+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

BigCastle

Jan 29, 2017
FrostiRose said:
My last word from CIC was a request for Schedule A, Police Certificate and Details of Military Service Feb 20th. I uploaded them all Feb 21st, haven't heard anything since and don't know which visa office is processing my application. My wife's SA letter from mid February said my application was forwarded to the visa office in Unspecified
No update since, and only one line in ECAS, We received application for permanent residence Jan 16, 2017.
Not that it really changes anything, but I'd like to know where my application is...
I was in the same situation as you. When my wife got the SA email they didn t tell us where my file would be sent to. I am from Haiti, living in DR so I assumed that it would either be Haiti or Mexico. So i looked up their emails then messaged them asking if they have my file. The Haiti VO answered me pretty quick confirming that they have it. Not only that but the next day my ecas updated to in process... Good Luck

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
sirbill said:
The application can only be linked to one account at a time, so if you link to one it unlinks from the other. It seems intended to only be linked by the applicant.

You can use the ECAS system to get full info as Sponsor though -- it will show both your Sponsor status and the Applicant status.

Thanks for your reply. I do use my ECAS all it says it they have started processing Feb 5th....

but no SA letter

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
nishatd said:
Thanks for your reply. I do use my ECAS all it says it they have started processing Feb 5th....

but no SA letter
They started processing your sponsorship application, or PR application?

On your sponsorship form, did you check the box that said to continue processing if sponsor is not approved, or the box that said to NOT continue processing and refund the money? If you chose to not continue processing, and your ECAS says In Process on the PR side, then you know you got Sponsorship Approval.

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
When I check my ECAS account under the Sponsorship Application Status it says In Process ; and says
1.We received your application to sponsor Spouse on January 25, 2017.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2017.
3.We started processing your application on February 10, 2017.

Then on my Permanent Residence Application Status it says Application Received .
1.We received application for permanent residence on January 25, 2017.
2.Medical results have been received.
3. Asked us to send in sechdule A and PC on Feb which we did .

What are your thoughts?

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
Staunts2015 said:
They started processing your sponsorship application, or PR application?

On your sponsorship form, did you check the box that said to continue processing if sponsor is not approved, or the box that said to NOT continue processing and refund the money? If you chose to not continue processing, and your ECAS says In Process on the PR side, then you know you got Sponsorship Approval.
When I check my ECAS account under the Sponsorship Application Status it says In Process ; and says
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2017.

Then on my Permanent Residence Application Status it says Application Received .

What are your thoughts?

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
nishatd said:

What are your thoughts?
If you still haven't received your SA, I would try to call/email them, or submit a Case Specific Enquiry. It's been over 40 days, so there could've been a glitch or something that kept them from updating your file.

RSD

Mar 18, 2017
hi everyone our application was received by CIC on 17 jan 2017. we got AOR 1 on 16 feb 2017..and also I linked my account on 22 feb and uploaded the required documents like schedule A form and PCC. Since then no update we haven't got our SA approval yet its been almost 70 days since they received our file..
Is there anyone sailing on the same boat like us? its really frustrating waiting n keep waiting
Can someone suggest what we can do now regarding this? Any help

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
RSD said:
hi everyone our application was received by CIC on 17 jan 2017. we got AOR 1 on 16 feb 2017..and also I linked my account on 22 feb and uploaded the required documents like schedule A form and PCC. Since then no update we haven't got our SA approval yet its been almost 70 days since they received our file..
Is there anyone sailing on the same boat like us? its really frustrating waiting n keep waiting
I want to say you probably got SA already. My app was received mid January and got SA end of January. There is a number you can call from inside Canada. Don't have that number with me though but I have seen it around. Also what does the sponsor side of the ECAS says? should say decision made if you got SA

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
barch88 said:
I just landed today actually. Picked up COPR and decided to just land and complete the process since my wives landlord needed my SIN # for the lease paperwork, can't get that without landing. I had to leave Canada and re-enter (or I suppose if you had it mailed elsewhere this wouldn't apply). Then told the agent I was landing, they brought me inside and asked me some questions, confirmed I hadn't been arrested, etc. and then gave me a form for goods to follow list (wasn't moving anything in today), some other paperwork for my car and sent me on my way. They didn't let me leave without giving me a little Canadian flag either :)

It was late so tomorrow I'm going to get my SIN, etc. Best of luck with your application and thanks to everyone for the help.
Congratulations! Best of luck with everything on this side of the border! :)

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Received a 2nd line on PA ecas after our file was transferred to LONDON Visa Office. Glad its moving fast. Is this AOR2 though?

1. We received XXXX application for permanent residence on January 31, 2017.
2. We started processing xxxx application on March 27, 2017.

awahidi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Usa
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
ktaj said:
Received a 2nd line on PA ecas after our file was transferred to LONDON Visa Office. Glad its moving fast. Is this AOR2 though?

1. We received XXXX application for permanent residence on January 31, 2017.
2. We started processing xxxx application on March 27, 2017.
hello i wanted to know if they asked you for schedule Aand Pcc before they said on ECAS PR application status: in process.

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
RSD said:
I am in the same situation. They received my application Jan 25th and we received ARO1 Feb 12 and linked and added PC and Sec A . But no sponsor approval letter. I even called them they said they are working on it. I feel that each officer is doing something different. I would call them.

RSD

Mar 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply..can u please provide me the ph no u tried to call them.. cause My wife tried from inside Canada to the call centre no it says they can,t tell anything about outland applicants unless time is over.

RSD

Mar 18, 2017
Sneakydriver said:
I want to say you probably got SA already. My app was received mid January and got SA end of January. There is a number you can call from inside Canada. Don't have that number with me though but I have seen it around. Also what does the sponsor side of the ECAS says? should say decision made if you got SA
Hopefully , but it doesn't say DM or anything, it just says we received ur app on 17 jan 2017 and start processing ur app on 15 feb 2017..
Can u pl provide me email address or the phone number of cic where they can answer my inquiry. ( if u have one )
Thanks in advance.

RSD

Mar 18, 2017
nishatd said:
I am in the same situation. They received my application Jan 25th and we received ARO1 Feb 12 and linked and added PC and Sec A . But no sponsor approval letter. I even called them they said they are working on it. I feel that each officer is doing something different. I would call them.
hi I understand ur situation it is really frustrating to keep waiting. I guess officer on my file went on long holiday.lol.
Can u provide the ph no u tried to call them.. Hopefully we get our SA's before the end of this month..
Thanks