+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool. Congrats! I called up CIC today and they told me that my application has gone through and are waiting to schedule my ceremony. So, I guess one should be arriving shortly
Can you please share your location and timeline

GZB-Victoria

Dec 9, 2016
Hello Steve I did add to sheet but some one keep deleting so i stop posting anything last few months.here is my timeline and location: Victoria,BC
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 5, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 28, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on January 9, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 5, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 30, 2017 at 8:32 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 17, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 16, 2017 at 10:31 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

dikshab

Jun 20, 2017
Can you please share your location and timeline
The office received my application on Jan 19 and sent the acknowledging receipt on Feb 1. They started processing on Feb 10. Sent me the letter of test invite on June 5 and I wrote the test on Jun 30. The local office is Victoria. Status changed to Decision Made on July 20. Waiting for oath letter.

GZB-Victoria

Dec 9, 2016
The office received my application on Jan 19 and sent the acknowledging receipt on Feb 1. They started processing on Feb 10. Sent me the letter of test invite on June 5 and I wrote the test on Jun 30. The local office is Victoria. Status changed to Decision Made on July 20. Waiting for oath letter.
I think Steve we both had test same day downtown victoria conferences centre.i got decision made 12th July I think may be 13 th July not sure I checked on 13th.officer told may be in August or October you will get you oath invitation,I think you should wait till next week I sure you will get by next week we still have 25 day to go some people get oath invitation week before ceremony good luck .

plsnoname

Jul 23, 2017
Vancouver Office. The oath ceremony invitation has been issued via email (dated 19 July) to us. Our details in the On-line CIC website have been updated too (see below). We have not received the formal invitation letter via post until today, but it does not worry us.

Please update the spreadsheet for TTS***
"We sent you a notice on July 10, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 15, 2017 ...."

Thank you for everyone for sharing the information and all best wishes for all of you who are awaiting.

Last edited:

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Frankly, I am not in a rush. Have been a permanent resident since 2008 and just applied for citizenship in March. I intend to stay here forever, so if it takes a bit longer than that is fine with me. I am pleased that it seems to take less than a year. Would I have not found this forum than I would have not worried about processing times until March next year.
Haha - This is totally me. Until I found this forum I thought my processing times were down right speedy ....Now, not so much BUT I need to remind myself to settle down and that it's been 20 years coming (I've been a PR since '97).... So what's a few extra months wait!

Reactions: Meldaour

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Haha - This is totally me. Until I found this forum I thought my processing times were down right speedy ....Now, not so much BUT I need to remind myself to settle down and that it's been 20 years coming (I've been a PR since '97).... So what's a few extra months wait!
I'm just curious, how come you did not apply before? Any restrictions from the gouvernment?

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I'm just curious, how come you did not apply before? Any restrictions from the gouvernment?
No other reasons for not applying sooner, other than just life.

I travel on a good passport (Australian) and way back when I first became eligible for citizenship, Australia did not let you hold dual citizenship (as an Australian applying for another citizenship) , so that was the initial reason I never pursued it more immediately (all of my family are still all back in Oz so holding onto my Australian citizenship was/is important to me should I ever need to go back for a time to care for aging parents etc.)… then life happens, and travel for work happens, and physically presence days are iffy, and lots of moving around happens, and documents are packed up in boxes in storage in other provinces happens, and….life just happens. I have filled out the citizenship application more times than I can count, but something always popped up that sidetracked the process. So… here we are. Finally! :):):)

Reactions: Siar and Stef.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
No other reasons for not applying sooner, other than just life.

I travel on a good passport (Australian) and way back when I first became eligible for citizenship, Australia did not let you hold dual citizenship (as an Australian applying for another citizenship) , so that was the initial reason I never pursued it more immediately (all of my family are still all back in Oz so holding onto my Australian citizenship was/is important to me should I ever need to go back for a time to care for aging parents etc.)… then life happens, and travel for work happens, and physically presence days are iffy, and lots of moving around happens, and documents are packed up in boxes in storage in other provinces happens, and….life just happens. I have filled out the citizenship application more times than I can count, but something always popped up that sidetracked the process. So… here we are. Finally! :):):)
Very similar in my case.

If it would not have been for a friend to urge me to get on with it, I would have waited probably much longer.

Also, the Germans are very iffy when it comes to dual citizenship and the guy at the German consulate here in Vancouver told me to wait for ten or more years as it then becomes easier to argue why you need two passports. (After ten years they seem to accept the fact that you will want to reside in Canada forever)

I then found some good arguments for me to apply for dual citizenship permission in Germany and this alone took a couple of months. Once you receive this permission you have got two years to get your Canadian citizenship or you have to ask for another permission to prolong that process.

So that then put me under pressure to apply for the Canadian citizenship. The most important factor for me was not to lose the German citizenship.

Anyhow...tomorrow is my test.
Take care
Stef.

Reactions: layla_ and Siar

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Very similar in my case.

If it would not have been for a friend to urge me to get on with it, I would have waited probably much longer.

Also, the Germans are very iffy when it comes to dual citizenship and the guy at the German consulate here in Vancouver told me to wait for ten or more years as it then becomes easier to argue why you need two passports. (After ten years they seem to accept the fact that you will want to reside in Canada forever)

I then found some good arguments for me to apply for dual citizenship permission in Germany and this alone took a couple of months. Once you receive this permission you have got two years to get your Canadian citizenship or you have to ask for another permission to prolong that process.

So that then put me under pressure to apply for the Canadian citizenship. The most important factor for me was not to lose the German citizenship.

Anyhow...tomorrow is my test.
Take care
Stef.

Good luck today! :)

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Good luck today! :)
Thanks. Just finished my test and passed with 19/20. The interview went well. They checked my extensive travel history quite carefully and I had missed one trip but could explain where I was. The agent seemed to have been satisfied.

GZB-Victoria

Dec 9, 2016
Hello

Hello just wondering anyone got oath invitation for 16th August here in victoria BC ?????