+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
jellyfish_smile said:
We are exactly in the Same boat. I can't understand why they are still checking if I meet the eligilibity? When my sponsor have been given SA already. My app was received January 25th.
Checking eligibility is about checking they have all the required documents they need from you and checking the relationship is genuine.

It depends on your VO and officer. if your vo is not ottawa, you can expect 1-3 months after ecas showed they started processing your application.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
jellyfish_smile said:
We are exactly in the Same boat. I can't understand why they are still checking if I meet the eligilibity? When my sponsor have been given SA already. My app was received January 25th.
It will show "checking eligibility" until they send out your COPR. It's referring to the PR Application, not sponsor application.

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
cmajeau said:
Does anyone know if they request the RPRF before or after the background check is done?
Read about someone getting the request for the fee before the background check changed to "in progress" so I will say it will be before.

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Staunts2015 said:
Before sending the email, make sure it abides by the following:

"IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s);
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);"

Here's the email:
cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Good luck, and let us know if it stirs some movement in your application!
So this is the response I got from CPC Ottawa:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting our office.

For all general inquiries please refer to our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

All case specific questions, technical issues and changes in address or representative should be reported via our web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free from within Canada, at 1-888-242-2100.

Regards,

Emily
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

She didn't really answer any of my questions. Should I submit a web form or call?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
cmajeau said:
So this is the response I got from CPC Ottawa:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting our office.

For all general inquiries please refer to our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

All case specific questions, technical issues and changes in address or representative should be reported via our web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free from within Canada, at 1-888-242-2100.

Regards,

Emily
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

She didn't really answer any of my questions. Should I submit a web form or call?

what did you ask them?

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Masonb6888 said:
what did you ask them?
To Whom This May Concern,

I would like to inquire the status of my wife's, Gabriel McLellan’s, Permanent Residence application. In her GC-Key account it says that neither the background check/nor the eligiability check has yet to be processed.

We’ve noticed that others who have sent their application around the same time, and are applying outland from the United States, have either had their Passports Requested or their background/eligibility check are in process and have been for a few weeks.

Please advise as to why our application may be stalled and if you require any additional information. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
cmajeau said:
To Whom This May Concern,

I would like to inquire the status of my wife's, Gabriel McLellan’s, Permanent Residence application. In her GC-Key account it says that neither the background check/nor the eligiability check has yet to be processed.

We’ve noticed that others who have sent their application around the same time, and are applying outland from the United States, have either had their Passports Requested or their background/eligibility check are in process and have been for a few weeks.

Please advise as to why our application may be stalled and if you require any additional information. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,
...... You applied on January 27th - just over two months ago - and you're already complaining to them?! You do realise that the 80% processing time for American applicants (pre Dec, since there's no data possible on averages for post Dec) was 13 months?

Some others have had responses. That makes them lucky, not yours something to complain about. You're massively, massively ahead of the curve.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Bcboundboy said:
...... You applied on January 27th - just over two months ago - and you're already complaining to them?! You do realise that the 80% processing time for American applicants (pre Dec, since there's no data possible on averages for post Dec) was 13 months?

Some others have had responses. That makes them lucky, not yours something to complain about. You're massively, massively ahead of the curve.
See, I emailed them too but mine was more like this..
I mostly just wanted to make sure that application has reached them.. since I haven't been informed OR if there was some mistake and I didn't receive a message.

To whom it may concern,

I do realize you’re all very busy and that this is a lengthy process. I’ve been checking MyCIC and it hasn’t changed in some time. I just wanted to email and make sure there wasn’t a message I missed or if there are any notes on my account I need to be aware of in case if any documents were missing or incomplete.

Thank you for taking the time to read my email and help me.
Have a wonderful day!

-Mason

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Masonb6888 said:
See, I emailed them too but mine was more like this..
I mostly just wanted to make sure that application has reached them.. since I haven't been informed OR if there was some mistake and I didn't receive a message.

To whom it may concern,

I do realize you’re all very busy and that this is a lengthy process. I’ve been checking MyCIC and it hasn’t changed in some time. I just wanted to email and make sure there wasn’t a message I missed or if there are any notes on my account I need to be aware of in case if any documents were missing or incomplete.

Thank you for taking the time to read my email and help me.
Have a wonderful day!

-Mason
I wasn't "complaining." I was just looking at everyone elses progress, those who applied in January, an noticed ours was behind them so I wanted to make sure it wasn't lost or something.

Also, Mason did they respond to you?

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Sneakydriver said:
Read about someone getting the request for the fee before the background check changed to "in progress" so I will say it will be before.
Perfect, thank you!

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
cmajeau said:
I wasn't "complaining." I was just looking at everyone elses progress, those who applied in January, an noticed ours was behind them so I wanted to make sure it wasn't lost or something.

Also, Mason did they respond to you?
It's not lost since you got AOR. Not everyone who applied in January from USA got their decision made and ppr. In fact, if you look at other visa offices, no one who applied in January is even close of getting PPR. Some USA applicants from November and December got ppr last month and seen 1 getting it this month. You should join the FB group and you will see what I'm talking about, lots of Americans there. Don't think because you did not get the extremely fast processing time SOME of the applicants got, there is something wrong with your file.

I would not even send an email yet. You are most likely just going to piss off whoever reads it and look at your timeline. Now if you still decide to send it now, send Masonb6888's email... much better elaborated for this situation.

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Sneakydriver said:
It's not lost since you got AOR. Not everyone who applied in January from USA got their decision made and ppr. In fact, if you look at other visa offices, no one who applied in January is even close of getting PPR. Some USA applicants from November and December got ppr last month and seen 1 getting it this month. You should join the FB group and you will see what I'm talking about, lots of Americans there. Don't think because you did not get the extremely fast processing time SOME of the applicants got, there is something wrong with your file.

I would not even send an email yet. You are most likely just going to piss off whoever reads it and look at your timeline. Now if you still decide to send it now, send Masonb6888's email... much better elaborated for this situation.
I'll just sit and wait. Sorry if I offended anyone.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
cmajeau said:
It's perfectly okay. I went through the same thing with the sponsor approval. Everyone seemed to be getting it except me. The longer I waited, the more anxious I became. The support that comes with this forum is really great, but at the same time it can be hard when the process seems so quick and easy for some, and much longer for others. I found it really helpful to just get away from the computer and focus on other things for a while. You don't have to apologize for worrying. I think it's something that most of us do. Everything will be fine, you'll see. :)

amankamal

Apr 10, 2017
feb 2016 applicant ,done medical in november waiting for ppr from last 4 months .if any one have any idea that how much time ndvo gonna take after medical .i have got my gcms notes ,according to that my case is in final review stage from 10 march 2017 but its been 1 month for that also .

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
cmajeau said:
I'm sure you didn't offend anyone. You're just being incredibly anxious. It's a stressful process, that's understandable - but massive overreactions like emailing to demand information when you're still incredibly early isn't going to help either you or the process. All you can really do at the moment is wait. It'll likely be a while yet. If you get asked for anything, supply it as soon as possible - and then back to waiting.