the job market is completely dead over the holidays, I disagree. Yes, a number of employees will be taking a week or two off, but every year I see another trend. Companies, whose fiscal year end is December 31, they have their 2011 budgets in hand which also means they have money for new hires. Many companies begin their hiring campaigns in November knowing they can't make a final offer until late December for a January start date (new fiscal year).

If your celebrating the holidays, enjoy the family time, but don't completely stop networking or job searching. I see first hand every year individuals that are doing final negotiations the week between Christmas and New Years, to start the first day in January!

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
While economy plays a huge part in the overall job market, Canada is in relatively good shape. Yes, the manufacturing industry is still having trouble, but overall, we're doing pretty good.

With some exceptions January-May seem to be high months to hire. Especially if a companies fiscal year begins in January. July-August are a little slower due to high vacation months and then September-early December spikes up again.