+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January-April 2017 Outland lands - who is still waiting?

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Maybe this coming week will be our week!
Hope it will be my week as well! Want to put my frustration with IRCC behind me and just get on with my life with my wife and kids.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hope it will be my week as well! Want to put my frustration with IRCC behind me and just get on with my life with my wife and kids.
Yep. My wife is beyond ready to start working so we can start working toward and achieving our goals in life.

I feel like I am being held prisoner lol

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
My partner is coming here in the next few weeks, so I actually don't want to hear from them. They can take forever as far as I'm concerned, luckily that is exactly what they are doing!

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
My partner is coming here in the next few weeks, so I actually don't want to hear from them. They can take forever as far as I'm concerned, luckily that is exactly what they are doing!
Hmmm via the water route huh ... :).

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hmmm via the water route huh ... :).
The VO supposedly shipped our file to another VO to scedule an interview. I'm sure it's going to take forever for them to open the file and to actually give us a date for the interview and then you still have to wait at least another month after that. I just want to spend time with my partner and not think about him having to go back ... we have already put our lives on hold for a year .... I just want to live life with him for a while and not have to worry about this, it's already robbed us of a lot of valuable time together!

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
The VO supposedly shipped our file to another VO to scedule an interview. I'm sure it's going to take forever for them to open the file and to actually give us a date for the interview and then you still have to wait at least another month after that. I just want to spend time with my partner and not think about him having to go back ... we have already put our lives on hold for a year .... I just want to live life with him for a while and not have to worry about this, it's already robbed us of a lot of valuable time together!
This process is a nightmare that doesn't look like it'll ever end. I would be very surprised if there was someone who had nothing but positive experiences about it. I keep thinking about how we'll never ever get this time back, it's gone to waste pretty much. Like most people, I feel like my life is on hold, and it's killing me. The amount of stress this makes us go through is insane, it's unhealthy. Every day that passes it makes you feel less hopeful, when it should be the complete opposite, given that each day that passes is actually a day closer to it. Keeping people in the dark for months and weeks is brutal. I don't know if I'll have my passport back next week or next month. Sometimes I even think they'll take a few more months, even though my application is completely done now, they just need to take a look at it and see that everything is complete, and stamp the visa and issue the COPR. I know that my app hasn't been touched in a month, I should have had the passport back by now. I haven't seen my wife in seven months now, and it's so painful. I'm depressed at this point, and hope to never deal with something like this again, I'm done with immigration Canada.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
This process is a nightmare that doesn't look like it'll ever end. I would be very surprised if there was someone who had nothing but positive experiences about it. I keep thinking about how we'll never ever get this time back, it's gone to waste pretty much. Like most people, I feel like my life is on hold, and it's killing me. The amount of stress this makes us go through is insane, it's unhealthy. Every day that passes it makes you feel less hopeful, when it should be the complete opposite, given that each day that passes is actually a day closer to it. Keeping people in the dark for months and weeks is brutal. I don't know if I'll have my passport back next week or next month. Sometimes I even think they'll take a few more months, even though my application is completely done now, they just need to take a look at it and see that everything is complete, and stamp the visa and issue the COPR. I know that my app hasn't been touched in a month, I should have had the passport back by now. I haven't seen my wife in seven months now, and it's so painful. I'm depressed at this point, and hope to never deal with something like this again, I'm done with immigration Canada.
Yesterday (Valentine's Day) my stepmom went into the hospital with an extremely high, irregular heart rate and apparently her atrium is very enlarged and she is at high risk of having a heart attack or stroke and she and my dad chose not to put her on life support/resuscitate if it's really bad. We are not sure if she can be stabilized on medications alone and they are still running tests on her and if the prognosis is not good, she might have limited options. The reason I bring this up, because this is yet another event that reminds me that time is precious and you are right, we can never get this time back waiting and waiting and putting life on hold. Sorry to use bad words, but screw the government, I just hope CBSA won't give my partner a hard time when he comes here because he quit his job cause he thought this would all be done by now (plus he was burned out from working hard cause he knew when he came here, he was going to have to go back to school to upgrade and get his certification to work in his profession). Before I went to see him in November, it had been 10 months that we didn't see each other. I know how you must feel being apart from your wife and I said the same thing about IRCC (now I stopped checking my GCKey account and eCAS too, not that it ever changes. Hang in there, at some point this will end! I hope you get that passport back soon so you can start living life with your wife again! BTW, my dad also sponsored his wife to come here as did my sister with her husband. But I'm pretty sure they didn't have as long of a wait as I am having!