+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Test taken March 13th, Test completed March 25th (in the Application History it says updated in March 23rd)

Other items no response yet, I think my processing office is in Sydney. Anybody similar situation?
I have identical timeline. Also stuck at March 24 after test had been completed. LPP in progress. Also Vancouver.
What office did your test come from? Should be West or Vancouver since you are a Vancouver applicant as well.

canyang

Feb 25, 2023
I have identical timeline. Also stuck at March 24 after test had been completed. LPP in progress. Also Vancouver.
What office did your test come from? Should be West or Vancouver since you are a Vancouver applicant as well.
How do I check what office my test comfrom ? I only know in the invitation letter it says Case Processing Centre - Sydney

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
How do I check what office my test comfrom ? I only know in the invitation letter it says Case Processing Centre - Sydney
Yes. Everyone who applies for citizenship initially receives a letter from Sydney. The best way to know which office is processing your application is to look into the email address your citizenship test came from. If the emails says IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca then your application is being processed in Vancouver office. It doesn't mean it will stay there, though. Sometimes applications are transferred around depending on the case load and municipality you live in. But I would bet your citizenship test came from this email IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

You can also call IRCC and ask at 1-888-242-2100

Reactions: Cpwr

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
if you're in one of the Atlantic provinces, it's likely that Montreal is your processing office. When you get the test invite e-mail you can see who's processing office the message is coming from.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Yes. Everyone who applies for citizenship initially receives a letter from Sydney. The best way to know which office is processing your application is to look into the email address your citizenship test came from. If the emails says IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca then your application is being processed in Vancouver office. It doesn't mean it will stay there, though. Sometimes applications are transferred around depending on the case load and municipality you live in. But I would bet your citizenship test came from this email IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

You can also call IRCC and ask at 1-888-242-2100
Hey! I had come across this link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363 where it says that post the test, one should be expect the invite to the ceremony in 4-6 months (in most cases)

IRCC clears files in a burst and I feel most of you applicants who are stuck at test complete should expect something soon :)

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hey! I had come across this link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363 where it says that post the test, one should be expect the invite to the ceremony in 4-6 months (in most cases)

IRCC clears files in a burst and I feel most of you applicants who are stuck at test complete should expect something soon :)
That's only if your BG check is complete before the test.

My case the BG is in progress and I have test complete. I saw in other topics that some people had their test complete and the BG step gets cleared 9 months after. I hope that doesn't apply on me though :(

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
That's only if your BG check is complete before the test.

My case the BG is in progress and I have test complete. I saw in other topics that some people had their test complete and the BG step gets cleared 9 months after. I hope that doesn't apply on me though :(
Did you provide a PCC? That always delays bg check

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
@rushi.gada I just received a test invitation just right now a bit scared but happy at the same time; @Americanwife94 please can check and see if you did too because we are in the same area.
I just got it!! Haha I love that we are able to *almost* predict the timeline. Let’s hope it stays that way. Good luck studying and maybe our applications will stay in step with each other!