+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

Kdc1965

Jun 28, 2012
hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen , sponsor my Chinese wife who lives in Beijing, we submitted our forms on jan 20 2012. Sponsorship approval was April 23 2012. My wife finally received an email June 26 2012, that the Beijing office received her application for permanent residence on january 20 2012. This is strange because Mississauga office will only forward her application after my sponsorship is approved. The letter also said that normal processing times is about 8.5 months. Well the website states it is 5.5 months. We both are getting discouraged at the amount of time it took for the initial reply and the online status has never changed from application received and medical results received. How much longer will we have to wait? Will they ask for an interview? Will she need to take a english test? Any help and advise is greatly appreciated.

canadapr78

Aug 3, 2012
Hi am born in india(Punjab) and came to canada before 3 yrs on PR status, working from last 3 yrs had sponsorerd my husband from india, we have straight forward arranged marriage:-

For both of us its second marriage I am widow and he is divorce, parents found a guy for me in india(Mumbai) through matrimonial website and arranged marriage we both are hindu. My 1st marriage was also in india.

I and my child flew from canada and meet in person 4 days before marriage he came to pick us from airport, as marriage date was fixed by parents before that lots of skypee, phone calls, chatts, emails, gifts exchanged because i was in canada and he was in india never meet before, yes but he visited my parents once before marriage (one month before marriage)

Our courtship period after marriage i and my child stayed with him at his house for 1 month which also include honeymoon(10 days honeymoon) and Two 1 day picnics with his parents too.

Almost for Two months we talked and chatt before marriage.

I had child from my 1st husband and he has soon from his 1st marriage but her wife had claimed son and they had mutual divorce without any police case and allegations in indian court, no alimony, monthly pay or no burden, so he is alone now.

Little age different, i am almost 1 yr 5 months older to him, he is younger to me, I am 34 he is 33.

Did proper hindu wedding in front of parents and friends not on huge scale , because for both of us second marriage, also engagement inhouse, honeymoon and small party on her birthday too.

Had submitted 3 months back Hindu priest Certificate, Marriage Hall Certificate, Marriage certificate, PCC, medicals,wedding cards, wedding photos,honeymoon photos, birthday photos, emails , skypee chatt calls, phone bills, gifts bills, shoppings bills,one day picnic photo, his divorce decree, paid fees of $1040 too etc etc.

Can anyone who had DM or in process or PPR or forum member share some light,is there anything needed, me and my child missing him a lot and he too , daily phone calls and skypee are on.

Does this work out simple or complicated.

Thank you in advance for advice.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Well its been 4 months since my application was transfered to mexico city!.
and we never received an AOR

but we finally received correspondence from them!
they emailed us july 30 to request a new medical from my husband!
so this is good news! at least we are making some progress on the process :D

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
Traffic Report sent July 11, 2012.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
May 16, 2012 CSQ Transfer....: June 6, 2012.
Med's Done....
January 3, 2012 ecas showing 'IN PROCESS' June 20, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 29, 2012. PR doc in the mail !
Update! Finally Stage 2 approval, PR confirmation document on it's way! :)

My timeline will show the dates to help anyone going through Aussie VO.

Good luck to you all, waiting sux but this forum has helped me immensely. So thank you all

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Sammi said:
Update! Finally Stage 2 approval, PR confirmation document on it's way! :)

My timeline will show the dates to help anyone going through Aussie VO.

Good luck to you all, waiting sux but this forum has helped me immensely. So thank you all
Congratulations, you're at the end of the process!
Sydney is a good VO to go through - lucky you!
Enjoy Canada - quite a temperature difference!
Sweden

Tony3

Dec 16, 2011
Hi Kdc1965,

The most important news that you already have is :

1) The sponsorship is approved and
2) file is sent to Beijing

Do not worry about what the letter says about the 8.5 months or the website's 5.5 months processing times. This is only an approximate timelines and there are many variables for each and every application.

The online information displayed in the system is a "joke" and do not rely on it for any reason and for the most part it simply displays the same information , while in reality the application may have moved a few steps forward.
The waiting time is unbelievably tough and mind boggling - I know because I went through this the last 6 months. As for the interview , english test ( I dont think it applies for spousal sponsorship) and waiting time, try not to worry too much because it is not within your control.

If you ask me , you are getting very close for the PR/Visa approval. Hang in there and just focus on your good relationship with your wife - it will work out for sure !!!

All the best to you both

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Hey guys, I'm still here to update...just been crazy the last couple of weeks. My husbanded landed last Thursday and now were at the airport leaving for vacation. PM me if u need your line updated and I will get to it ASAP.

Happy long weekend :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
thanks Amanda to be here to support us, we are really happy for both of you. have a nice vacation :) we also have a little good news on our ECAS, its in process now ;) they started working on my application on july 31st, right after my interview. i hope everyone waiting here gets their visas soon
best of luck to everyone :)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
O-M-G :eek: :eek: :eek: haha

Finally our ecas says in process!!! (As of August 2nd) :D :D

wow! Feels good! Hope this means we're in the last stretch...

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Sweden said:
Hi everybody,

I've posted a few times on the Buffalo 2012 applicant thread, but never here.

I (the wife, Canadian) am sponsoring my husband (american) and our application was received January 25th.
I was approved for sponsorship April 23rd.
and our file is "in process" as of June 27th. The file also said that our medicals were received as well.

I have a few questions, that I feel are quite silly but would really appreciate it if anyone can answer them.

Hey! no questions are silly, and that's why the forum is for, so no worries!

1) how do I contact my MP about my application? As I have read in a few of the forums, that people are doing so? I tried to e-mail Buffalo through their website, but I keep getting a delivery failure msg back.here is the link with the name of all MPs. choose the one that corresponds to you and take contact and explain your inquiry, they should be able to help. Also - Buffalo office is closed and applications have been dispatched to different VO in the US so maybe that explains...

2) when and if they do request passports, do they send you an e-mail to request it? or is it by phonecall? etc? from what I can see, it's mostly by letters. but if your husband is from a visa-exempt country, then you won't be asked for the passport. They will send you the COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) to the address indicated in your application, and you can land with that (crossing the border is enough).

Hope that helps - otherwise don't hesitate to ask.
Best of luck with your application,
Sweden

Good luck to everyone!!
I came to ask the same question, thanks Sweden's answer. I tried to send Buffalo inquiry if they received our Medical Record as I saw everyone's status changed to In Process and also showed Medical Received. And I received the message delivery failure. Our status shows In Process, but there is no Medical Received line. We applied in Jan. and sponsorship approved in early April and then eCAS shows In Process on June 18. Then it has been quite. So from Sweden's answer, we even don't know where our application is now.

Anyone eCAS In Process in June, and received passport request email already? We are very lost from this process.

Thanks

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Amoss said:

Has it been In Process before or first time? I heard it will be back and forth a couple of times.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
iacrossnation said:
Has it been In Process before or first time? I heard it will be back and forth a couple of times.
???

This is the very first time that it said that on our ecas (it never said it for mine--the sponsor). I wrote to them last Monday to ask what was going on and bam! Thursday ecas changes. If it goes back that would just be ???

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Amoss said:
???

This is the very first time that it said that on our ecas (it never said it for mine--the sponsor). I wrote to them last Monday to ask what was going on and bam! Thursday ecas changes. If it goes back that would just be ???
I am so excited for your Amoss! I got in process AFTER ppr. You are close to the end!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
i got DM yesterday and i hope everyone left from january group get their DM soon.
i think there are only few left from this group, they are just going to finish remaining january members soon
best of luck to everyone else waiting for DM :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Amoss said:

congratulations Amoss, wait is almost over now :). i hope you get your DM soon
good luck