+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2016 Applications

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe too early, but starting a thread for Jan 2016 citizenship applicants.
:D
Mine:
Sent on Jan 18, 2016
Received: Jan 20, 2016
No further updates.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice that you started the Topic. I am January Applicant as well. My timeline for mailing my application is similar to yours. Please also join the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

SapDee

Jan 25, 2016
Hi,

I wanted to check if there are any special requirements for the applications submitted in 2016 with new rules.
I am planning to submit my application tomorrow Jan 26th, 2016. I have collected all docs as per the checklist provided with the main Form.
Still want to check to avoid any delays in processing.

Thanks

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No specific requirements for 2016. Always take the updated forms from the CIC website and complete it. Double check for any signatures or docs missing and in the photo, make sure that your name plus the studio address along with date is put on the reverse.
All the very best :)

SapDee

Jan 25, 2016
Thank you for the quick response. Appreciated!!!

One more clarification on Language Evidence. Will photo copy of Bachelors Degree(English) be application as a proof of English?

I have seen there is an option for "Diploma, certificate or transcript of a secondary or post-secondary education completed in English or French, in Canada or abroad;" in below section

7. LANGUAGE EVIDENCE. See section 7 - "Step 2. Complete the application" and section 4 - "Step 1. Gather documents" in the instruction guide.

Thanks

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
SapDee said:

One more clarification on Language Evidence. Will photo copy of Bachelors Degree(English) be application as a proof of English?

I have seen there is an option for "Diploma, certificate or transcript of a secondary or post-secondary education completed in English or French, in Canada or abroad;" in below section

7. LANGUAGE EVIDENCE. See section 7 - "Step 2. Complete the application" and section 4 - "Step 1. Gather documents" in the instruction guide.

Thanks
Yes a copy of Bachelors Degree in English shows a completed study so it should be enough as a language proof

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
SapDee said:

Thanks

I am about to apply for citizenship at the end of this week. I am including transcripts with my degree certificates since then it lists the modules and both the language of instruction and assessment as English.

Does your degree certificate show the language of instruction / assessment was English? If not it may be advisable to include transcripts if they are available. From my research I have heard some people have been fine with just certificates, others have had issues.

I figured better safe than sorry :)

Good luck with your application,
Cappuccino.

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
Cappuccino said:
I am about to apply for citizenship at the end of this week. I am including transcripts with my degree certificates since then it lists the modules and both the language of instruction and assessment as English.

Does your degree certificate show the language of instruction / assessment was English? If not it may be advisable to include transcripts if they are available. From my research I have heard some people have been fine with just certificates, others have had issues.

I figured better safe than sorry :)

Good luck with your application,
Cappuccino.

Aren't you a citizen yet? Looking at your timeline on the right side it says you tried to apply and stopped? What happen?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Yukaa08 said:
Aren't you a citizen yet? Looking at your timeline on the right side it says you tried to apply and stopped? What happen?
Hi :) Erm no this is the first time applying for Citizenship - my timeline on the left is from my PR application which was competed in summer 2011. I moved to Canada at the end of August 2011.

My wife and I were planning to apply for Citizenship last year but they changed the rules to require 4 years in Canada out of 6, instead of 3 out of 4, just a few months before we were due to apply, causing us to have to wait a further year before applying.

Don't mind too much though since they also dramatically reduced the timelines from 24 months right down to about 5 months currently, so overall we'll still hopefully end up with the Citizenship certificate faster than the old system.

Also my wife shortly after we landed, went back to the UK for a few months to sort the sale of our house, and since we want to apply at the same time and hopefully get the same citizenship ceremony, I waited until both my wife and I had accrued the required 1460 days plus a buffer before applying.

Cappuccino

SapDee

Jan 25, 2016
One more clarification on Name change

I had only first name as Surname in my PP originally..so as on PR.

I legally changed my name by assuming spouse last name and updated on PP/PR/Ids new name( FirstName+LastName)

I have collected all supporting documents in order to show legal name change.

My worry is if they will have any objection in my name.

Please advise if anyone had same situation?

Thanks

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was returned yesterday citing that the English language evidence (CLB assessment result) was not accepted as a language proof. Now booked for CELPIP General-LS for next Friday for $175. :-[
Will re-submit in another 2 weeks after getting the results.
The good thing is they seems to be processing faster now as they received my application on Jan 20, 2016 and in 6 business days, received it back!!!!!!! ;D

benjie

Jan 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
My application was returned yesterday citing that the English language evidence (CLB assessment result) was not accepted as a language proof. Now booked for CELPIP General-LS for next Friday for $175. :-[
Will re-submit in another 2 weeks after getting the results.
The good thing is they seems to be processing faster now as they received my application on Jan 20, 2016 and in 6 business days, received it back!!!!!!! ;D
how but mine? i give my transcript of record for my language proof im still in college my graduation is on november 2016 and will be finish my course on april 2016,, idk if they will returning my application.. hopefuly NO

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For language proofs, pls refer the cic and they have a wizard:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

If you are studying, a certificate issued by the principal stating that you had completed one year/ semester and that the medium of instruction was English/ French might be enough.

Otherwise, take a risk and you will know from them. ::)

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Application has been returned on January 29th, due to the same Language Evidence missing. I guess I have to do the same what you are doing. I am Pissed!!!.... But they did date stamp it.

takamasa

Jan 31, 2016
hi there. i am about to submit my application tomorrow, i have all the documents ready

would u suggest me to send it by canada post or DHL/UPS? or it doesn't matter?
if i send it by speed post by canada post, should i use the regular mail's address or courier?

also do u guys put a folder for each piece of document or put all the documents into one single folder with a paper clip of ur picture?

thanks a lot for your kindly replies.