Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
Amoss said:
I think and hope so!! ours showed up last month
I highly doubt it. My add showed up too last month and I got my GCMS notes yesterday and they haven't done sh*t. Not started criminality or eligiblity or security. Nothing.

dreamcatcher

Apr 6, 2012
missmini said:
hiiii dreamcatcher :) yes it is like what u said; from what i know they don't ask for ppr from visa exempt countries; copr is enough to land and for u copr + csq (original) and the valid passport of course

also to avoid headache there u would need to fill in from before a list with ur goods (categories, not really one by one; but if u bring in fency electronics for example then it's better to describe them, write any serial number for the computer, laptop, iGadgets, etc); like this u will b exempted from any duty; also if u have any goods which will follow u, then u'll need the "goods to follow list" as well which will b stamped on the day u landed (again this will help not pay any duty for those)

i find it really stupid that the travel agent won't book u a one-way trip; i never heard of that before :mad: canada is not a country where ppl started to immigrate yesterday, there r soo many pr's landing every day and they all have one way tickets or maybe they don't believe anyone from Australia wants to immigrate there ::) anyway either find another travel agency or try to book online

cheers
Thanks for answering my questions missmini you have been a great help with information, really appreciated.

I was talking to my uncle on Skype today who lives in the U.S and he was saying it might be cheaper to buy a return ticket from Sydney to the USA instead of a one way ticket, then continue on a one way ticket to Canada, but I'm not sure how that would work with immigration etc. I still think a one way ticket is the way to go without any problems, but let me know what you think.

Anyways, my wife says the weather in Montreal has been really nice, although I think they are having thunderstorms today. Where I am it's our winter, so it will be strange to have a cold Christmas instead of a hot Christmas, not that I mind!, I think it will be a nice change!.

Aquaviva21

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Kenya
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI,KENYA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
File Transfer...
31-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
Around December 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-may-2012
LANDED..........
Soon hopefully before October 2012
Goooooooooooot my passport affix visa.....I'm so happy.me and my spouse have an age difference and I'm so shocked how this all worked....it was so fast.I thank all of you because you helped me have patience and know about the proceess anyone going to Vancouver????

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Aquaviva21 said:
Goooooooooooot my passport affix visa.....I'm so happy.me and my spouse have an age difference and I'm so shocked how this all worked....it was so fast.I thank all of you because you helped me have patience and know about the proceess anyone going to Vancouver????
Congrats!!!!

jpbs

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
LeisaP said:
Congrats!!!!
My wife applied for sponsor spouse outland visa in may 2012 when she returned to canada, we got married in india in march 2012, but before marriage i and my mom apply for visitor visa to give her surprise in feb 2012 but i didnt mention that i know anyone in canada and i am going to visit her in canada. will this affect my application ? visitor visa got rejected.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
another week and still nothing....sigh***

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
dreamcatcher said:
Thanks for answering my questions missmini you have been a great help with information, really appreciated.

I was talking to my uncle on Skype today who lives in the U.S and he was saying it might be cheaper to buy a return ticket from Sydney to the USA instead of a one way ticket, then continue on a one way ticket to Canada, but I'm not sure how that would work with immigration etc. I still think a one way ticket is the way to go without any problems, but let me know what you think.

Anyways, my wife says the weather in Montreal has been really nice, although I think they are having thunderstorms today. Where I am it's our winter, so it will be strange to have a cold Christmas instead of a hot Christmas, not that I mind!, I think it will be a nice change!.
hey there u welcome :) actually from immigration point of view noone will ask u if u have one way ticket or return and why; as a pr u can b in and out canada (with some restrictions); u can have the return in a few months and maybe go there during their summer for vacation with ur wife ;) or just cancel it and have part of it refunded (check for that though - each ticket and company have different conditions) and it's actually common for a go-return ticket to be almost the same price as one way, that's how some airlines work, don't know why :-\ :)
i'm spending warm Christmases for a few years now although all my life i had white cold one so for me that's the normal way ;) plus watching movies with white ones while u r in a hot weather it's kind of weird ;) for sure the first years i found it amazing to go to the beach on Christmas Day ;D new experience but just the first years; now i don't find it charming at all anymore; i want our first white Christmas very sooooooooon :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
LeisaP said:
When my spouses mailing address shows up on his ecase. does this mean they are possibly working on the application?
when i sign in under mine, it shows my home address and my mailing address.
but on his it only shows our mailing address?
same here it's all normal :) and i would like to believe that they do something with his file ;)

originhay

Feb 9, 2012
I wanted to ask if I am contacted to send some extra papers, like criminal check in the countries I have resided before. Can they ask for more staff, or they contact when everything is already finalized and just one document is missing.

Thanks,

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
originhay said:
I wanted to ask if I am contacted to send some extra papers, like criminal check in the countries I have resided before. Can they ask for more staff, or they contact when everything is already finalized and just one document is missing.

Thanks,
It kind of seems like they might ask for more at various times, or they might only ask for several things once. It depends on the agent I guess.
??? ???

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
whizbee said:
I highly doubt it. My add showed up too last month and I got my GCMS notes yesterday and they haven't done sh*t. Not started criminality or eligiblity or security. Nothing.
sorry guys i was not able to quote in my group..

as i told u i have got an interview call .. i am bit stressed with that.
can any one help me that those who got an interview what question did they asked u ??????

kham6490

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-15-2012
Passport Req..
22-05-2012- Received by ND on 23-05-2012-In Process-06-15-2012
My wife received our Passport today along with COPR. Thank-you everyone for the support and guidance. This is a great community. The only thing I can strong recommend to everyone is just keep PATIENCE. I know it is extremely difficult to be without your loved one, but have trust in the system and it will work as planned. Good Luck to the rest of the applicants!!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
kham6490 said:
My wife received our Passport today along with COPR. Thank-you everyone for the support and guidance. This is a great community. The only thing I can strong recommend to everyone is just keep PATIENCE. I know it is extremely difficult to be without your loved one, but have trust in the system and it will work as planned. Good Luck to the rest of the applicants!!!!
Congrats to you and your wife!!!!

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

How's it going ?

How long do the GCMS notes take ?

Cheers,

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
huerlaw said:
Hi everyone,

How's it going ?

How long do the GCMS notes take ?

Cheers,
I ordered ours on June 7... Kind of a waste cause we got the email that my husband had been approved just had to send passport. Anyway e notes finally came by email is past Monday. 33 pages of a lot of stuff that did make sense...I could understand that he had passed each stage but they use numbering and codes that are a second language to us.
It wasn't till the las page where there was some substance. Officer just noted how long and how often we had travelled back and forth and based on our extensive amount of evidence they felt we were genuine.

So all in all it took from June 7 to July 10, 4.5 weeks total