+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
Do I as the sponsor also need to have a separate mycic account and link the same application ? I am confused as I have not received my sponsor approval letter yet; only my partner received a letter to link application and they requested PC and Schedule A which he also ready did mid feb.

Marleskp17

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2017
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017 Medical Passed 03-05-2017
Hello
Waiting for med request ako.. nag email po ba ang CEM sa inyo about med rquest or sa ccount nyo po nakita? Thanks SA po ako nung March 1, file transfer nung March 6, from your own pattern I think I should wait for 2 mos. to het the request right? Thanks

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
Marleskp17 said:
Hello
Waiting for med request ako.. nag email po ba ang CEM sa inyo about med rquest or sa ccount nyo po nakita? Thanks SA po ako nung March 1, file transfer nung March 6, from your own pattern I think I should wait for 2 mos. to het the request right? Thanks
what lang is this ? :eek: :eek:

sirbill

Sep 6, 2016
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2017 (mailed 24-03)
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
eta 17-07-2017
nishatd said:
Do I as the sponsor also need to have a separate mycic account and link the same application ? I am confused as I have not received my sponsor approval letter yet; only my partner received a letter to link application and they requested PC and Schedule A which he also ready did mid feb.
The application can only be linked to one account at a time, so if you link to one it unlinks from the other. It seems intended to only be linked by the applicant.

You can use the ECAS system to get full info as Sponsor though -- it will show both your Sponsor status and the Applicant status.

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
barch88 said:
PPR recieved :)
Congratulations!

Just curious because you're also a USA/Canada couple. Did you guys have a wedding or a court marriage? I'm a little worried that mine will take little longer due to the fact that we decided to have a private court marriage. This whole process causes me a lot of anxiety!

Congrats again, and good luck to you!

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
cmajeau said:
Congratulations!

Just curious because you're also a USA/Canada couple. Did you guys have a wedding or a court marriage? I'm a little worried that mine will take little longer due to the fact that we decided to have a private court marriage. This whole process causes me a lot of anxiety!

Congrats again, and good luck to you!
I'm sponsoring my American husband. We got married at a courthouse in Ohio. It was June and a beautiful sunny day. The reverend who was on duty that morning married us on the lawn under a tree. My husband's family was there and we all went out to lunch afterward and then there was a party at his parents' house later that day so I could meet other family members and friends. It was very nice. We are planning a vow renewal in Canada for my family and friends.

You basically have to prove your relationship is genuine. Pictures of the two you getting married are a good idea. Having family/friends in attendance and/or a celebration of some sort is also good. How long have you been together? Do you have photos, chat logs, trip tokens, holiday cards/gifts, letters from family and friends? Evidence of your day-to-day relationship is what they really want to see, not just a single event.

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Oh yes I sent all of that for proof. Although our actual marriage was quite private, we sent an explanation as to why we kept it private and that we plan to have a wedding reception when we can afford it. We sent tons of proof to support our relationship is genuine. Sent pictures of family gatherings, Christmases we spent together, other trips, outings/activities we did together like movies, plays, horseback riding. We sent social media posts, texts, facetime screenshots, letter written to one another, reciepts for gifts we sent each other. I really hope all of that is enough!

Thank you so much for sharing your story! It really put my mind at ease. Congratulations again!

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
You should be fine then. The burden of proof isn't as great for Canadian/American couples because it's fairly easy to visit back and forth and spend time together. Good luck! :)

DCaQC

Jan 21, 2017
After a long silence from CIC, we finally received some news this week! We sent our CSQ application to Quebec's MIDI on Feb 17, and since their processing times are running slow right now, it's been a long wait. We haven't received an official response for the CSQ, but on ECAS now it says that my application started being processed by Ottawa on March 21st, and on March 24th I received an e-mail requesting my medicals. So I hope this means the CSQ was approved and things are moving forward!!

Are there any other Quebec applicants who have received/are still waiting for their CSQ?

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
DCaQC said:
After a long silence from CIC, we finally received some news this week! We sent our CSQ application to Quebec's MIDI on Feb 17, and since their processing times are running slow right now, it's been a long wait. We haven't received an official response for the CSQ, but on ECAS now it says that my application started being processed by Ottawa on March 21st, and on March 24th I received an e-mail requesting my medicals. So I hope this means the CSQ was approved and things are moving forward!!

Are there any other Quebec applicants who have received/are still waiting for their CSQ?
I'm waiting. Applied for the CSQ beginning of this month. I got the AOR for the CSQ like 3 days after they received it but it looks like it's taking 2 months to get CSQ. So you should get it before april 17 since it looks like they are speeding up things as well. Did you get the AOR for the CSQ?

DCaQC

Jan 21, 2017
Sneakydriver said:
I'm waiting. Applied for the CSQ beginning of this month. I got the AOR for the CSQ like 3 days after they received it but it looks like it's taking 2 months to get CSQ. So you should get it before april 17 since it looks like they are speeding up things as well. Did you get the AOR for the CSQ?
Yes, we got that on Feb 27.

tin rodriguez

Sep 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga; Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 08 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017 AOR2: 24-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-03-2017
Med's Request
04-28-17
LANDED..........
Summer 2017 with Gods Grace
Shajnemb said:
January applicant here

i just receive a medical request but i dont have AOR2

kinda weird :) but thank God theres a movement :)
How long did you had to wait since file transfer to receive ur medical req?

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
My last word from CIC was a request for Schedule A, Police Certificate and Details of Military Service Feb 20th. I uploaded them all Feb 21st, haven't heard anything since and don't know which visa office is processing my application. My wife's SA letter from mid February said my application was forwarded to the visa office in Unspecified
No update since, and only one line in ECAS, We received application for permanent residence Jan 16, 2017.
Not that it really changes anything, but I'd like to know where my application is...

CA17CA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
FrostiRose said:
My last word from CIC was a request for Schedule A, Police Certificate and Details of Military Service Feb 20th. I uploaded them all Feb 21st, haven't heard anything since and don't know which visa office is processing my application. My wife's SA letter from mid February said my application was forwarded to the visa office in Unspecified
No update since, and only one line in ECAS, We received application for permanent residence Jan 16, 2017.
Not that it really changes anything, but I'd like to know where my application is...
Have you already done the medical?