+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

OSHammat

Mar 24, 2023
So I noticed that the online tracker is only updated once a day, and most of the time, it is in the morning (overnight.) And most of the time it is with a 2-day delay. Let's say the citizenship test was marked as complete on April 17 (Wednesday) but updated on track on April 20 (Friday)—exceptions when it is a weekend. For example, a background check was marked as complete on April 19 (Friday) but updated on the tracker on April 22 (Monday) or April 23 (Tuesday.)
Has anyone received any updates on the tracker mid-day?
The last tracker update I got was on Saturday, 8th of April, at the evening time! I kept checking during that day with no updates, then the update came at the evening time, with my BG completed 2 days before (the 6th of April).

Invaluablekiwi

Sep 19, 2019
Just noticed the Google sheet has my background complete as at May 10th. Not sure why, I've had no updates since March for my AoR.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
So I noticed that the online tracker is only updated once a day, and most of the time, it is in the morning (overnight.) And most of the time it is with a 2-day delay. Let's say the citizenship test was marked as complete on April 17 (Wednesday) but updated on track on April 20 (Friday)—exceptions when it is a weekend. For example, a background check was marked as complete on April 19 (Friday) but updated on the tracker on April 22 (Monday) or April 23 (Tuesday.)
Has anyone received any updates on the tracker mid-day?
I think you're correct in your observation. Most updates are seen in the morning when I first log in.

mohamed1978

Sep 30, 2014
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,095
Application: Single
Application sent: January 19, 2023
Delivered: - No tracking with postage used -
AOR: March 2, 2023
In Progress: March 2, 2023
May 4, 2023: Ghost update
May 11, 2023: Background check completed.

Now my top left corner says Updated: May 13, 2023. This has been a wonderful Monday so far, it feels so good to know something is happening. I know things go on in the background, but it's nice see some results of that.
Did you check ecas status and note on ecas around May 4

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Tips for the citizenship test:

Hello friends, today we successfully completed our citizenship test. I thought I'd share my experience and also a few tips that made sense to us and might be useful to someone in the same boat.

1. Get the "Citizenship Test" app by Reev tech for iOS (cost $1.99 for the weekly subscription and cancel it after)
This app covers all the topics of the Discover Canada book, and at the end of each chapter, there is a little test to help with the revision.
The content is in a concise form and gets straight to the facts that matter. We went through all the chapters and the 30-odd mock tests in the app and it took me about 6 hours total.

2. Try and buy this app and study on the same day of the test if possible to ensure maximum retention - We gave our test the same day we studied, and this way we got it out of the way without dilly-dallying.

3. We didn't get a single question about dates, but for us, the French names got confusing.

4. The 20 questions were a good balance of all the topics, and honestly, it felt like the test is made for people to PASS. It was EASY.

5. We finished our test in under 4 mins each and we get 30 mins to go through the test - Take your time and read all the questions carefully, they are definitely worded slightly different v/s the mock questions.

Good luck to all who are about to give tests ..

Thank!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019

Hello friends, today we successfully completed our citizenship test. I thought I'd share my experience and also a few tips that made sense to us and might be useful to someone in the same boat.

1. Get the "Citizenship Test" app by Reev tech for iOS (cost $1.99 for the weekly subscription and cancel it after)
This app covers all the topics of the Discover Canada book, and at the end of each chapter, there is a little test to help with the revision.
The content is in a concise form and gets straight to the facts that matter. We went through all the chapters and the 30-odd mock tests in the app and it took me about 6 hours total.

2. Try and buy this app and study on the same day of the test if possible to ensure maximum retention - We gave our test the same day we studied, and this way we got it out of the way without dilly-dallying.

3. We didn't get a single question about dates, but for us, the French names got confusing.

4. The 20 questions were a good balance of all the topics, and honestly, it felt like the test is made for people to PASS. It was EASY. This means, that even if there are certain topics you're struggling with, there is a good chance that there wouldn't be more than a couple of questions about that topic.

5. We finished our test in under 4 mins each and we get 30 mins to go through the test - Take your time and read all the questions carefully, they are definitely worded slightly different v/s the mock questions.

Thank!

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Adding to what you said, I read the guide and practiced on www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice
Found the questions very helpful and quite similar to the actual test.

4. The 20 questions were a good balance of all the topics, and honestly, it felt like the test is made for people to PASS. It was EASY.

Thank!

SszZTkmZ

Star Member
Aug 29, 2021

Thank!
No don't buy anything. Read discover Canada or listen here
and do questions here https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

More than enough to pass.

Manuel786

Nov 30, 2018
Hello group,

I am in the middle to have complete my mother in law online Citizenship application but when I tried to pay the fee I was forced to create an account, which I did it, but when I tried to link this application to it I can't. It looks like there is no way to link this kind of application to the account. Do you know if it is possible to pay the fees without having an account? or how can I link this application to it? Thank you very much for your help.