+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

jaymel28

Mar 6, 2019
hi... they didn't mention what document to upload...
It will say what to upload.
it was under optional documents and when we click instruction there is a message saying " If you would like to provide more information about your application that you have not already provided, you can attach a letter of explanation to your application... question is: what is the best info to provide them since we already provided them with everything asked on the checklists... is this really just optional? they gave us until May 3 to upload the docs.

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Congrats to all you folks who are getting PPR/COPR. I envy you all but also wish you well.

I've been trying since Feb 28th to get my step daughter's surname corrected on her medical request (3 emails, 1 phone call) and will nothing. So naturally her medical request has not been complied with - 30 days limit but through no fault of ours.

My husband has done his medical and yet there is no record that the results have been received, or passed, or failed. Presumably because both medicals would have to be dealt with together as far as recording in the IRCC system.

I called once and the agent was NOT particularly helpful, and gave me the usual 12 months routine. I'm going to call on Wednesday again and hope I get a different agent.

I'm getting very frustrated, and I know we have 8 more months, but if I sit here for a couple more months, that just that much less time to actually process our application!

Carolcarolsauce

Mar 17, 2019
I submitted the application in NOVEMBER 2018 and am STILL awaiting transfer to MEXICO VO.
I called this week, and they confirm our app is still in Sydney. They very correctly remind me it's still within the 12 month frame, so keep waiting.
hi @dorkismalorkis , did you do your husband fo your biometrics yet? im also sponsoring my husband from CR and its very upsetting to see that you app is still in Canada

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
hi @dorkismalorkis , did you do your husband fo your biometrics yet? I'm also sponsoring my husband from CR and its very upsetting to see that you app is still in Canada
Thank you for understanding. Since we submitted November 30th 2018, there is no biometric requirement for us. That did change for applicants on or around December 2018 though; any applicants after a certain date DO now have to do it. Luckily for us we just missed it, so it is not a requirement due to when we submitted. We will not have to do biometric. Despite this, our APP is STILL in Canada, yes.

Warning :confused: lil' rant...
Our app ECAS still reads "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." so IP1. No update since med passed early March. I called IRCC 2X, I get the same "wait 12 month message" (while watching others in December 2018 group who already have PPR & COPR, I think now some are even landing). My MP called on my behalf. Same "12 month speech"; in fact, they asked ... if I "wanted him here sooner, why not submit it sooner?". Well, touché :p After marriage but before pregnancy, we DID attempt a visitor visa.
Immigration officers denied visitor visa on grounds "he could overstay his visit" :rolleyes: even though we promised to show return tix + check in / comply. Such BS! Now we're doing this lengthy sponsorship/PR (which we started the moment we found out I was expecting). Supposed to be the happiest time right? He won't make it in time for baby being born. I emailed Trudeau; had my letter acknowledged and forwarded to Immigration Minister. I voiced feedback with IRCC about MEXICO VO slow processing time and emailed Ahmed Hussen personally (again) explaining the situation and why ours is as urgent as other outland folks getting PPR already!

I try to be patient and accept the things I cannot change, but admit it is heartbreaking to watch other Dec. Outland (non express entry) be passed in 106 days despite our situation (baby coming soon, beyond straightforward app, high-level references incl. letters from MPs I know personally). I work in a public-eye type job - they could easily track me down to ensure compliance. It is unfathomable our app 'sits' in Sydney many weeks now awaiting transfer to VO. It is our tax $$$ funding these immigration offices yet the process truly is not always fair for citizens. I watch the immigration minister Tweet how "they cherish family"... yet our family is separated for one of the most monumental days of our lives. I do not expect special treatment, but why are DEC '18 applicants from Pakistan, India, Philippines, Africa, US, UK receiving COPR already while we still await transfer to Mexico?

Bueno, :D
Pura Vida amiga.
Dejame saber como te va!

Last edited:

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
I hope this week brings some good news for all of you.

**LET'S GET IT DONE**
Question for you:
After giving the Biometrics, how long did it take to see the update on either eCAS or GCKey? What did that update look like/ say?

Wife just gave her biometrics earlier today and was told they'd be uploaded same day so ofc I am going to be refreshing both accounts feverishly till I see it :D

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
Thank you for understanding. Since we submitted November 30th 2018, there is no biometric requirement for us. That did change for applicants on or around December 2018 though; any applicants after a certain date DO now have to do it. Luckily for us we just missed it, so it is not a requirement due to when we submitted. We will not have to do biometric. Despite this, our APP is STILL in Canada, yes.

Warning :confused: lil' rant...
Our app ECAS still reads "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." so IP1. No update since med passed early March. I called IRCC 2X, I get the same "wait 12 month message" (while watching others in December 2018 group who already have PPR & COPR, I think now some are even landing). My MP called on my behalf. Same "12 month speech"; in fact, they asked ... if I "wanted him here sooner, why not submit it sooner?". Well, touché :p After marriage but before pregnancy, we DID attempt a visitor visa.
Immigration officers denied visitor visa on grounds "he could overstay his visit" :rolleyes: even though we promised to show return tix + check in / comply. Such BS! Now we're doing this lengthy sponsorship/PR (which we started the moment we found out I was expecting). Supposed to be the happiest time right? He won't make it in time for baby being born. I emailed Trudeau; had my letter acknowledged and forwarded to Immigration Minister. I voiced feedback with IRCC about MEXICO VO slow processing time and emailed Ahmed Hussen personally (again) explaining the situation and why ours is as urgent as other outland folks getting PPR already!

I try to be patient and accept the things I cannot change, but admit it is heartbreaking to watch other Dec. Outland (non express entry) be passed in 106 days despite our situation (baby coming soon, beyond straightforward app, high-level references incl. letters from MPs I know personally). I work in a public-eye type job - they could easily track me down to ensure compliance. It is unfathomable our app 'sits' in Sydney many weeks now awaiting transfer to VO. It is our tax $$$ funding these immigration offices yet the process truly is not always fair for citizens. I watch the immigration minister Tweet how "they cherish family"... yet our family is separated for one of the most monumental days of our lives. I do not expect special treatment, but why are DEC '18 applicants from Pakistan, India, Philippines, Africa, US, UK receiving COPR already while we still await transfer to Mexico?

Bueno, :D
Pura Vida amiga.
Dejame saber como te va!
Can't imagine how difficult the timing of this situation is for you. I'll be hoping you hear positive things soon. Hang in there (Y)

Ravey

Feb 8, 2019
Hey guys
How can we get to knw when they start reviewing our additional documents?
Hi! Did you send the requested addl documents in Gckey or to the email address indicated in the letter? I sent mine via email and now im thinking to upload them as well in gckey. Thankss

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Question for you:
After giving the Biometrics, how long did it take to see the update on either eCAS or GCKey? What did that update look like/ say?

Wife just gave her biometrics earlier today and was told they'd be uploaded same day so ofc I am going to be refreshing both accounts feverishly till I see it :D
I was able to see the biometrics update on the day biometrics was done. Our ECAS gave no updates for biometrics but GCkey account showed the biometrics number and enrollment date on the top right side.

However, the status still remained the same as WE DO NOT NEED YOUR FINGERPRINTS.

Reactions: Impatient1

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
I was able to see the biometrics update on the day biometrics was done. Our ECAS gave no updates for biometrics but GCkey account showed the biometrics number and enrollment date on the top right side.

However, the status still remained the same as WE DO NOT NEED YOUR FINGERPRINTS.
LOL that's odd. For us, the status changed to "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Please check message below for details". It changed to this the same time that we got the Biometrics request.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis