i've Landed in Canada.....

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey friends

1st of all Congrats to all those who have got the visa and All the best to them as well as those who are waiting to hear from CHC.

Guys I've finally landed in Canada and it is really a multicultural,beautiful and Massive place.

Couple of things to keep in mind -

I have noticed some of the guys at airport who were kindda puzzled over things (as they didnt do their research before cuming here) so keep these things in your mind

- No liquids of any kind,sweets or sharp weapons of any kind in you hand baggage ( visit your airline's website to get the complee picture)

-Carry all you documents in hand baggage - especially SPP Acceptence letter,Loan letter,passport and all

READ THIS CAREFULLY - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-arriving.asp

They can and do check these things and failure to provide them the required information or documentation can result in DEPORTATION or OTHER TROUBLE.

Prepare answers to all these questions

Where you going to stay in canada ?

How are going to support yourself during your stay in canada? (MAKE SURE YOU carry around 1500 or more dollars in cash on you)

How you gonna get to your college now or wherever u are going ?

(i was not asked any of these questions but other students were getting asked in front of me )

ALSO, IF YOU NEED ANY HELP or JUST TO MEET AND HAVE FUN TOGATHER after you have arrived in canada ( ESPECIALLY TORONTO ) contact me (I will buy a number soon and post, till den USE this thread to contact me if anyone is already in canada)

All the best friends

harmanmeet

Star Member
Jul 15, 2010
lovepreet said:
Hey friends

1st of all Congrats to all those who have got the visa and All the best to them as well as those who are waiting to hear from CHC.

Guys I've finally landed in Canada and it is really a multicultural,beautiful and Massive place.

Couple of things to keep in mind -

I have noticed some of the guys at airport who were kindda puzzled over things (as they didnt do their research before cuming here) so keep these things in your mind

- No liquids of any kind,sweets or sharp weapons of any kind in you hand baggage ( visit your airline's website to get the complee picture)

-Carry all you documents in hand baggage - especially SPP Acceptence letter,Loan letter,passport and all

READ THIS CAREFULLY - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-arriving.asp

They can and do check these things and failure to provide them the required information or documentation can result in DEPORTATION or OTHER TROUBLE.

Prepare answers to all these questions

Where you going to stay in canada ?

How are going to support yourself during your stay in canada? (MAKE SURE YOU carry around 1500 or more dollars in cash on you)

How you gonna get to your college now or wherever u are going ?

(i was not asked any of these questions but other students were getting asked in front of me )

ALSO, IF YOU NEED ANY HELP or JUST TO MEET AND HAVE FUN TOGATHER after you have arrived in canada ( ESPECIALLY TORONTO ) contact me (I will buy a number soon and post, till den USE this thread to contact me if anyone is already in canada)

All the best friends

thanks lovepreet for the nice info

_123rock

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-09-2014 - IN PROCESS
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
31-01-2015- Decision Made
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
Nice info with nice style

brig

Jul 21, 2010
DEar Lovepreet
thanks for the information bro.
i have got the student visa for only 2 years under the normal application..
how many years visa did u spp candidates get?

and also if its 2 years visa then how can i work after the 2 years study..is it a work permit visa then?

earthlover

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/10
IELTS Request
Med's Request
02/08/10
Med's Done....
09/08/10
Interview........
30/07/10
Passport Req..
20/08/10
VISA ISSUED...
25/08/10
LANDED..........
08/09/10
Hi Lovepreet,

Congrats for reaching your dream destination!

I have following queries-

- Are u going for 1 yr or 2 yr program and if u going for 1yr prog. than what option does one have for PR? Please tell me in detail what options are available for PR after one year of Postgraduate study?

- How did u arrange ur accomadation? Are u planning to prepare ur food yourself or usally good and cheap indian food is available in toronto?

- I submitted my orignal loan letter with my file to CHC. Do attested copy of letter will work to show at airport?

- and finally what airline you used, from where you board it, how much does it cost and how many days in advance u booked it?

Thanks for ur time!

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on safe landing. Btw which city did you land and which college? Can you share?

Thanks for providing good information for forum members.

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brig said:
DEar Lovepreet
thanks for the information bro.
i have got the student visa for only 2 years under the normal application..
how many years visa did u spp candidates get?

and also if its 2 years visa then how can i work after the 2 years study..is it a work permit visa then?

Hey brig

We get visa according to the duration/length of our course. Don't worry if u got 2 yrs visa you will be able to get the work permit of 3 years after its completion.

All the best buddy

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
earthlover said:
Hi Lovepreet,

Hey earthlover

Congrats for reaching your dream destination! Thanks buddy

I have following queries-

- Are u going for 1 yr or 2 yr program and if u going for 1yr prog. than what option does one have for PR? Please tell me in detail what options are available for PR after one year of Postgraduate study?

There are no options availiable as such after 1 year of postgraduate study unless its a 2 or 1 year master's degree. Am on a 2 year programme in Humber north and hoping to get a 3 year work permit after its completeion.

- How did u arrange ur accomadation? Are u planning to prepare ur food yourself or usally good and cheap indian food is available in toronto?

I've got my close relatives in toronto so staying with them. There are lots of indian restaurents and stores availiable but if u would like to save some money then would be best to buy material and cook urself at home.

- I submitted my orignal loan letter with my file to CHC. Do attested copy of letter will work to show at airport?

YES

- and finally what airline you used, from where you board it, how much does it cost and how many days in advance u booked it?

Air India - A direct flight from Amritsar to Toronto. Booked 2 days in advance ;-) .....was pretty expensive. will suggest you to book any flight as early as possible to save money.

Thanks for ur time!

You are welcome my friend

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charninder said:
Congrats on safe landing. Btw which city did you land and which college? Can you share?

Thanks for providing good information for forum members.
Hey charninder

Thanks friend. I've replied to your personal msg so kindly check.

All the best

zain1291

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
congrats buddy :)..

Hope you have successful life ahead. Will be in touch here even if I dont get visa. Wish I get though..

goodluck

Zain