+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

jaymehta26

Jan 9, 2017
alaaalmasri said:
MyCIC shows we are checking if you meet the eligibility requirements. and the background check says that my application is in progress, and the next step is to start background check, why im still in the checking eligibility requirements ??
Its normal procedure I believe. I am in that exact spot.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
GUYS IS IT TRUE THAT IF YOU SUBMIT SCHD-A USING WEB FORM, THAT YOU NEED TO PRINT AND SIGN THEN SCAN BACK AND SUBMIT.
WE DIDNT DO THAT, I CALLED THIS MORNING AND AGENT SAID THERE IS NOTE ON FILE THAT SCHD-A HAS BEEN RECEIVED, THEY ARE ONLY WAITING TO ATTACH IT TO FILE. BUT I'VE BEEN READING PEOPLE SAYING YOU NEED TO PRINT AND PHYSICALLY SIGN.
ITS SO ANNOYING THAT THEIR SYSTEM ISSUE IS CAUSING US DELAYS AND CONFUSION LIKE THIS. THERES NO WHERE ON THE WEB FORM THAT SAYS YOU MUST PRINT AND SIGN

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
alaaalmasri said:
MyCIC shows we are checking if you meet the eligibility requirements. and the background check says that my application is in progress, and the next step is to start background check, why im still in the checking eligibility requirements ??
We're in the same situation as well. Fear not.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
alaaalmasri said:
MyCIC refers to the PA application (which is why you use only PA information to link that account), so the eligibility requirements refer to your eligibility to become a PR. From what I've read from everyone else, that typically doesn't change until they send out your COPR.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Staunts2015 said:
MyCIC refers to the PA application (which is why you use only PA information to link that account), so the eligibility requirements refer to your eligibility to become a PR. From what I've read from everyone else, that typically doesn't change until they send out your COPR.
what is COPR?

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Masonb6888 said:
what is COPR?
Confirmation of Permanent Residence. It's the document they mail to you as the final step, which you take to a border crossing to become a Permanent Resident. That process is called landing.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Staunts2015 said:
Confirmation of Permanent Residence. It's the document they mail to you as the final step, which you take to a border crossing to become a Permanent Resident. That process is called landing.
Even if we're already here. we still have to go to the boarder?

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Masonb6888 said:
Even if we're already here. we still have to go to the boarder?
Yes, what you have to do is called flagpoling. It's discussed in a few threads, but basically you just drive over to the US side, turn around and drive through the Canadian border, then tell the border agent that you're flagpoling. They'll send you in to the office, where an agent will complete your paperwork and you'll officially be a PR! There are a few things you'll need to have, like a goods-accompanying/goods-to-follow form and your COPR document.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Staunts2015 said:
Yes, what you have to do is called flagpoling. It's discussed in a few threads, but basically you just drive over to the US side, turn around and drive through the Canadian border, then tell the border agent that you're flagpoling. They'll send you in to the office, where an agent will complete your paperwork and you'll officially be a PR! There are a few things you'll need to have, like a goods-accompanying/goods-to-follow form and your COPR document.
goods accompanying/ good to follow?
is that kind of like when I moved here for studying, I had to have a list of everything I was bringing into the country? i.e. all the FCI numbers and barcodes and what not of my electronics?

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Masonb6888 said:
goods accompanying/ good to follow?
is that kind of like when I moved here for studying, I had to have a list of everything I was bringing into the country? i.e. all the FCI numbers and barcodes and what not of my electronics?
Yes.

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
Hi all,

Should I be concerned that my ECAS (I'm PA) only reads

• We received your application for permanent residence on January 30, 2017.
  • We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Here is my timeline:
* 01-30 - package delivered - including upfront medical form and police certificates for US and UK, did not include Schedule A
* 02-27 - Linked MyCIC
* 02-27 - Received request to upload Schedule A
* 02-28 - AOR1 for Sponsor
* 03-02 - Received Sponsorship Approval (SA)
* 03-10 - Uploaded Schedule A

MyCIC indicates the following:

Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I feel like most others have more movement (a "third line" on ECAS?) by now. Should I be concerned or contact CIC or should I just wait it out a bit longer? I'm mostly concerned that ECAS doesn't say they've started processing the application, and that they might not have properly received the Schedule A uploaded through MyCIC.

Thank you!

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
us2017 said:
Hi all,

Should I be concerned that my ECAS (I'm PA) only reads

• We received your application for permanent residence on January 30, 2017.
  • We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Here is my timeline:
* 01-30 - package delivered - including upfront medical form and police certificates for US and UK, did not include Schedule A
* 02-27 - Linked MyCIC
* 02-27 - Received request to upload Schedule A
* 02-28 - AOR1 for Sponsor
* 03-02 - Received Sponsorship Approval (SA)
* 03-10 - Uploaded Schedule A

MyCIC indicates the following:

Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I feel like most others have more movement (a "third line" on ECAS?) by now. Should I be concerned or contact CIC or should I just wait it out a bit longer? I'm mostly concerned that ECAS doesn't say they've started processing the application, and that they might not have properly received the Schedule A uploaded through MyCIC.

Thank you!
Mine is literally the exact same minus the medical results. Ours says passed. We are applying from the US. What visa office are you being processed through?

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
cmajeau said:
Mine is literally the exact same minus the medical results. Ours says passed. We are applying from the US. What visa office are you being processed through?
I'm also applying from the US (PA in US, sponsor in Canada). According to the SA letter, the application has been forwarded to Ottawa.

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Okay so you and I are in the same boat. If you look on page 90 there's a post about emailing CPC Ottawa. Feel free to use that info to inquire about your status. I have done the same on my wife's behalf. We should keep in touch and see how this plays out.
I really don't think it's anything to worry about. It seems like they're just taking their sweet time. It's also possible that they are further along and just haven't updated the notes on our accounts.

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
cmajeau said:
Okay so you and I are in the same boat. If you look on page 90 there's a post about emailing CPC Ottawa. Feel free to use that info to inquire about your status. I have done the same on my wife's behalf. We should keep in touch and see how this plays out.
I really don't think it's anything to worry about. It seems like they're just taking their sweet time. It's also possible that they are further along and just haven't updated the notes on our accounts.
That's what I'm hoping too :) Getting SA just a couple days after AOR1 probably put my hopes too high for the rest of the process haha